Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Capybaras, the new terror  (Read 3701 times)

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Capybaras, the new terror
« on: March 29, 2011, 07:33:49 pm »

The goblins ambush.

I gather my forces and send them in one big rush against the horde.  It should be a slaughter (as in, I expect the goblins to end in my bone pile and my soldiers to end in the hospital).

Just as they're about to engage, my soldiers see a small herd of capybaras.

Forget the goblin archers, they say, let's hunt capybaras!

The goblin archers pick off my soldiers one by one as they're distracted but in range.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Capybaras, the new terror
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 07:36:53 pm »

Obviously its a goblin-capybara plot to cause the downfall of your military and, thus, your fortress!  Those rats! :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

akinzle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 07:49:34 pm »

I only use my military to clean up goblins that don't die in the 15z pit. I think I sending too many of them to the pit at once and they're surviving by landing on each other at the bottom.

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 08:25:22 pm »

Capybaras are little bastards. Ive had at least 2 new recruits drown when they decide to chase them into a lake.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 08:33:07 pm »

For me it's badger boars/sows. Everytime I send out my civilians to do anything, the little fiends attack.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 08:33:19 pm »

I hate the little bastards. They also seem to totally lack meat value when slaughtered, which makes me wonder why anyone would ever keep them around. Capybara skull totems for all!!!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 10:43:42 pm »

For me it's badger boars/sows. Everytime I send out my civilians to do anything, the little fiends attack.
This. One of my hunters got devoured while reloading when a badger decided, "Hey, that guy is pretty annoying. RAAAAAAAGE"
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 11:16:13 pm »

yeh, there was blood all over my wagon cuz some badgers came into my map, my dogs told em to f*ck off and one enraged >.>

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 11:37:19 pm »

The best solution I can think of for this problem is TRAPS! Loads and load and loads of cage and/or stonefall traps take care of good chunk of them. Just remember to lock up your fort and post archers up on walls if you have them, to prevent unfortunate accidents.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 11:54:09 pm »

This. Badgers, badger men, badger bears, badger boars. They squeeze through bridge into walled palisade and do their usual snake dances. Like this.Badger men are the worst because hunters ignore them and I had to give military kill orders.

Fuck, I think even if I break to spoilers I'll get badger clowns.

Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 11:59:17 pm »

This. Badgers, badger men, badger bears, badger boars. They squeeze through bridge into walled palisade and do their usual snake dances. Like this.Badger men are the worst because hunters ignore them and I had to give military kill orders.

This, those badgers travel in packs like wolves, move pretty fast, and are prone to rage. There's almost always an active pack on my map, and my map is a huge cliff so they're hard to track.
Badger has enraged x20
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 07:36:50 am »

Luckily, they only cause bruising when the attacked dwarf has clothing on.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 07:50:50 am »

Capybaras ? Badgers ? Heh.

Obviously you guys don't embark a lot in desert biomes.

CAMELS.

Are pointlessly violent and send your non-military or non-trained dwarves to the hospital easily.

That is all.

Even the tamed ones.

I've even seen a camel one-hit-killing another camel with a kick to the head.

Jorshamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 12:23:14 pm »

Mmm, yeah. Badgers are nasty. I'm proud of modding the ones I've tamed to be trainable.

FEAR THE LEGIONS OF WAR BADGERS!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 12:42:27 pm »

FEAR THE LEGIONS OF WAR BADGERS!
And Badger Men riding badger boars stood againist them!

More! More badgers! What about badger ducks or badger eagles? Badgers! Badgers! Badgers!

Peregarrett cancels type: Too insane.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.
Pages: [1] 2 3