Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729329 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9555 on: November 08, 2016, 09:10:21 am »

Yeah, I would love that too.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9556 on: November 08, 2016, 09:21:34 am »

The Apprentice: Siberia. The players are apprentice shamans and must pass various tests including confronting carniverous reindeer and psychodelic moss. Horror. Psychodelic doesn't look like it's written right.

I didn't know I needed this in my life.

I just want RP again, that all

Put in the time to develop an idea, work a bit on your overall coherence and legibility, and then you should be pretty good to run a game!

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: November 08, 2016, 11:52:48 am »

IO is correct.

You need to find a setting and/or theme that pleases you, a story that you want to continue, a tone that you like, and a ruleset that suits; and then hope the combination will produce characters you want to RP with and for.

Good luck.

Speaking of which, Roll to Great War: Blackadder would be a good game. You are going to be sent over the top at dawn tomorrow, and have 24 hours/turns to get out of it. Lighthearted.

The Apprentice: Siberia. The players are apprentice shamans and must pass various tests including confronting carniverous reindeer and psychodelic moss. Horror. Psychodelic doesn't look like it's written right.

The Priests: Rural Ireland Version. The players are priests in rural Ireland and must serve Mass, administer to their flock, that kind of thing. But something goes awry, and instead of competing for promotion to Bishop, the priests must join forces to combat the greater threat. Gritty and ultra-detailed realist.

Best Man. The players are members of a stag do and end up 300 miles away from the wedding, which is tomorrow. They have lost all of their clothes and money, and must get the groom back. Unfortunately they are horrifically drunk and so use a special 1,1,1,3,5,6 dice. (3 is my least favourite die roll, as a GM.) Farce. (obviously, but there are many tones that would work well with this - what if they've just woken up to find one of their members brutally murdered, and all of them covered in his blood?)

Roll to Brian. The players are competing holy men during the Roman occupation of Judea. They must compete for followers, but also avoid being put to death.

I've got a couple more but lunchtime is over.

Thank you, these are all very good ideas and I always wanted to do something like that

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: November 11, 2016, 12:32:50 am »

*psychedelic.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: November 11, 2016, 04:15:00 am »

I believe it's psychedelic.

Too slow, TBF, too slow!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: November 12, 2016, 05:16:55 pm »

How much interest would there be in a Wizard's Whacky Death Race game?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: November 23, 2016, 08:53:05 am »

Many much interests, especially from me.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: November 23, 2016, 11:28:51 am »

All of it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: November 25, 2016, 09:55:33 pm »

Lithobreakers: Roll to Collide

The players are Artificial Intelligences on board automated missiles/spacecraft, which are currently on a collision course for a little blue-green planet, where they will detonate their antimatter conversion warheads and kill everything.
They have but a few hours of existence to learn about the world that they were born into, talk to the people they're going to blow up and the AI on the warship they were launched from, shoot point defences at other point defences that are shooting at still more point defences, and come to terms with the fact that they were created to both die and kill billions of people.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: November 26, 2016, 05:36:54 am »

Lithobreakers: Roll to Collide

The players are Artificial Intelligences on board automated missiles/spacecraft, which are currently on a collision course for a little blue-green planet, where they will detonate their antimatter conversion warheads and kill everything.
They have but a few hours of existence to learn about the world that they were born into, talk to the people they're going to blow up and the AI on the warship they were launched from, shoot point defences at other point defences that are shooting at still more point defences, and come to terms with the fact that they were created to both die and kill billions of people.

Sounds more like a pitch for a short story than a game.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9566 on: November 26, 2016, 10:41:43 am »

Sounds more like a pitch for a short story than a game.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: November 26, 2016, 04:29:18 pm »

Yeah, but it's more fun if I put a real person through that. Maybe it would be a good IF story.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: December 02, 2016, 08:21:32 am »

How about:

Roll to Cop
The players are, like, cops.

Roll to First Aid
The players are first aiders in a busy office, and have to respond to first aid requests – paper cuts, falls, heart attacks, that kind of thing. It’s also PVP competitive play, as whoever successfully treats an incident gets a pay rise and a level up.

Roll to Yoga
This is, like, a game about yoga practitioners going on an epic quest through space and time, and it gets updated quite regularly.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: December 02, 2016, 11:08:15 am »

How about:

Roll to Cop
The players are, like, cops.

Where? When? Futuristic street cops á la Judge Dredd or victorian era fantasy world office cops like... I don't know, someone?

Roll to First Aid
The players are first aiders in a busy office, and have to respond to first aid requests – paper cuts, falls, heart attacks, that kind of thing. It’s also PVP competitive play, as whoever successfully treats an incident gets a pay rise and a level up.

I feel that may result more corpses than treated patients.

Roll to Yoga
This is, like, a game about yoga practitioners going on an epic quest through space and time, and it gets updated quite regularly.

...I got nothing on this.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 661