Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 727640 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Note made for Caerwyn and Greenstarfanatic.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile

My idea for a new RtD, currently not in planning for some time until my Library of Forgotten Lore RtD is finished.

My inspiration for it is an old story of mine, which I dubbed 'Bad Fantasy'.

In a shared subconsciousness which all people enter once they die there is a world twice as big as the earth one knows. On that world, there is one capital 'Gaia' which is made of 7 districts. But in the middle of all, there is a tower. While no one knows what is true, the people of Gaia's Guild preach that 'God's seat' is on the top of it.

The Districts are the first District 'Thrice-risen District', controlled by Levia's Blessing (Chaotic Good), a group that stands against Gaia's Guild Chaotic Evil).
The second District and third District are the 'Sunsky District' and 'Damned District' controlled by Saria's Mercenaries. (Lawful Evil)
The fourth District is the 'Living District', an independent District.
The fifth District is the 'Moonlight District' is controlled by Gaia.
The sixth District is the 'Lost District' is where the 'Prophets' awaken. An independent District like the fourth.
The seventh District is the 'Trader's District', controlled by Grace's Mercenaries (Lawful Neutral).

The Prophet's are ordinary people, forced to enter Gaia and the shared subconsciousness. They have a special ability no one but them has.

The abilities are always the 'Being Prophet' one, which the players have to learn about themselves.
But they can chose a second one:

Puppetmaster (Master of Strings, Greece.). Let an ally use his ability through your body or control an enemy for one turn. (5 Turns Cooldown.)
Infinite Masks (Crawling Chaos, Cthulhu Myth.) Let's one copy someone else's ability that is weakened (-1 to the rolls) for one turn. (3 turns Cooldown.)
Mars Blessing (War God, Rome.) Every weapon get's a +1 to every weapon for one turn. (3 turns Cooldown.)
Creation Rebirth (Takamagahara, Shinto.) Regenerates Limbs faster (usually 3 turns for full recovery, instant for Creation Rebirth.) (1 turn Cooldown.)
Men's Blessing (Buddha, Buddhism.) Invincibility for one turn. (7 turns Cooldown.)
Masterful Prophet (Better than 'Being Prophet' as such, only ability) (0 turns Cooldown.)
Four Legs Glare (Reincarnation, Hinduism) Transforming into any animal (3 turns Cooldown.)
Sun Blessing (Egyptian.) (One time per day (SUNLIGHT) +1 to every roll for every roll for 3 turns.) (One Night Cooldown.)

A Prophet is allowed to die twice, but loses his Prophet ability for the first time. (Yes, even the Masterful Prophet.)

If a prophet dies, a player slot is opened.

That's all for now.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

A SMALL TOWN IN AMERICA…

“HAHAHAHAHA, JERKOFFS!” shouts the leader of the seventh graders. First you look about you, at the dusty corners of the dead end in which you find yourself, and then into the eyes of your companions. Chuck trembles with fear. Joe is already crying. Randy’s cheeks are red with shame. “FIRST YOU’RE GONNA DIE, AND THEN WE’RE GONNA TAKE YOUR DINNER MONEY, DICKWADS!”

Chuck wets himself.

The seventh grade gang approach. You fall to the floor and curl into a ball, waiting for the inevitable.

You never see what happens next: you are too terrified to uncurl and watch.

There’s a sound of screaming.

There’s the sound of a punch to the guts.

And the dull crack of a kick to the jaw.

Then there’s the sound of whimpering; the soft sob of… of a seventh grader crying? The hurried footfall of fleeing bullies? It must be a trap: Chuck and the others are dead! They’re surrounding you! THEY’RE GONNA TEAR YOU APART!

…   …   …   …   …   …

A few minutes pass. Suddenly the smell of urine gets stronger.

“Dude. Dude. Get up man. They’re totally gone, dude!”

“Wh- what? B-“

“Dude. It was an eighth grader, man! He came out of nowhere and… and he knew… he knew…”

“What, man? Come on Chuck, what did he know, buttmunch?”

“Dude, he knew YOGA, man. It was the most terrible but awesome thing I’ve ever seen!”

You notice Randy a few feet from the rest of you. He seems to be vomiting.

“But what’s up with Randy, Chuck? Did the seventh graders get him first?”

“No, man. No. He just saw it all. He’s seen things he can never unsee, dude. Those bastards are in hospital now, man! THEY EAT DINNER THROUGH TUBES NOW, DUDE!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

A couple of hours pass. You get home.

“Mum, can I learn yoga? There’s a class at the community centre Sunday?”

“Yoga? Erm… yeah… sure?”

And that is how your quest to master the ancient martial art of yoga begins. Little do you know, now, how far it will take you. Little do you know, now, how close to death you will come.

ROLL TO YOGA

Spoiler: The Three Main Yogas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM’s Notes (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't. But. That. But.

Amazing.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I can't. But. That. But.

Amazing.

Also,

Yay subtle poke at bullying!

Alsoalso, la said he is too busy to run that, and is putting it down here to adhere to the OP - Borrow an idea from the Roller's Block!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:29:50 am by Tiruin »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

Could I be any more IN!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll join this Yoga RTD.

Er, I mean, YOU WILL let me join this Yoga RTD.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

So I've decided to do another live RTD, this time focused on mage school (I read Leaky D20, decided to do something in a similar vein)

https://app.roll20.net/join/46519/HydyOg

Feel free to drop in.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, guys, dunno if anyone remembers, but I've been talking about the Agency RTD idea here every now and then. That's a thing that I'm making now. In Forum Games & Roleplaying - it lost any and all RTD mechanics somewhere along the way. So if you're still interested, keep an eye on that forum as well - I know some people don't stray outside this subforum too often.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

Digital, we're starting now. Git on.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

In Forum Games & Roleplaying

Oh man, how could you!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, Ex. That was fun.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Wacky Death Races 3

Work in progress

Spoiler: Game mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Building (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Parts and explanations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Racing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map and events (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your vehicle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:16:39 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd be IN for that one!
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 661