Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 728704 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...put it in the faster than light universe and i'll go to the local priest, bring back some holy water and bless your idea

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone here read The Borribles? Except for the part where nobody could start with a name, that universe could make a pretty epic rtd. There's no way I would be able to run it until this summer, but an Einstienian Roulette type mission system might work well, with new players going along with old to earn their names. I might even write up a Borrible book of proverbs if I can find the time to run it.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...put it in the faster than light universe and i'll go to the local priest, bring back some holy water and bless your idea
Hey, it could probably be run that way. That might well be the best way to handle crew/where the players are in any case. Only problem with designing the ships that way is that it doesn't really leave much room for players to try and activate devices that the ship may or may not have. Not a necessary feature by any means, but I suppose leaving "technically" empty rooms would allow for new parts of the ship to suddenly be defined. That would probably end up requiring a rather massive ship in the end though. Honestly I was just tossing out the idea as a base.

Edit: Just for context: My view of the players' ship is some giant hulking box of metal, probably several decades out of date, far larger than the sleeker craft produced nowadays, with so many bloody rooms that even the onboard ai/captain doesn't know where anything on the ship is. It is ridiculously tough, slow, and damn if it doesn't have horrible mileage. But it has a lot of guns, and it'll probably get you where you're heading, minus several tons of armor.

Edit2: Sidenote, haven't there been a few sort of "GM advice" posts in this thread? I feel like I remember one by Tarran at least. If anyone finds those, I feel like they'd be a good thing to add to the first post. Regardless, I'll be downloading this thread to sort of go through it anyway, mostly to compile the number of idea dumps that probably didn't get used.

Edit3: Anyway, I might actually do a simple test in the testing thread, because y'know, that's what its for. It would probably just be one delivery or whatever, unlikely to damage the ship enough to kill it, but good enough for a test.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:32:35 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

Hello there, Having way too much time on my hands i decided to try to make a RTD! again! but i just want to make sure people would actually wnat ot play this little game that i made up in about an hour, and feel free to point anything you think is stupid out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Hello there, Having way too much time on my hands i decided to try to make a RTD! again! but i just want to make sure people would actually wnat ot play this little game that i made up in about an hour, and feel free to point anything you think is stupid out.
Go for it. Now. Or else.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

Go for it. Now. Or else.

I have it already in the start new topic section, i just wanted to see if anyone was interested.
edit: done duckaroony.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

I have an idea.

Roll to Corpse Party.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Roll to Communist Party.

There ain't no party like the Communist Party 'cos the Communist Party NEVER LETS YOU GO
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

In America, everyone is always looking for the party.

In Soviet Russia, Party is looking for you!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Roll to Party Without The Party
Oh no! The most awesomest party ever is happening in a Siberian gulag, and you're stuck over on the Pacific coast! Time for a road trip of epic proportions, but wait! The evil GOVERNMENT wants to send you to a different gulag where there is no party! Only brutal, brutal interrogations and publicly being made examples of. Better throw dodging them into your plans!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

...I'm free to dakka my shitty ideas over here? SCORE

Roll to Civilisation
Play as human nomads. Settle someplace, learn shit, research technologies, and raise a civilisation.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

Roll to Corpse Party: Die Horribly Edition

You are stuck in Heavenly Host Elementary! What are you going to do now?

Die a horrific death if you don't escape of course!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

...I'm free to dakka my shitty ideas over here? SCORE

Roll to Civilisation
Play as human nomads. Settle someplace, learn shit, research technologies, and raise a civilisation.
This could be really, really entertaining for watching the civs develop.

[6] Your people invent bronze working! In fact, they fucking LOVE bronze! Bronze everywhere! Bronze statues, bronze tans, bronze codpieces!

[1] This concept of "Literacy" confuses and enrages the mighty Nukulei. They'll be having none of your devil-tricks spreading to infect the general population.

[2] Horse, Noun: A very large uncooked roast.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Roll to cook

Let's throw all of you maniacs in a kitchen and see what you can make for dinner service.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 10:17:05 pm by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thinking of running an RTD where players work at an Alien Petting Zoo on Mars, using a random generator to create the various creatures they have to keep under control. Would anyone be interested? I was feeling pretty inspired earlier, figured I should make a post so I don't forget about it.

I also considered a modern-day piracy RTD or an RTD based around the zany adventures of a group of kids, Ed Edd and Eddy style.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 661