Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Capybaras, the new terror  (Read 3700 times)

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Capybaras, the new terror
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 11:56:17 am »

I only use my military to clean up goblins that don't die in the 15z pit. I think I sending too many of them to the pit at once and they're surviving by landing on each other at the bottom.

That doesn't happen. They take damage (in other words, explode) as soon as they hit the ground, but otherwise they are completely intangible while falling.

I remember from the dwarven drop pods thread (though that was a long time ago) that if a creature falls onto another creature both are unharmed. I don't think it's been changed since then. Though if they die the moment they hit the bottom I'm not sure how they let the next one survive.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Capybaras, the new terror
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 12:14:22 pm »

I only use my military to clean up goblins that don't die in the 15z pit. I think I sending too many of them to the pit at once and they're surviving by landing on each other at the bottom.

That doesn't happen. They take damage (in other words, explode) as soon as they hit the ground, but otherwise they are completely intangible while falling.

I remember from the dwarven drop pods thread (though that was a long time ago) that if a creature falls onto another creature both are unharmed. I don't think it's been changed since then. Though if they die the moment they hit the bottom I'm not sure how they let the next one survive.
Build this:

Code: [Select]
OOOO
.XVO
OOOO

Where O = Wall, . = floor, X = floodgate, V = chain (with an animal on it).
Now close the floodgate. When the animal moves onto the chain tile, the floodgate should close, and the animal can't move around. Now drop a dwarf onto him. Presto - Both survive, and the dwarf has dropped an arbitrary number of Z-levels. Note that this implies one or more critters on the ground and not both falling at once, as the latter raises timing issues.
Pages: 1 2 [3]