Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729743 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

We should have an RTD in which the GM rolls twice for each action. The second roll is the normal roll; the first determines how literally the GM interprets the player's action.
I'm not so sure. Literal..ity can easily be made clear. For example, "Slash the blade of my sword into the Orc in front of me". Maybe if the players were limited to providing the tools to use and the result, the second roll could instead be for the sanity/expectability of the action..it's a little hard to describe. An action of "Use sword to damage Orc" could be interpreted as follows for..
1:  Hold blade of own sword, use handle to bash orc on the head. (this is a real technique)
2: Take an ally's sword, and throw it at the orc.
3: Take the orc's sword, and slash its head off.
4: Slash at orc with sword.
5: Wait for an opening, then use own sword to slice at Orc's chest.
6: Decapitate work by throwing own sword at its neck.
Add in different magic for players to use, from fire magic to a ring of gender bending, and this mechanic can bring truely chaotic turns. You don't even need to actively be using objects for it to harm you. An action to "Use kitchen utensils to cook meal" could end up relying on that Necronomicon as a cookbook, maybe even summoning a demonic chef for that devil's food cake. You get what I'm saying, right?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 07:48:10 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile

...Where do I sign up.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"No more ninjas please and thank you".
Well, somebody's disregarding this rule...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Whistles innocently*
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Whistles innocently*
Why'd it take me so long (at least 36 hours) to realize that meant actual ninjas in the generator, rather than someone putting up more generator suggestions while Flab was still catching up (or some other such definition of ninja-ing)?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile

I have idea it call ROLL TO ANARCHIST IN FANTASY WORLD...  where you play as Anarchist(an Ideology of your choice such Mutualism,Egoism and others) but I am not sure if any interested such idea and it been long since I do any RTD

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Before I forget, Splatoon RTD. To summarize the original game, players are half squid, half human kids that alternate between the two species as they use colorful ink-based weapons to color more turf in an arena that the other team. You are slowed in the enemy's ink, and are harmed if you get hit by their weapons, but so are they. As a squid, you move faster in your own ink, camouflaged from the enemy, and regenerate your own ink-based ammunition, but cannot shoot. Other team-based variants exist, as well as a "single-player" campaign against the dreaded Octarians that could shift well into a cooperative game mode.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I've brought back Medieval Fodder, in its raw, frag-heavy, bloody team deathmatchy version, for the good or worse!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile

I have idea it call ROLL TO ANARCHIST IN FANTASY WORLD...  where you play as Anarchist(an Ideology of your choice such Mutualism,Egoism and others) but I am not sure if any interested such idea and it been long since I do any RTD
Guys? what do you think?

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does your ideology actually do anything in gameplay terms? I'd be interested to see how you handle arbitrary value systems, if that is indeed the focus of the game and not just a thin coat of paint over Roll to Fantasy World Deathmatch.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

"Fantasy world" can mean a lot of things. Tolkien-y? Steampunk?
One wheel short of a wagon

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile

Does your ideology actually do anything in gameplay terms? I'd be interested to see how you handle arbitrary value systems, if that is indeed the focus of the game and not just a thin coat of paint over Roll to Fantasy World Deathmatch.
Roleplaying with your ideology give bonus to your actions and it would  structured towards that...

"Fantasy world" can mean a lot of things. Tolkien-y? Steampunk?
Tolkien as Gernic Medieval Fantasy that has magic in it? It basically it meant cliche setting that would silly these 21th century ideology would obviously crash since none of the idealogy are built for pre-industrial days other than Anrcho-Prims

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165159.0

Well, I started the game with the publicly sourced loot table. It's only 40% filled, but it's good enough; I included a link in the OP.

Have fun, you crazy kids.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

In other looter's delight news, my own now has nobody on the waitlists. I need more people!
~~~
I had a dream last night(one I remember vaguely) about monsters and people who would breed their own monsters to combat them. I think I might run a game based on that.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9794 on: September 04, 2017, 04:42:30 pm »

In other looter's delight news, my own now has nobody on the waitlists. I need more people!
~~~
I had a dream last night(one I remember vaguely) about monsters and people who would breed their own monsters to combat them. I think I might run a game based on that.
With the players playing as the monsters, trying to break free from the control of their human oppressors?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 661