Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flying stone  (Read 654 times)

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flying stone
« on: March 30, 2011, 10:11:44 am »

I created a pit of 20+ z-levels, when I finished I noticed there was a quantum pile of rocks floating above the water the pit was supposed to connect to. I managed to clear the pile by creating a floor on that spot, when I removed the floor the stone used for it remained there, floating. Under that tile there's only water.

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flying stone
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 10:17:27 am »

http://img41.imageshack.us/i/fsdfr.png/ This is a link to a picture of the flying stone. I am playing in .25 with a save that has been around since .18.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 10:59:09 am »

http://img41.imageshack.us/i/fsdfr.png/ This is a link to a picture of the flying stone. I am playing in .25 with a save that has been around since .18.

There appears to be a floor and a staircase supporting it. Things can be supported from above. Like disco balls.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 11:15:26 am »

The floor is obviously supported, but I think he's talking about rocks that get mined out, i.e. items as opposed to constructions/buildings.

Without loo'k'ing at the tile, I can't tell whether that's normal or glitchy.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 11:29:42 am »

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 11:34:13 am »

There's a tree under it. Check with 'k', it won't show up on the screen because there's also water.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 11:35:28 am »

Yep there is. Mystery solved then.