Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 728627 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

I am of the opinion that there might be a tad over saturation of Pirate RTD's nowadays but I'm really interested in the maniac animal wrangling .

Another idea: Roll through time! A mysterious museum curator has recruited you to travel through different time periods/alternate timelines and loot them for what you deem valuable. Upon/ if you return in one piece, he will appraise and award perks
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Which sucks, because pirates are my favorite thing. When I started RTRTD I had no idea what the story was going to be, so I immediately jumped to "you guys are now kidnapping people and becoming pirates deal with it". I thought about starting a thread that appears to be yet another pirate thread, the players make pirate characters and get all ready to pillage, then right after the game starts the players accidentally awake an ancient humongous mecha that was sleeping dormant on the ocean floor. You are now pirates piloting a mech across the seven seas to pillage and smuggle.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Well, he was saying modern pirates, which I think has potential. I could see a Somalian pirate RTD. It'd have a different dynamic to a regular pirate RTD in that the emphasis would be on taking people alive, being pragmatic, and not picking fights. Good luck getting the players to go that route without first killing your first batch, though.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Well, he was saying modern pirates, which I think has potential. I could see a Somalian pirate RTD. It'd have a different dynamic to a regular pirate RTD in that the emphasis would be on taking people alive, being pragmatic, and not picking fights. Good luck getting the players to go that route without first killing your first batch, though.
I was just responding to the idea of pirates in general. I just really want to see a mech with a gunpowder cannon gatling gun for an arm taking on the spanish armada.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Which sucks, because pirates are my favorite thing. When I started RTRTD I had no idea what the story was going to be, so I immediately jumped to "you guys are now kidnapping people and becoming pirates deal with it". I thought about starting a thread that appears to be yet another pirate thread, the players make pirate characters and get all ready to pillage, then right after the game starts the players accidentally awake an ancient humongous mecha that was sleeping dormant on the ocean floor. You are now pirates piloting a mech across the seven seas to pillage and smuggle.
That sounds pretty great, really!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

And I just really want to see a bronze codpiece. Thanks IronyOwl.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

Roll to Event Horizon.

Everyone, you must continue this line of thought.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

Thinking of running an RTD where players work at an Alien Petting Zoo on Mars, using a random generator to create the various creatures they have to keep under control. Would anyone be interested? I was feeling pretty inspired earlier, figured I should make a post so I don't forget about it.

I also considered a modern-day piracy RTD or an RTD based around the zany adventures of a group of kids, Ed Edd and Eddy style.
Yes to alien petting zoo.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I should make an Aquafight RtD.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

This is an idea I've been messing around with, although I'm not going to be able to actually post it what with the sorting of shit in my house and the preparing for the exams...
Spoiler: Idea (click to show/hide)
Tell me what you think. Obviously, this is just an idea I've entertained for a while, so it's not very fleshed out.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Roll to become a Hero
The Demon Lord's armies ravage the world, tales are told of legendary weapons, and mystical artifacts hidden away in long-lost tombs, orc fortresses, dragon dens, and the like. While war shrouds the land there are many who rise up to the call to arms hoping to become a hero whose name, and tale are spoken for eons and eons until not a strand of civilization is left standing in the end. In this game players take control of simple folk, guardsmen, farmers, carpenters, hunters, and more who embark on dangerous missions and quests to gain power, fame, and glory enough to become heroes. Oh and the levels, can't forget about the levels.

Basically the entire objective of the game is the players want to become heroes, becoming a hero means that a player wins the game and their character enters the Hall of Heroes, of course they may well all die fighting the Demon Lord in a grand final battle but that is unimportant. Anyway the way to become a hero is rather simple, the character must reach Level 10, commit one Great Act, and own a Legendary Item all of these while taking part in harsh missions and deadly dungeon crawls struggling to survive.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

^^Sounds pretty standard. Can't say there's anything wrong with it.

This is an idea I've been messing around with, although I'm not going to be able to actually post it what with the sorting of shit in my house and the preparing for the exams...
Spoiler: Idea (click to show/hide)
Tell me what you think. Obviously, this is just an idea I've entertained for a while, so it's not very fleshed out.
I think I remember you talking about that a while ago. I still like the idea.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've basically finished most of the stuff for the space team rtd, but I now face the problem of mapping. The question has basically become how much should I really map, and what should I do it with. I'd actually prefer to avoid hexes in this particular case, despite it being space, mostly because I don't like how that makes it impossible to travel in a straight line. I'm petty like that. I could probably just keep it vague but honestly it seems like something I really should map out. Of course on the other hand, I don't want it to turn into space economy simulator 2014.

Edit: Also the mars zoo thing sounds neat.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Thinking of running an RTD where players work at an Alien Petting Zoo on Mars, using a random generator to create the various creatures they have to keep under control. Would anyone be interested? I was feeling pretty inspired earlier, figured I should make a post so I don't forget about it.

I also considered a modern-day piracy RTD or an RTD based around the zany adventures of a group of kids, Ed Edd and Eddy style.

Roll to be Adolescent Alien Zoo Tycoon Poachers (whether you are poaching from the zoos or poaching planets to fill up your zoo is a matter open for debate.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Roll to be Adolescent Alien Zoo Tycoon Poachers (whether you are poaching from the zoos or poaching planets to fill up your zoo is a matter open for debate.)
Who says they have to be different?

"You stole my Spotted Hyphernicilicus!"
"Which you stole from me!"
"Because you stole it from me first!"
"Which you had stolen from Arxaxxus Prime!"
"Who had stolen it from Nelgich!"
"And they had stolen it from Algaroch!"
"Who just found it in the derelict freighter of an unknown empire filled with ominous glyphs!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 661