Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 728710 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am a person without an in depth knowledge of physics and this sounds interesting, dbz.
Same.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

I think people don't mind in-depth science if it brings interesting results. So as long as the players can exploit the alternate physics and it's not just a background thing, it should interest people.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I think people don't mind in-depth science if it brings interesting results. So as long as the players can exploit the alternate physics and it's not just a background thing, it should interest people.
Proper science is hard to do right but amazing when it is.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

I'm interested in that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

I feel tempted to made a game that takes place in a universe with alternate physics. The goal is to make it easily approachable for people without in-depth knowledge of physics, and I'm going to expand on the physics for a story I might write in the future regardless, but I'm wondering if anyone would really be interested in that kind of thing. That kind of thing being general relativity and chemistry.

Although I do suppose 'alternate chemistry' is just a fancy word for 'magic.' We'll see.
Does this mean cartoon physics?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

I feel tempted to made a game that takes place in a universe with alternate physics. The goal is to make it easily approachable for people without in-depth knowledge of physics, and I'm going to expand on the physics for a story I might write in the future regardless, but I'm wondering if anyone would really be interested in that kind of thing. That kind of thing being general relativity and chemistry.

Although I do suppose 'alternate chemistry' is just a fancy word for 'magic.' We'll see.
Does this mean cartoon physics?

No it means tachyons and thermodynamics being all screwed up, i.e. being able to be infinitely cold but having an absolute zero for heat.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might as well use Great Dwarven Physics ! :)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

My crazy mind had this 'brilliant' idea of making Medieval Fodder a bit more wild, fast-paced and free-for-all. The result:

Spoiler: Arena of the Ages (click to show/hide)

I mean the mechanics are simple and easy; it's more about class balance. Of course I want to make the first game a test game to see how the classes fare.

Whaddaya guys think, tho?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:27:20 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile

Whaddaya guys think, tho?

So are your possible actions dictated entirely by skills? Or can you elect to do whatever?

Also, are non-combat actions processed like normal rtd actions (each number is assigned a success level), or is everything pass/fail?

Regardless, I like the concept, and would be happy to participate in a test game, if you plan on doing one soon. Dibs on Celtic Warrior!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 09:00:15 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

There's no non-combat actions. All you do is combating until one Avatar remains. Everyone has a particular skillset described at their Avatar info + a set of Common Actions :v

Testgame is here already!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Time for me to launch my own perplexicon
With the complex derived stats to avoid minmaxing
And a few tweaks to help avoid some issues seen in recent perplexicons.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

I was struck with an idea, but i can't explain. Welp.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello friends,

I'm somewhat in a pickle as I'm unsure how to continue in regards to lore progression, I got a few idea's but unsure which one I should implement. I can't openly state them, as the said players are in that rtd and could read this. But I would appreciate it if I could PM someone these idea's and have this person give his opinion. I feel like I would have an easier time making a decision then.

Just give me a heads up in any way and i'll pm the details straight away.
Durrr..

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got time to look at some stuff. Might want at least one other person, though, because I'm interested in helping as a way to get experience for my own stuff.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Ooh, I could look at things. I like looking at things.
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 661