Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 726842 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

A tournament-style RtD with a slightly complex character creation: like Arcana Heart meets Anarchy Reigns.

Step one: Augment

First, your character gets some form of augment. This augment is generally powerful, but can be "activated" for a few turns and unleash powerful attacks. Like an arm that becomes a chainsaw, you'll be able to deliver strong punches and possibly do ranged grabs with a chain, before activating the augment and chainsawing the opponent.

Secondly, you add a Circle to it. Circles call forth the abilities of ascended beings and bind you to them, for instance:

The Circle for Fire calls Fenrir. Adding it to your chainsaw arm would cause your normal punches to be a bit more... explosive, and when the chainsaw is activated, it would be a FLAMING chainsaw. All circles would grant a combination of certain things:
Passive abilities. In this case, fire resistance.
Basic Attacks: In this case, it augments punches and grants a fireball attack.
Augment Attacks: In this case, it's a long dash while the flaming chainsaw is held forward. Ramming into an opponent with spinning fire chainsaw is definitely a good thing.

Stats are simplified, simply HP, Power, and Save.

HP determines if you're a glass cannon or a tank. At the lowest, 0, a couple of good combos can kill you.
Power determines just how damaging your attacks are. Note that some kinds of attacks have set damage- such as the chainsaw. The chainsaw dosen't get any weaker or stronger based on your ability to swing it because it's a chainsaw.
Save is a chance to reroll or dodge. If Save activates, here is it's hiearchy of activation:
Character will die this turn: Avoid certain death one time.
Character will take a mortal wound this turn: Avoid the worst attack this turn.
Character fails their attack this turn: Retry attack roll.
Character succeeds in their attack: Save goes unused. Save does not stack and will not carry over to next turn.

Let's take a look at other possible combinations of augments and circles.

A character has a headset with eight eye-like cameras, linked to a large rifle.

Basic attacks are weak burst projectiles, smacking people with the gun, and kicks. When activated, the gun's barrel extends and the headset comes over the eyes, and large, high-damage lasers can be fired.

Using the Circle of Time changes the basic attacks around slightly- projectiles are slower but home in somewhat, and when the rifle is activated time stops for a short amount of time allowing the first shot to hit unfailingly. Passively, projectiles have a harder time hitting you (higher roll required to hit).

Using the Circle of Steel changes the rifle completely. It's no longer a compact laser rifle, but a sniper rifle with a bayonet. Basic attacks are now slightly slower with more damage with the bayonet. Activating the rifle takes an inactive turn, but it now fires entire swords. Passively, you get a boost to HP and you're harder to maim.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Okay, while my current game is slowly dropping off the rails of sanity, I was coming up with another idea. Basically, I have six players. They all PM me actions, I post the results in the thread. Pretty standard, right? Wrong. Because each of them is in a different world, while the consequences of the actions of say the guy in world 1, when the 'round' is over, will apply to a randomly selected other world the next morning.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Something about this conversation made me think of an alternate game where everyone is in a police holding cell in various ridiculous states of dress and whatnot, explaining how they got there. But the story doesn't unfold linearly either backward or forward, everyone is just explaining the story at various points as it comes up.
That would make a great movie.
It's probably been done before.
I JUST REMEMBERED.

Anyone ever seen the movie 'Shorts'? It's told in segments, jumping around to different parts of the story.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile

Okay, while my current game is slowly dropping off the rails of sanity, I was coming up with another idea. Basically, I have six players. They all PM me actions, I post the results in the thread. Pretty standard, right? Wrong. Because each of them is in a different world, while the consequences of the actions of say the guy in world 1, when the 'round' is over, will apply to a randomly selected other world the next morning.
Ooh, I like. I approve of this idea. But what would doing something to their world mean? Would you be trying to build up yours while destroying other, or what?
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

-snip-
I love this, so much. I'd play this, or even help with it.   Yeah I'd definitely want to be involved with this somehow.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Made the Momento RP!

I can't join because of too much own game writing, but awesome, hope it goes well.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-edit posted in the wrong thread meant to put in gaming block-

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Kind of a game I'd like to run, and probably a game I couldn't do justice tonewise. Kind of half-baked rules. And yes,

Silly Spy Season
You are agents of APE - Agents Protecting Everything - an intelligence service of the nation Generica, headquartered in New Oldtown. From here you are sent on various missions that rarely resemble those of real life intelligence agents... or those of move spies, for that matter. Sure, you get the occassional bodyguard or infiltration mission, or have to capture some crooks, but it's always with some weird twists. And then there are missions like restraining wayward warbots with slingshots, or testing out the newest inventions from the resident mad scientist, Professor Veronica Virus.
But that's okay, kind of. You're all kind of weird too, just like the world around you. You're used to the world deciding that comic book physics should apply one moment, but not the next. It has benefits, too - most wounds you suffer are easily healed. That nose can be sewn back on, that hand slots right back in, that sort of thing. Worse are the punishments for failed missions, and you do fail missions. Ever had to unfold yourself after being turned into origami? Mr. Zed sometimes seems like an endless barrel of punishments.

As an agent of APE, your application form looks like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At the start of your mission, you have a single use of your silly spy skill. A success takes that single use away, but a failure doesn't.
Using your silly spy stupidity and failing grants you an additional use of your silly spy skill for the mission. Actually succeeding with your silly spy stupidity doesn't grant an extra use, though - the success is its own reward.
At the start of a mission, you have two mission tokens. When you take an action, you may declare that you want to use one mission token. Doing so adds a +1 bonus to the roll. No more than one mission token may be used per action, and you can't use mission tokens on your silly spy skill or stupidity. Alternatively, you can use a mission token to declare that you happen to have a relatively mundane and carriable item as part of your equipment for the duration of the mission (the object seems to always vanish into limbo between missions). As long as the item is relatively mundane, like a gun, a cell phone, a lockpick, or a sledgehammer, you have it, even if you seem to have no way to actually carry it.
After most successful missions, you get an additional mission token for each mission afterwards. Some missions may be too short or too easy to provide mission tokens, however.

Mr. Zed
Mister Zed is your supervisor in APE, often called the Chief Ape... but best not to his face. Endless barrel of punishments, remember? He is kind of overweight, heavily bearded, and has brown hair and eyes.
Silly Spy Skill: Trick the agents into doing what he wants
Silly Spy Stupidity: Reading and evaluating people

Prof. Veronica Virus
Prof. Virus is APE's resident mad genius. She's so brilliant, she blinds herself regularly to the usefulness of her inventions, safety precautions, or simply the world around her. A regular source of missions, one way or another. She is short, blond, and wears sunglasses everywhere.
Silly Spy Skill: Mad science!
Silly Spy Stupidity: Useful inventions

Gertrude Garter
The secretary of Mister Zed, Getrude is tall, thin as a twig, and hook-nosed. That wouldn't really matter to anyone, but she is also convinced that she is a drop-dead sexy statuesque stunner, and has been known to try to use her feminine wiles on about every APE agent. She tends to react violently to any insinuation that she isn't quite as attractive as she believes herself to be.
Silly Spy Skill: Sift through paperwork.
Silly Spy Stupidity: Seduction
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

I actually like the rules. Thumbs up.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Yes I'd definitely play that I think you should do it immediately actually not immediately because I'm off to bed shortly

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

That sounds like a fun game. One plus thumbs up.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Yes I'd definitely play that I think you should do it immediately actually not immediately because I'm off to bed shortly
I'd play.
If I remembered to.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Um. Hi guys!
I'm back and stuff. I figured I'd make a post here. I apologize for abandoning everything and all the games I was in, and really wish I had a decent excuse... I don't. :-\ So um, yeah. Sorry!

It's going to be a hell of a job going through and finding all the stuff I was part of etc. Oh well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

You're not Yoink you're a feckin' naughty boy.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 661