Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best Artifacts  (Read 658 times)

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Best Artifacts
« on: March 30, 2011, 03:10:57 am »

So a craftsdwarf of mine went into a strange mood, and producted a chalk bracelet. It menaces with spikes of steel. It has an image of Dafo Twinkleadored the elf, and a dwarf on it. The dwarf is striking down Dafo Twinkleadored in 42, during Malayuthima, "The Crazy Seiges''.

I thought that was the second most awesome artifact I've ever made, considering I'm intentionally picking a fight with the elves. Have you had any wicked awesome artifacts? [Preferrably involving the slaughter of elves]
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best Artifacts
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 03:25:42 am »

Thats a good adventure mode artifact, not so much in fortress mode, but a deadly, deadly throwing bracelet in adventure mode.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 03:31:44 am »

Interesting. I was just engraving, and got another relating to this Dafo fellow. Apparently, in the Autumn of 40, he stabbed  Geshud Gloveguild's upper body in a Duel. I'm begining to think this elf is a prick.

Edit: And again. Another engraving involving Dafo... this time he's shooting the dwarf  Likot Omenworks. This elf definitely got what was coming to him. >:(
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:34:35 am by SpiralDimentia »
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Dibuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 04:43:29 am »

Got this in my Goblin Fortress mod. It's my best so far, it kills very, very well!

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 09:25:29 am »

Wait, the yak is a notable kill but the unicorn isn't?

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 09:27:06 am »

I've had an image of an elf being struck down by a tortoise fiend. I presume he was trampled since the artifact was called The Worry of Toes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 09:41:23 am »

Wait, the yak is a notable kill but the unicorn isn't?
It was nit just an ordinary yak cow!
It was Yak Cow the yak cow (which is pretty awesome :P )

Nagassh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 10:00:49 am »

My most entertaining artifact in my current fort is Dallithvozbel "Tubejailer the Riddled Revenge" an adamantite right gauntlet.

The crafter was locked in jail when he was taken by his fey mood, he'd served his sentence but no one felt like freeing him. Once he got out after a fair few minutes of flustered annoyance, he made a left gauntlet. The one item my Duke couldn't use after he lost his left arm to a giant toad while mining. Over 15 savescums (I know, shame on me, but my Duke is badass enough to deserve it, and the OCD is strong enough in me to hate the idea of odd numbers of gauntlets) later I finally got a right one. The name was just perfect, Tubejailer the Riddled Revenge indeed.

I also have a series of artifacts depicting my civilization being demolished by elves, it seems they were borderline wiped out, I can't even play as dwarves in adventure mode. I like to think it's the fortress craftsmen just being masochistic, keeping the grudge fresh.