Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 727626 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Might be kind of bland, but Defense? It gets the point across.

Also, link to that game when you post it, please.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Hope? Like, 'hope is my shield'.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Hey, whats a good Magical girl virtue that connotes defensiveness or perseverance or protectiveness of self or others? I'd use "Love" but thats what I'm using as the skill for tearing off limbs and fusing them to your body.

Thinking purity, maybe?
I... thought you were Twinwolf at first. That explains the limb-tearing much better, at least!

Purity is good. Innocence could work, depending on how well it fit thematically. Heart strikes me as edging into Love's territory, but it's a decent synonym for resolve or similar. Not fond of Hope, since it feels more like a commodity ("I have 3 units of Hope right now") than a trait ("My Love is at Tier 3"), but it does fit Love's naming convention.

Focus, Calm, Clarity, and Poise all match Purity's monk-like "inner strength of the calm, clear, enlightened variety, and therefore resilience" interpretation. Resolve or Determination are probably less stylized than you'd want, but fairly accurate and clear.

Of course, it also depends on what your other stats do and are themed as. Love/? ? ?/Celerity/Voice is going to be a different puzzle than Love/? ? ?/Hate/Empathy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

PTW
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Hey, whats a good Magical girl virtue that connotes defensiveness or perseverance or protectiveness of self or others? I'd use "Love" but thats what I'm using as the skill for tearing off limbs and fusing them to your body.

Thinking purity, maybe?
I... thought you were Twinwolf at first. That explains the limb-tearing much better, at least!

Purity is good. Innocence could work, depending on how well it fit thematically. Heart strikes me as edging into Love's territory, but it's a decent synonym for resolve or similar. Not fond of Hope, since it feels more like a commodity ("I have 3 units of Hope right now") than a trait ("My Love is at Tier 3"), but it does fit Love's naming convention.

Focus, Calm, Clarity, and Poise all match Purity's monk-like "inner strength of the calm, clear, enlightened variety, and therefore resilience" interpretation. Resolve or Determination are probably less stylized than you'd want, but fairly accurate and clear.

Of course, it also depends on what your other stats do and are themed as. Love/? ? ?/Celerity/Voice is going to be a different puzzle than Love/? ? ?/Hate/Empathy.
I went with Innocence. Mostly because "Heart" would be confusing considering all the other uses it will get.

KALI MA!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about integrity or honesty?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Friendship.
Frill Density.
Ribbon Proliferation.
Dress Radius.
Flammability.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

When doing systems that try to break down Love/Good in a way more involved than Color Coded For Your Convenience, I usually take a look at the list of Virtues and go from there. If you're focusing on the "defensiveness" characteristic as the opposite of aggression then the proper Virtue is Patience, being Peaceful in Goal- Black Mages are Wroth, White Mages are Patient. If you're more focused on the defense of the less fortunate then you want the Virtue Kindness, being good to all living things. If you're looking more for protectiveness of self in the Purity sense then Chastity is what you're after. If you're working the perseverance angle then Diligence would be what you want.

Like Irony said, much depends on what your other skills are and how you've typed them.

FAKEEDIT: Or just go Innocence, that works too.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Where did all these posts spring from.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Piecewise is apparently starting up a grimdark magical girl game and asked for a good name for a defense stat.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Piecewise is apparently starting up a grimdark magical girl game and asked for a good name for a defense stat.
I dunno if I would call it grimdark. I mean yes, you do cast magic by either hacking the heart out of an enemy or by self injury... But I feel like some elements are too campy to be dark.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

I dunno if I would call it grimdark. I mean yes, you do cast magic by either hacking the heart out of an enemy or by self injury... But I feel like some elements are too campy to be dark.
"CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIN"
"Awww, she's just trying out this new 'extreme blood loss' diet!"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIN"
"Awww, she's just trying out this new 'extreme blood loss' diet!"
You'd have what, 4- 5 litres of blood in a person. Blood is 1.06grams per ml, so a litre is just over a kilogram. So losing four to five kilograms... why, they'll be very healthy with all that weight lost!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The fun part is that you can either do it yourself, or do it when an enemy injures you. So say a big mother fucker called a "Joyless" comes over and bites your arm off. Turn that blood spray into a swarm of bees or maybe a jet of napalm! That will learn him!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And then take his arm to replace yours!
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 661