Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 728421 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Lawas knows where I live)
« Reply #4620 on: June 12, 2012, 06:32:07 am »

Well I could do it. It wouldn't be that complicated, I got some free time left. (Not enough to run any of my other games, but this one wouldn't be that complicated). I'd do it if I can get 3 people who'd say they'd join.

Anyway, adding rules for minibosses and such now.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: June 12, 2012, 06:47:23 am »

I say I'd join.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: June 12, 2012, 06:51:41 am »

I'd be interested. Probably as Sean Connery.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: June 12, 2012, 06:58:18 am »

Seems like I can't count, made it anyway.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: June 12, 2012, 07:00:26 am »

@10ebbor10: Can we post now?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: June 12, 2012, 07:02:21 am »

@10ebbor10: Can we post now?
Oh yes.
I only needed one post.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: June 12, 2012, 07:06:56 am »

Could you explain this to me?
Skills: Your start with 2 positive one, and one negative thingy
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: June 12, 2012, 07:09:46 am »

Could you explain this to me?
Skills: Your start with 2 positive ones, and one negative thingy
Same system as used by the Bowienauts.  You get 2 positive skills, which can range from a flat +1 bonus or an active ability, and one negative thingy. For your character that migh be something as a weakness to crosses or something.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: June 12, 2012, 09:14:41 am »

So, after much decision, and after thinking of doing this and making it into an RTD with a premade world, something hit me: Why not give the players the world to make and what lore to create (based on what they do), their own civilizations and other matters, if anyone is interested that is*

Building a World, DF Style. From the Age of Myths and onward. However, many things will still be unstable (and the dice would be the basis here), perhaps using a d10 for variance?...

Spoiler: There must be balance. (click to show/hide)

I ask the permission from IronyOwl and Gatleos to borrow their ideas.

There is no end for when the Creators can create. So this means we may even meet the Age of Death; or until civilizations begin arising.

Spoiler: Rolls; d10 (click to show/hide)

Tl;dr: Roll to Create an RTD

On an unrelated note: Roll to be a Semi-megabeast.

This was hastily written, so apologies for the lack of concrete concepts and specification of who to ask. Also for the long-winded spoilers with little substance.

*Laws of Physics and other ideologies exist by default. Unless you really want a place with low gravity and...wait, that sounds great! And, yes, this was done before, but I'd like to try my hand here if it's perfectly alright with everyone.

So... what does everyone think? Too aspiring, or aiming too high?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 09:21:08 am by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: June 12, 2012, 09:21:40 am »

Sounds complicated but interesting - you may need either to be flexible when running it or to define things more precisely before starting. Would there be a goal?

Would there be room for a God of Uncomfortableness who spends all his time trying to terraform mountain ranges into the shape of a groin? Who tries to make men make unintentional and awkward physical contact? Sorry, I don't think I should join...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: June 12, 2012, 09:26:41 am »

Would there be room for a God of Uncomfortableness who spends all his time trying to terraform mountain ranges into the shape of a groin? Who tries to make men make unintentional and awkward physical contact? Sorry, I don't think I should join...
Don't forget about creating red Speedomonsters to hide under men's beds. Or maybe clone Sean Connery and put the clones with the Speedomonsters under everyone's bed.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: June 12, 2012, 09:27:45 am »

Sounds complicated but interesting - you may need either to be flexible when running it or to define things more precisely before starting. Would there be a goal?

I was thinking along the line of total freedom for players but...yes. Any God can be made in whichever way he/she sees fit, as long as the personality is believable.

Still unsure on the goal, but I'm thinking it goes along "complete a viable world for an RTD", meaning players will design whichever things they want to see in one.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: June 12, 2012, 09:53:44 am »

Incidentally, I'm still thinking about Roll to Minstrel, I'm just not sure what form it should take.

How does this sound?
It would be a quest of some kind, with a cast of four minstrels, using my habitual wound/character system. Actions would be submitted in the form of a minstrel’s verse, and each character would have to meet their particular minstrelly requirements in that verse in order to gain a +1 bonus to their roll. Then the turns would be written in minstrelly verse. Er, that’s about it, actually. I'd be interested in any mechanic/plot suggestions.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: June 12, 2012, 10:04:21 am »

Make all of them carry string-based musical instruments and quest for the Pick of Destiny (just change the name), Tenacious D style.

Or any other cliché relic.

Secondary objectives could include making as much people foaming from their mouths in anger as possible with their terrible verses, and you could add a counter of "ANGRY PEOPLE" to the game.
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: June 12, 2012, 10:24:34 am »

They are retrieving Sir Keardwall's holy exterior spleen.

On their way they should encounter a whole lot of dangerous things, switched of with practical problems. (Rain messing with the strings of the lute, hard hearing giants, stuff like that).
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 661