Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729635 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

OOH! I just had another RTD Idea.

A ghost-hunter Co-operative RTD, but less in the style of Ghostbusters, and more in the style of Luigi's Mansion.

After being out of work for what seems like AGES, the GhostCrue Paranormal Removal Agency gets a call from a wealthy homeowner, claiming that her entire estate has been cursed by her lawyer when he was over for dinner the previous week. After he got up, complaining about the meal, she refused to pay him for his most recent financial endeavour he performed for her. She claims that he uttered a long string of inaudible words, and promptly left the house, vowing his revenge. It wasn't until that night that things began...happening. Floating objects, disappearing furniture, and even sightings of ghosts just...lounging around, being slobs! She says that they've even been stealing her money! She says that if you get rid of them, you can keep whatever you find.

That's where you come in.

Each character chooses a ParaUnNormalTM weapon and Flashlight model to fight against the ghostly menaces, And can choose to go alone into a sector of the extensive estate, or team up with others to explore. After a job is complete, the Crue can go back to their offices, and choose to spend the cash they've found on upgrades, new items, or advertisements, which can bring in extra jobs. Different types of ghosts can haunt different types of houses and rooms, so watch out, as, sometimes, you might not have the best mean to dispose of them.

ParaUnNormalTM weapons range from Destroyer Models, which erase the ghost completely, but do it quickly and more efficiently, to Collector models, which keep the ghosts for studying, but take longer to catch ghosts. Flashlights an be fitted with extra abilities, such as Brighter Lights, Strobe Lights, Flash Bulbs, or Black Lights, all with their own special advantages and disadvantages.

This is all I have so far for the plot and mechanics, but would anyone be interested?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Hell yeah!
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

Bay 12 mansion?
I'm in.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

I just had an RTD (or a forum game, doesn't matter) idea. Many of you are familiar with the Metamorphica. Many of you are also probably familiar with the Metamorphican Madness games. Well, my idea is in a similar vein.

Roll to Help Your Poor Dog!

You've just had a crappy day at work. You had to stay in late, the workload was abominable, plus the network went out, like, twenty times during the day. You could go on and on, but the short version is that it sucked. Hard. So you went home on the skytrain, and while you were looking at the sprawling, yet decayed urban landscape speed on by you, all your worries slowly passed and you entered a more tranquil state of mind. You see, you've learned to think happy thoughts and to concentrate on happiness-related concepts and objects. And you have one object of happiness to concentrate on - your dear old dog. You got it some time ago on your government-mandated psychotherapist's advice, and it's done you no end of good. Dear god, you love that thing. You don't know what you would do without it.

So, after watching the mandatory train exit corporate ad and exiting the skytrain, you make your way down the halls of your living block. It's a nice enough block, you'd say. Not too shabby, but nothing to jump with joy about. As you climb the stairs up to your apartment, you are in a happy place. A calm place. A good place.

You unlock the door and go in, making sure to triple-bolt the door behind you. These are dangerous times, after all. You call for your dog. It comes to you, whining sadly.

Something is wrong with it. Terribly wrong. Immediately apparent levels of wrong are before you, and it is a bit difficult not to retch at the mere sight of it.

Good lord, how could this have happened? What has happened here?

Only one thing can help you now.

The vet.

You make sure to wrap your dog up in order to avoid disturbing the other passengers of the skytrain and take a ride over to the nearest vet, Dr. Kohler. You sit down in the waiting room.

You notice that there seem to be five other dog owners here with you among the legion of lightly traumatized cats, antisocial parrots and genetically engineered companion apes with painkiller addictions and gunshot wounds all over their body. There seems to be something terribly wrong with their dogs as well. Hopefully it's not an epidemic or something.

Wait, something's happening to your dog again. Uh oh.

Spoiler: How does this work? (click to show/hide)

Does this sound like a good idea to anyone? It just came into my head, so it's a bit rough.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I love that idea.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

This speak to me.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Sounds pretty good. Seems like it would be nice to have the mutations happening on things other than the players.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

I would love to play that, but I will encourage my dog to destroy society so I could become KING!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

that is one the coolest RTD ideas i have seen in ages.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

OOH! I just had another RTD Idea.

A ghost-hunter Co-operative RTD, but less in the style of Ghostbusters, and more in the style of Luigi's Mansion.

After being out of work for what seems like AGES, the GhostCrue Paranormal Removal Agency gets a call from a wealthy homeowner, claiming that her entire estate has been cursed by her lawyer when he was over for dinner the previous week. After he got up, complaining about the meal, she refused to pay him for his most recent financial endeavour he performed for her. She claims that he uttered a long string of inaudible words, and promptly left the house, vowing his revenge. It wasn't until that night that things began...happening. Floating objects, disappearing furniture, and even sightings of ghosts just...lounging around, being slobs! She says that they've even been stealing her money! She says that if you get rid of them, you can keep whatever you find.

That's where you come in.

Each character chooses a ParaUnNormalTM weapon and Flashlight model to fight against the ghostly menaces, And can choose to go alone into a sector of the extensive estate, or team up with others to explore. After a job is complete, the Crue can go back to their offices, and choose to spend the cash they've found on upgrades, new items, or advertisements, which can bring in extra jobs. Different types of ghosts can haunt different types of houses and rooms, so watch out, as, sometimes, you might not have the best mean to dispose of them.

ParaUnNormalTM weapons range from Destroyer Models, which erase the ghost completely, but do it quickly and more efficiently, to Collector models, which keep the ghosts for studying, but take longer to catch ghosts. Flashlights an be fitted with extra abilities, such as Brighter Lights, Strobe Lights, Flash Bulbs, or Black Lights, all with their own special advantages and disadvantages.

This is all I have so far for the plot and mechanics, but would anyone be interested?

I'd play it
It's FEF, not FEOF

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

Got my new RTD up. The one with the big huge all characters of every story to have existed in a huge deathmatch.

It's here
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if anyone remembers Serious' Roll to Alter Someone's Life, but I was thinking about Roll to Manipulate the Chosen One(s). Basically, the players are incorporeal powers within the head of the Chosen One. You want to lead him/her on the path to become a champion for whatever god/primordial force you embody while negating the influence of the others - and still make sure he actually survives, fulfills the prophecies and saves the world, because he's an ignorant peasant and really could use your guiding hand.

Failure to influence him/her enough will make your patron god/power unhappy, and you don't want that to happen. Failure to actually help him along will bring about the end of the world. But, like, no pressure.

Additional fun could be had if it's a party of heroes, not just a single Chosen One. And if some of the players actually do want him/her to fail.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I kind of want to run Roll to Dadge again.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

I kind of want to run Roll to Dadge again.
DO EET!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

I don't know if anyone remembers Serious' Roll to Alter Someone's Life
Someone needs to revive that, again. It's fun as hell.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 661