Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Drunkenwhims of Artifice - .25 succession fort  (Read 20705 times)

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunkenwhims of Artifice - .25 succession fort
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2011, 07:16:29 am »

Alright, I get it. Still, Just cause your skipped doesn't mean you can't get another turn.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2011, 08:58:55 am »

All righty, I'll start it either today or Wednesday.  I'm not going to read ANYTHING about the fort except for the part about my character.  That's actually gonna be kinda hard.  Maybe I'll just read the whole thing...
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2011, 12:34:09 pm »

All right, I have the save and soon will start playing it.  Just taking a look at it though... Damn, this is gonna be... interesting.  DFReveal has told me two very interesting things...  Oh yeah, I have to set popcap down to 50, hah.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2011, 05:53:05 pm »

Alright, I get it. Still, Just cause your skipped doesn't mean you can't get another turn.

True - although some thread maintainers do frown on people getting turns after getting skipped.

All right, I have the save and soon will start playing it.  Just taking a look at it though... Damn, this is gonna be... interesting.  DFReveal has told me two very interesting things...  Oh yeah, I have to set popcap down to 50, hah.

:D
Don't want to mention the two interesting things now?
If you're talking about the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, I used DFProspector to confirm it during my year. I recommend using
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2011, 06:04:04 pm »

Hehe, I expected as much when I picked the site. The only metal is candy then?

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2011, 06:36:07 pm »

Imported metal and goblinite seem like enough to keep a reliable metal industry.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2011, 06:53:17 pm »

Oh, I think now I've forgotten the other thing that was interesting.  But that candy is MINE!  I'll start playing now.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2011, 09:19:03 pm »

Savs' wall-engraved log:

3 Granite, 10

Well, today some other dwarf came and told me that I was in charge.  I don't know who it was, and I don't know how he knew it was me...  Up until recently, I've been tethered to the lever with my back to everyone.  Don't really know what's going on.  It's not right, though.  See, I went to the Queen's University to study engraving.  That's how you're reading this now.  But I took a couple electives in the fortress management faculty.  I got Cs, but whatever.  The prof just hated me.  Now then, I first went on a tour.  I found a ton of holes in the defenses.  I hear we've been having kobold problems.  Well, I ordered those patched up, and even have set about making another outer wall.

This should give us a little more time to get to safety, and narrow the points of attack.  Also, I've made several peasants into Wallsmiths.  They will be charged exclusively with wall construction!

I found a bunch of rooms were in disrepair and unassigned, so now all of the children have beds to sleep in.  I've also decided that as fortress overseer, I need deserve better lodgings, so I've taken over these.  I have ordered a dining room to be dug out behind the study, and as the fortress' Historiagrapher, I will soon move my entire log onto the walls behind the dining room, which will also be dug out.

Wow, this place needs work.  Where are the mason's shops?  Oh, there's just one.  And it's right there.  Another!  I've heard already of a couple ghosts floating around!  20 Rock Slabs!  Come on, let's get a move on, people!

14 Granite

Wait, there are only two miners?  I have so many projects!  Let's just hand some newbies a couple picks.  I'm sure we have more lying around.  No need to consult the stocks record.

17 Granite

I smell candy, I smell candy.  I've told the other dwarves to make a stockpile of it next to the smelter when we finally get some.  I've decided to strip the previous broker, Urdim Handlereveres of his position as broker, seeing as he has NO HANDS.  In fact, I've replaced him with a MUCH more competent dwarf, and have locked Urdim in his room, because he needs to be put out of his misery.

18 Granite

It's come to my attention that a full 9 of our dwarves, that's 10%, are suffering from some sort of infection or other due to old wounds.  Well, we'll work them until they keel!

7 Slate

Well, the outermost bridge is finished.  Now we just have to put a wall up, and we'll have a somewhat-more protected fort.  In order to help with that, I've ordered the construction of 60 green glass serrated discs.  Once the 7 or 8 glass furnaces are up and running, we'll be cranking them out in no time!  I'd better assign some Glass Apprentices!

10 Slate

Now that I've mined out some of a candy column, I've ordered a few peasants to take the position of Candydwarf.  They are responsible for extracting the metal strands from the raw candy, which will then be made into excellence at our smelters and forges!  In anticipation, of that, I've ordered several more forges to be built, as well as a few smelters.

16 Slate

I'm beginning to hear cries of anguish echo down the hall from the deaddwarf Urdim Erushebal's room.  I've told the other dwarves to ignore it.

I mean, come on, he was useless!  I remember learning in Fortress Management that all useless dwarves like him should be mercifully killed, so as not to drag down the fort.  He'll get a proper burial place, don't worry!

19 Slate

We seem to be running out of alcohol.  For some reason, a previous overseer decided that plump helmets shouldn't be brewed.  Well, I say that it's better to have awful wine than nothing at all!  Also, it's time to get some more barrels!

1 Felsite

Well, a quiet, quiet spring so far.  Almost silent.  Feb, our mayor ended a mandate and immediately decided that he thought it would be good for the fortress to make a piece of leather armour.  Well then, have at it, tanners!

4 Felsite

One of our new miners today began raving.  It's another one of those possessions.

He claimed a forge!  Hope he doesn't make a copper boot or something... 

11 Felsite

What?  As soon as we meet Feb's mandate, he calls for three gold items to be made!  What a pain...  Well, I suppose 3 gold statues (assuming we have any gold at all) WOULD brighten up my bedroom...

13 Felsite

Ah, the elves...  As much as I dislike them...  We DO need the wood, and alcohol.  All right, let's get this done with.  The longer I see their pointy ears, the less I like them...

23 Felsite

Still waiting for our crack broker (aka, the mayor, Feb) to get to the depot.  But he's busy building walls, so it's OK.  I was informed today by another nameless dwarf that that Deaddwarf finally died recently.  Nobody knows when.  We all got used to his cries for beer, but then didn't notice that he'd stopped.  He will be buried in a nice chalk coffin.  I'll even have the engravers make a slab for him.

25 Felsite

Well, that possessed dwarf down there at the bottom of the fortress apparently finished his creation.  I wasn't far off the mark.  It's a rose gold boot instead of a copper one.  Well, it's worth 381120, so that's nice at least.  And someone in the militia will look really fancy with their mismatched boots!

26 Felsite

A ghost was put to rest, finally.

1 Hematite

Well, that was a peaceful spring.  I wonder where all the kobolds and goblins are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All right, I'm very suspicious...  Why didn't any invaders show up?  I turn off invaders to play another game that's been going on, but I had it turned on when I loaded this game. Any thoughts?

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2011, 09:33:43 pm »

Looks good so far at this point in my turn the fortress had fallen apart and you where enslaved (still think freeing you was a bad idea).

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2011, 02:04:45 am »

Savs' wall-engraved log:

I've decided to strip the previous broker, Urdim Handlereveres of his position as broker, seeing as he has NO HANDS.  In fact, I've replaced him with a MUCH more competent dwarf, and have locked Urdim in his room, because he needs to be put out of his misery.

urdim nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Thecko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2011, 04:47:07 am »

Im mourning with melkor, i grew atached to that handles dorf! The artifact shield fetish is astonishing, soon every item will have a picture of that shield, except for some that have pictures of the mayor holding socks, or armors, our mayor is harcore.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2011, 05:26:26 am »

For a handless dwarf, broker is about the only thing you can do.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2011, 05:04:52 pm »

Nope, a dwarf who can't even haul is useless to me.  You learn these things in Fortress Management, you know.  Anyways, anybody on the complete lack of invaders in the spring?  Should I try playing with a clean version of DF?  :-\

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2011, 05:35:09 pm »

Invaders come when they want to come, I have all year invasions at times

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2011, 05:38:37 pm »

The thing is, I was playing another fort, where at first, Invaders were off.  I later turned them on, and it's been three years without so much as a thief...  Well, I'll play on a clean version of DF and hope for some fun!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14