Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729525 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9675 on: January 29, 2017, 12:39:48 pm »

..TBF, I'll just call it Arcane. Calling it simply Magic is too overarching and general. Anyway, your starting Aspects are (129,337,76,302,360) Intelligence, Satisfaction, Liquid, Dance, and Glue. Pretty random, but there are some physical things to work with.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9676 on: January 29, 2017, 01:23:31 pm »

((Count me in, I suppose.))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: January 29, 2017, 01:42:03 pm »

You didn't put up a True Aspect, so I'll just give you(47) Carvings. Anyway, your aspects are (84,140,3,354,41) Transformative, Steal(not a typo), Air, Sci-Fi, and Angelic. Pretty good. Think two people is enough? I could wait for more. Either way, it wouldn't be for another 3 hours or so before I could get home and start writing up the turn.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9678 on: January 29, 2017, 01:53:36 pm »

This might be better if you're going to run tests, though it's not been used in ages and isn't being maintained in any way, so you might be better off creating a new thread. Roller's Block isn't usually used for straight-up in-thread testing like this.

EDIT: Forgot just how old it is, hahh - definitely start your own.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:00:13 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: January 29, 2017, 01:57:33 pm »

Draginean's still active, so I'll put the turn up there. In fact, I'm sure I could put a turn up now. Won't look too pretty (I'm using my phone), but it should work.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9680 on: January 29, 2017, 01:58:59 pm »

Draginean's still active, so I'll put the turn up there. In fact, I'm sure I could put a turn up now. Won't look too pretty (I'm using my phone), but it should work.

Draignean is active, yes, but he has no obligation to update that thread after so long - I'd suggest starting your own thread for testing, or taking to PMs with interested players.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9681 on: January 29, 2017, 02:05:06 pm »

The original poster isn't necessary for the thread to work. Heck, exkirby hasn't been on since 2014, and look at how successful Roller's Block still is! (Then again, Derm has surely passed 10k by now..)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: January 29, 2017, 02:39:43 pm »

Fair enough.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9683 on: January 29, 2017, 03:32:57 pm »

It's up in the Testing thread. I'd put a link, but I'm on my phone.

Edit: Here.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:33:10 pm by OceanSoul »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9684 on: January 29, 2017, 03:59:48 pm »

That's not something I expected to show up in my new replies... Truly science never dies.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9685 on: January 29, 2017, 04:20:17 pm »

The original poster isn't necessary for the thread to work. Heck, exkirby hasn't been on since 2014, and look at how successful Roller's Block still is! (Then again, Derm has surely passed 10k by now..)

I posted the 5000th reply. I'm biding my time for 10k.

We already have a unified system. It's just the basic D6.

What you're all doing is extending it. There's no need to really make a standard when there already is one and people just modify it anyway to suit their needs.

5k get
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:27:51 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9686 on: January 29, 2017, 07:36:18 pm »

the game DH ran with the list was short-lived, and the generator deserves a second chance.

On my standards, it was surprisingly long-lived! And yeah, all too short. As always, I cannot for the life of me understand why I didn't pick it up again like I was supposed to.

With this glorious generator revival going on, I wonder if I shouldn't revive Guns, Cash and Glory too. It appears I couldn't keep it going while in the army, and six months later when I got out... forgot I'd been planning to get back to it? Thought it was too late to go back? In any case, I wonder if there'd be interest if it was restored from this, uh, extended hiatus.

Not entirely sure I have the time, mind. I'll see about contacting the old players if I come to a 'yes' decision.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9687 on: January 29, 2017, 07:40:10 pm »

I'd definitely join. Also, since Fniff hasn't responded to my prior PM,  do you think these things would work well in the generator?

Spoiler: Spoiler'd for size (click to show/hide)

In total, it's about 150. I had free time, and a fair amount of it was from an independent random-generation project of mine. Don't ask about it. It's not nearly ready, though. Neither am I. Or you.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:42:04 pm by OceanSoul »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: January 29, 2017, 07:52:04 pm »

He's never complained about additions before, so go for it. I'd recommend dropping the weapons, though - there's a separate generator on the page for those already, so they're unnecessary for the aspect list.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9689 on: January 29, 2017, 08:01:16 pm »

Admittedly, weapons might get redundant in weapon generation. But sword x crossbow would be quite an option. And consider the implications of a sword or crossbow drug. A gun of swords would be TOO cool, though. What I'm saying is, despite being rarely redundant, it opens up so many possibilities. Imagine a bow of [sword, homing, light]!

Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 661