Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Drunkenwhims of Artifice - .25 succession fort  (Read 20719 times)

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunkenwhims of Artifice - .25 succession fort
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2011, 10:58:39 am »

They may have noticed how they where better armed then us. now that is not true because of a fresh shipment of lots of metals which we used to make into Warhammers and battleaxes.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2011, 03:06:28 pm »

sorry it took so long but i got the save and have been looking around the fort.

just 1 question pops in my mind. who the hell designed this fort :'(

edit: il be back in 10 hours to play the game and give a full report.
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2011, 03:26:58 pm »

sorry it took so long but i got the save and have been looking around the fort.

just 1 question pops in my mind. who the hell designed this fort :'(

edit: il be back in 10 hours to play the game and give a full report.
That happens in every succesion fort.
Your year trashed the place. I can't really say I am an expert when it comes to military matters. I found three possible holes in the defenses, two areas wide open to the caverns, and begging to be invaded by crundles. I see that the first gate was torn down, but I kinda expected that. Still would be nice to have if the outer defenses get overrun.

What saddens me is the state my dwarf is in, but nobody lives forever.

Anyway, melcor, your up!
You looked like you would die happy last time i checked you had been ecstatic because of the engravings, your table, and eating a masterwork ratweed roast.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:36:46 pm by Ahrimahn »

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2011, 03:50:31 pm »

Whoa, didn't I have a week to do my turn?

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2011, 09:40:48 pm »

Sign me up!  And Dorf me as Savs!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:05:59 pm by Savolainen5 »
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2011, 10:02:04 pm »

Whoa, didn't I have a week to do my turn?

I generally give a player two days to make a good report before being skipped. You can be bumped to a different spot.

@melcor

Welcome to Succession forts!

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2011, 03:40:10 am »

i am not trying to offend anybody but this fort is a mess.

drunkenwhims of artifice

why o why do I always get send to the most hostile places that exist.
Not only does this fort get attacked by goblin’s and kobolds they also start
a new religion one that involves not eating and drinking.
How the hell I am gonna make this place safe.
Wel lets just get there and get it over with.

Melkor’s log 3rd granite
I have been standing for 3 freaking day’s 3days! For these ass munches to open the gate. Apparently they have a little problem, they have 2 gate’s 1 main gate and a smaller one. The people who I am yelling at don’t have the lever for the main gate. The smaller gate behind them is closed, there is 1 lever but there are 3 note’s.
Seal outer gate, seal nearest brg, seal trap entry. Now the fellow’s are a bit confused which note belongs where. I just yelled: just pull the dam lever.  Apparently it does nothing. They pulled it 2 time’s and nothing seems to happen.

Things to do:
1 Build lever’s for the gates.

As I finally walk in I see that rising the second bridge doesn’t help at all since there is a small hole in the wall where invader’s can easily go through. But its hard to notice the small detail when your walking trough corpses. My god the smell, there are goblin body’s everywhere. I’m just trying not to step in something.
As I go down into the fort I can hear the sound of fighting. Apparently there was a crundle who paid us a visit, he had to pay with his live though. As I walk further I can hear people yelling for help. As I investigate i find out that some dipshit removed a upward stairway to place a hatch over it. No wonder people are dying of hunger and thirst they can’t get out. I quickly order the dwarf’s to build a upward stairway. As I try to get familiar with the fort (which is very hard there are no clear route through the fort and there are many chamber’s in this place) I find a room full with levers with lots of notes. So here are the lever’s for the bridges. And a lot more for ‘hatch control’ ….. there are hundreds of hatches’ which one does this one control?
God why don’t you place a note with something more than just name.
 you can place some text saying which layer and what it actually does.
Also piston support???? You know I am not toughing any of these lever’s somebody else can do that.

Things to do:
1 build lever’s for gate
2 trying to figure out this place.

As I look deeper in the fort I get more and more confused. I just can’t figure out this place where all those stairs lead to. And why all those hatches, really we don’t need them. Shit I am removing them all. Why do you need a hatch when you can build a wall around it.
Things to do:
1 build lever’s for gate
3 remove hatches

And now we are trying to find the workshops, there scattered al around this place. Not to say about the stockpile’s, come on why give a stockpile a number just name it what it contains crafts/wood/cloth. Etcetera.

Things to do:
1 build lever’s for gate
3 remove hatches
4 rename stockpiles

Well that’s all for today lets just get some rest tomorrow the real work begins.

btw shoudn't there be a dwarf limit of 50 i got 84 dwarfs

Joshua IX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2011, 05:24:13 am »

OK I just had a look at the save...

WTH :p

Things have certainly changed since I looked after the place. It was lovely and peaceful and CLEAN!

Also I might mention that the lovely tower top statue garden is apparently no more - poor dwarves being deprived of fresh air!

Also the crypt I made had up/down stairs for a reason! So that more levels could be added to it to avoid, say, putting coffins in random places :p

Still its looking pretty epic, even though I havent a clue what half the rooms are for...
Whatever happens, make it ironic dwarfy magma.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2011, 05:31:25 am »

Melkor’s log 4th granite
Okay I am reassigning everybody. That’s right everybody. If you good at what you do don’t worry you will keep on doing that. I am just changing your job name. as I am looking trough the skills of all the dwarfs I quickly notice that everybody is quite social. Now there is nothing bad with that it’s just that I believe they got a bit to much time on their hand if they’re capable to thrown that much party’s.

Okay done with that. Well first time I ever had more soldier then peasants. But if the rumors are correct we will need them. Now of to put them in the right squad, but first let’s see what weapons we have. We have no shorted of spears that’s for sure. We can easily equip or dwarf with a great variety of weapons but I would like to specialize squads that every dwarf in the same squad has the same weapons. We could smelt all the other weapons to make new ones.
But what is this!! We hardly have any war hammers this cannot be!!!! We must begin construction of war hammers immediately what dwarf fort can go without war hammers.

Now of to armor. 55 copper mail shirts!!!  Wel we dont need that many i should smelt most of them so we can make legwear for our dwarfs.
 I begin to wonder if our stock count is accurate i also have 55 copper caps.

I found out that we don’t have a book keeper. This is not good we need one quickly or else i could make fatal mistakes with our military.
As I look at all the jobs we have.
I see we not only have, no bookeeper, no manager and no broker. 
This can’t be!

At that time the mayor walks up to me to give me the title of mayor.
Nah you can keep it I say. The fellow is a bit surprised by my answer.
As I explain to him that he can keep the title and can live in a nice bedroom. I don’t really like being the mayor you need social skills for that which I don’t have. So you can keep being the mayor but I am running this fort, you understand?
Then it hits me. I turn to feb the mayor and tell him that he can be the broker manager and bookkeeper. At first he complains about the work, but then I point out that I am the boss here so you can bitch whatever you want but my word is final.
He is still upset but as we are walking (and he yelling in my ear) I finally turn to him and say here, your new room. He looks at the room (which is far bigger than his room) as he agrees to do all the noble tasks. Nobles I mumble to myself, there all the same.
With the noble problem solved I take the rest of the day of to study the layout of the fort, thinking to myself. How the hell did I and up in here.

btw: i havent put up any screens because i havent pressed the spacebar yet. in the next update il post screen's

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2011, 07:53:28 am »

Melkor’s log 4th granite

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don’t know what this is but it does make sure that every cave dweller can reach our fort. So I am sealing it off. Except for 1 entrance which I will spam with traps.

Not sure what this is, but it’s warm stone so I am not touching it.

I chanced the food piles a bit. Made it bigger and forbid seeds. And the farm plot now has a pile with only seeds. Now he doesn’t have to worry which pile he has to put/get the seeds.

Okay screw this I am redesigning this place.
We are going to have 1 room for storage and 1 room for workshops. Not a billon room with little stockpiles and no more: a little workshop there and one here.
No, no more. Oh and who’s idea was it to engrave everything. And I mean everything. Shit man the peasants don’t need these fancy dancy rooms. It only takes manpower, which we don’t have.

I also told the military to stop standing at the gates and start eating and drinking.

And I noticed that we are short on coffins. Why do you ask?

No reason.

God the smell of this place.

A bigger refuse pile should clean that up.

Well it finally happened somebody went mad. Well mad.. its more that RTiger won’t eat, drink or sleep.

As I am looking at our stock I find out that a lot of items are forbid or dump. I remove them all, except for the stone. We need all the stuff we have I mean, why would you forbid armor or crafts we need those things.

There finnaly done with the layout of my plans now to put them to work. Everybody is gonna haul shit. I don’t care if you’re a soldier peasant noble or a…..lever slave?
There have been some sick f**ks in this place.

Melkor’s log 9th granite
Let me emphasize that sick f**ks.
That poor bastard they call ‘lever slave’ is locked up in the lever room!
Seriously  what tha f*********ck, I’m starting a rescue operation to get that guy out of there.

Melkor’s log 12th garnite
there we have it RTiger has died. He felt to miserable to live on, now where to dump this corpse.

Melkor’s log 27th granite
We finally got lever slave out of that hell hole. Now he can move some stuff around. I have changed his name in the official log with his real name: Savs.

Melkor’s log 28 granite
You got to be kidding me, migrants. 20 of them, who the hell wants to live here.
Well more hauling force I guess.

i am taking a smal break. this is the first time i ever got mental tired playing this game.
also can somebody give a answer about the pop cap where on 102 dwarfs now
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:15:13 am by melkor »

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2011, 08:16:55 am »

Everyone keeps forgetting to change the INI settings. Honestly, if this isn't fixed, I will take the fort and genocide it back to 7 dwarves. Unlike other settings in a fort that are controlled by worldgen, the popcap is controlled localy

I was also surprised at how the fort has changed. It is just one huge mess. But, can't be helped.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2011, 09:29:21 am »

There finnaly done with the layout of my plans now to put them to work. Everybody is gonna haul shit. I don’t care if you’re a soldier peasant noble or a…..lever slave?
There have been some sick f**ks in this place.

Melkor’s log 9th granite
Let me emphasize that sick f**ks.
That poor bastard they call ‘lever slave’ is locked up in the lever room!
Seriously  what tha f*********ck, I’m starting a rescue operation to get that guy out of there.

Journal of Ahrimahn Smith
Fuck hes onto me! Damn this new overseer with his morals! He was incredibly useful he pulled the lever almost immediately every time!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:33:16 am by Ahrimahn »

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2011, 10:15:39 am »

Everyone keeps forgetting to change the INI settings. Honestly, if this isn't fixed, I will take the fort and genocide it back to 7 dwarves. Unlike other settings in a fort that are controlled by worldgen, the popcap is controlled localy

I was also surprised at how the fort has changed. It is just one huge mess. But, can't be helped.
It was one hundred dwarfs when i started playing.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2011, 11:38:42 am »

i did put it on 50 but still got the migrants
and i dont mind a little bit of genocide

Melkor’s log 11th slate
Everybody is busy hauling and dumping stuff. Except for:
Will see what he wants.
This can’t be good. I don’t like it when people are playing around with magma forges.

Melkor’s log 19th slate
This is a disaster! We only have dwarven wine. Nothing else, we can’t live on only wine. We are dwarves we need a variety of booze, guess I need to rebuild the still sooner than I excepted.

Melkor’s log 24th slate
Zas has begun his construction. I wonder what he will build from
1Electrum bars, 1silk cloth, 1stone block, 2leather, 1log, 1stone and…15 bones.
Oookkyyy, have fun with that.

Melkor’s log 1st felsite

Really… a animal trap… made out of electrum…..
The smile of zas quickly left his face when he heard my response when he brought his creation to me.
Just.. just gtfo. As I took a look at it I simply order it to be stored.
Really what tha hell am I supposed to do with it. If it was a armor or a weapon now that would have been cool. But seriously, am I supposed to put a prisoner in it. Come on their prisoner’s they aren’t allowed to have expensive stuff. Which reminds me have I stripped them of all there stuff yet.

Melkor’s log 13th fellsite
We have rebuild the still, and to prevent the brewer from only making wine, hes not allowed to brew plump helmets

Melkor’s log 16th fellsite
A ambush! we will see how our military does it.
Only 5 goblin swordfighters against our 20 dwarf… well kind of recruits but that doesn’t matter we are with more than they are.
Ooh there 7 more bowman. Hmmm don’t know if the military can hold them off.
Wait we have a bridge we simply raise it, now what lever does what?
I think I found the right one, well here goes nothing. And endok the dockter is outside getting shot but that’s of small concern.

Melkor’s log 17th fellsite
The fighting is heavy 1 of our soldiers ran ahead and… well is now getting his ass kicked.
And a another ambush came, even though I don’t see them yet.
Aah yes that’s true drawbridge can kill people.

Melkor’s log 18th felsite
The fighting goes well, we have a few wounded but there are only 2 more sword kobolds left.
And then a elven caravan arrives, good only need to get the bridge back and we will be able to trade.

Aaah dam another ambush and this time right next to the caravan. We need to hurry if we want to safe them. 

Melkor’s log 20th felsite
Another ambush that’s the 4th time now. The rumors where right this place gets attacked by all the goblins and kobolts at the same dam time.
Come on get that bridge back down

Melkor’s log 23th felsite
We are getting slaughtered 12 dwarf’s have died and the goblins and kobolds keep on coming.
The bridge is finally down and more soldiers can get outside and the rest of the peasants can get back in.

Melkor’s log 24th felsite
We did it the invaders are driven away. The dead count stands on 12 dwarfs and many more wounded.
Dear god…  ahrimahn has been killed

This is not good many people are miserable by the attack. Shit I still don’t have coffin’s

Melkor’s log 28th fellsite
Dam that kid I would have locked him up. If we had a prison and a sheriff.

And those elves got slaughtered (sorry no pics)

Melkor’s log 5th hematite
Our hospital is starting to get full.

Melkor’s log 15th hematite
A child went insane today, I am fearing for the worse.

Melkor’s log 18th hematite

Urdim I am really sorry but I don’t think we can use you anymore.

i am going to bed now it has been been getting very tired trying to understand this fort.
need to figure out what to do against the unhappy dwarfs.

edit: corrected some typos
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:44:22 am by melkor »

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2011, 11:57:11 am »

Journal Of Ahrimahn Smith
That goblin thought he killed me but due to deals certain eldritch beings i am immortal and have chosen too possess the lever slave. *HINT DWARF ME AS HIM*
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14