Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sending dwarves to the hospital  (Read 1380 times)

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sending dwarves to the hospital
« on: March 30, 2011, 10:24:12 am »

So, one of my soldiers went to battle against some swallow blowgunners or something, and now his lower left arm has fainted, it seems. o.o

Does he need hospital attention? if so, how do i send him there? he just keeps walking around and doing tasks, even without the ability to grasp.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sending dwarves to the hospital
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 10:38:41 am »

I think that's just overlap of his status, and the location of a body part.

I'm pretty sure your body parts can't do that, and I've seen dwarf statuses overlap in strange spots before.

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 10:41:06 am »

I think that's just overlap of his status, and the location of a body part.

I'm pretty sure your body parts can't do that, and I've seen dwarf statuses overlap in strange spots before.

Oh, okay. Cause, he was blinking red when in battle. so something has happened him.

And does the dwarves go to the hospital automaticly? or do i have to assign them there?

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 10:44:11 am »

Did he wear any armor? He might have been hit by a poison dart, causing him to faint/go dizzy.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 10:50:00 am »

Did he wear any armor? He might have been hit by a poison dart, causing him to faint/go dizzy.

He wears a full limonite armor, with a iron hammer ( stupid material for a hammer, i know. xD )

Might have been that, but some of his arm-parts has lost their white colour, and he blinked red. now he doesen`t blink, tho.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 10:53:07 am »

The dwarves go to the hospital automatically, or are brought to them if they can't walk themselves (two lost feet so far and counting here, damn Cave Crocodiles/Giant Toads and their shaking).

Then you need to wait until the diagnostician bothers to do something...

...Limonite armour?
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 10:57:58 am »

Yea, this happens all the time. Ive had several people with broken arms and legs walk around doing tasks, blinking and not blinking. No one seems to care that a bone is sticking out of his arm or that he shouldnt really be walking on a leg lacking structural integrity.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 11:00:06 am »

I think he/she meant iron armor smelt from limonite. Also, you need a chain shirt to protect arms.
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 11:13:22 am »

I think he/she meant iron armor smelt from limonite. Also, you need a chain shirt to protect arms.

oh, alright. i have only equipped them with breastplates. i guess i should change to shirts. or both ( ? )

Now, i only have to deal with that damn weaver that stands in the food storage and says he can`t eat because "there is no path"

*facepalm*

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 11:27:28 am »

Use both. The chain shirt can be used with the breastplate ;) (but no leggings+greaves/high boots+low boots)
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 11:31:08 am »

Use both. The chain shirt can be used with the breastplate ;) (but no leggings+greaves/high boots+low boots)

alright, thanks. :D I use Low boots and greaves at the moment.