Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729182 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Lawas knows where I live)
« Reply #4875 on: July 22, 2012, 08:34:35 pm »

I'm Monk12, and I approve these game ideas.

Regarding Dokapon specifically, what's the win condition? X Gold + X Fame? I like the multiple Cities influencing one Castle idea, if you think it can be done without being tedious for the GM. I'm not sure how well the RPS format will translate to RTD, though, mostly in terms of interrupting the flow of play while you wait for somebody to pm "I favor rock!"

I tend to favor permadeath if you expect a game to be fairly long, to allow waitlisters. If this is a quicker round-based thing then respawns work too.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: July 22, 2012, 08:40:22 pm »

Not sure on the win condition. In the game, whoever had the most stuff when the Big Bad was defeated won. Something similar could work here, or it could be based on running out of new regions to amass, hitting a certain wealth level, or something else.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: July 22, 2012, 09:05:19 pm »

I prefer the Board Game Online idea more, to be completely honest. IronyOwl's board game sounds interesting, but the combat mechanics seems a bit...Iffy.

If nobody cares about the BGO idea, I might even start thinking more deeply on an RTD based around it...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: July 22, 2012, 09:11:12 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I like the BGO idea too, but I haven't played that game and thus don't have much to comment on. Some more fleshed out rules for that would be a joy. WIIIIINK

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #4879 on: July 23, 2012, 04:37:26 am »

Dokapon? Oh yeah, I have that for DS somewhere in my house. Although, IIRC, thievery was decided by two dice. And I still remember the fat guy's minigame which put one player into crippling debt for the rest of the game (A level 10 spy with no weapon or shield (The lack of latter courtesy of me) and about 15000 out of pocket). Gonna see if I can find that game =D
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: July 24, 2012, 06:57:47 am »

Bother, my idea vanished.

So, it went something like this:

Roll to be a Romantic Fiction Novelist. A PvP RtD. Player with most sales after 20 turns wins.

Phase One - writing. Each turn would have to be accompanied by appropriate romantic fiction prose. Every line above two lines would give a +1 bonus. Once the player feels they have enough words, they proceed to phase two.

Phase Two - getting it published.

Phase Three - promoting sales.

Alternatively, it would just be a quest based non-PvP game in which characters are heroines of romantic fiction and must quest to find their true love, in the style of romantic fiction. I actually prefer this one.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: July 24, 2012, 07:15:03 am »

Wait... So dedicated players could write a whole block of sappy, horrible prose and end up with something like a +43 bonus? :o
That sounds fun!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: July 24, 2012, 07:18:39 am »

Yes, if it was appropriately written. Of course, you could still roll a [1] and die or something. But [6+43] would be interesting.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: July 24, 2012, 07:21:18 am »

Bother, my idea vanished.

So, it went something like this:

Roll to be a Romantic Fiction Novelist. A PvP RtD. Player with most sales after 20 turns wins.

Phase One - writing. Each turn would have to be accompanied by appropriate romantic fiction prose. Every line above two lines would give a +1 bonus. Once the player feels they have enough words, they proceed to phase two.

Phase Two - getting it published.

Phase Three - promoting sales.

Alternatively, it would just be a quest based non-PvP game in which characters are heroines of romantic fiction and must quest to find their true love, in the style of romantic fiction. I actually prefer this one.
Requesting in for both, especially the latter.  :P

Also, poetry with numbers off the scale? That must be one to see, also shows creativity.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: July 24, 2012, 07:23:23 am »

As for the second version of that idea, it could really be interesting with a dedicated enough GM & players...
Either set in modern day, or some tumultous period of history(the dark ages, 1600s Spain, WW1/2 etc), there is a lot of potential. Hang on... How about players take the rolls of eternally weepy, time-travelling damsels, who gain the ability to leap through time and space from enchanted diaries?

Or something. And then they spend the RTD questing throughout diverse time periods, unable to make another time-shift until one of them has discovered true love, at which point said maiden is ditched in that current timeframe whilst the others shoot off again!
MY GOD WE ARE GENIUSES!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: July 24, 2012, 07:39:03 am »

And then they transcend to truelovegoddesshood. That could work.

I was more thinking (or was I, I can't remember) along the lines of LOTR, or a ster

er wait. Was I? You know, they go to the ball with Mr Darcy and suddenly a band of orcs jumps out. Or something.

...my considering of a witty reply to Mr Darcy's dry commentary was rather delayed by my fixation on his burstingly full white jodphurs. Reader, I was smitten. I felt my fulsome bosom beating beneath my corset and 'twas only the nearby eruption of a bloodthirsty orc warband that brought my attention back to the present and away from my lustful musings. Alas, for as I observed Mr Darcy cut down these illiterate fiends with his terrifyingly manly hands, my heart was once more carried away to a land of masterful dance, exquisite tearoom conversation and private luxury yachts. I knew that Mr Darcy possessed all three...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: July 25, 2012, 08:42:33 am »

Prinny RTD

Spoiler: Sign-Up Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leveling (click to show/hide)

Here is my slightly improved Prinny RTD idea, quick deaths preferred, and allies as bombs expected.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: July 25, 2012, 08:47:54 am »

Are you going to do it?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: July 25, 2012, 08:49:44 am »

Are you going to do it?
:\ Maybe, if I do I'd probably work out all the stats for items and enemies before I start it so as not to drag me down.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: July 25, 2012, 08:58:42 am »

Prinnies being used as a missile battery. Just saying.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 661