Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729441 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Cue three people representing the pony threads.
I haven't done the description of the whatever layers of hell yet.
/Just kidding (But really, banned threads are supposed to end up there)

Besides there aren't so much pony threads around right.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I said three and I meant it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I said three and I meant it.
Well, not my problem. It's not like I'm going to run it or anything.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I didn't know that someone already did the idea of two IC threads o_o

Anyhow, I suppose the flagships can be custom made by the players using the spreadsheet I made :P
(cue accusations of over complexity)
Wait, it's not too complex to make! xD The computer does 90% of the work for you! D:

When I get home, I shall finish up the form and post the OP.
Strategy-centered game it is, I suppose o_o

Now, where to put it. What's the major difference, what's the line between RTDs and regular forum games? I never really understood .

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I didn't know that someone already did the idea of two IC threads o_o

Anyhow, I suppose the flagships can be custom made by the players using the spreadsheet I made :P
(cue accusations of over complexity)
Wait, it's not too complex to make! xD The computer does 90% of the work for you! D:

When I get home, I shall finish up the form and post the OP.
Strategy-centered game it is, I suppose o_o

Now, where to put it. What's the major difference, what's the line between RTDs and regular forum games? I never really understood .
RtD are supposed to be simple and d6+character based. That's more or less all there's about it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, RtD GMs like to have your character roll a check to know if he/she is able to tie their own shoes without getting a huge explosion to happen.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, RtD GMs like to have your character roll a check to know if he/she is able to tie their own shoes without getting a huge explosion to happen.
Don't give them/us any ideas.

On an unrelated topic, if I could draw consistently I'd totally make a suggestion game with the characters being superheroes based on actual RTD players who would fight against the evil GMs who plot any conceivable kind of evil, just because they can.

The main characters:
-Derm, the RTDestroyer. The name says it already really.
-Taric, aka Captain "Yea I defeated an army by psychically wanking at them". I was going to call him Captain "Stop bringing that up all the time" but DigitalHellhound pointed out that the concept of shame is unknown to him.
-A third player of a similar caliber. Don't know who that would be really.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:43:35 pm by Darvi »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Bob
Tie my shoes.
6: A Power-Rangers style explosion just happened. Power Rangers because it was very far away from you. Somehow, sparks are coming out of your shoes accompanied by some weird sound effect. Well, at least they are tied, even if slightly burnt.
5: You tie your shoes so well those are the shoes that shall pierce the heavens with lame references from good anime!
4: You tie your shoes.
3: Your shoes are kind of tied. Does not look too good.
2: You fail at tying your shoes. HURR DURRR!
1: An explosion! Coming from your shoes. They just exploded in your face and you died, taking an area of 50 square meters with you.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:48:50 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Quote from: Bob
Tie my shoes.
6: A Power-Rangers style explosion just happened. Power Rangers because it was very far away from you. Somehow, sparks are coming out of your shoes accompanied by some weird sound effect. Well, at least they are tied, even if slightly burnt.
5: You tie your shoes so well those are the shoes that shall pierce the heavens with lame references from good anime!
4: You tie your shoes.
3: Your shoes are kind of tied. Does not look too good.
2: You fail at tying your shoes. HURR DURRR!
1: An explosion! Coming from your shoes. They just exploded in your face and you died, taking an area of 50 square meters with you.

Now let us apply that to Sky Tower:

6: You heal yourself so well that your HP wraps around into the negatives. You die.
5: An extraordinary excellent healing. You practically (not to mention actually) glow with health.
4: A normal lucid healing.
3: You heal as well as a normal human does. Over a week. In six seconds.
2: You heal as well as a normal human does, meaning you're still bleeding and that hole in your guts is still bleeding and ohmygoshwhyareyouturningpale
1: You regain 14i HP and blast off into the imaginary plane, never to be seen again.

... Sounds fun! :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

On an unrelated topic, if I could draw consistently I'd totally make a suggestion game with the characters being superheroes based on actual RTD players who would fight against the evil GMs who plot any conceivable kind of evil, just because they can.

The main characters:
-Derm, the RTDestroyer. The name says it already really.
-Taric, aka Captain "Yea I defeated an army by psychically wanking at them". I was going to call him Captain "Stop bringing that up all the time" but DigitalHellhound pointed out that the concept of shame is unknown to him.
-A third player of a similar caliber. Don't know who that would be really.

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does that mean you like Sprite? :o

Skyrunner, Sky Towe- Oh wait. Are our characters walking around your house?
I was actually about to say Sky Tower seems deadly as it is right now, but more risk is kind of welcome. Or not.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:33:21 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your approval fills me with shame glee.

Anyways, I have this idea for an RTD in a literally mundane, contemporary setting. No rockets and lasers, no warlocks and elder terrors.
"But that sounds boring!" I hear you shout. Or maybe it's just the voices in my head.
But the catch is, the players' actions can change that. If they roll incredibly high (or low), they will affect the setting. That can range from "the political outlook of your neighbourhood has become more liberal" all the way to accidentally summoning an eldritch horror because the book you were reading aloud had a critical typo. Maybe one of the characters has had so much exercise during the game that their strength reaches olympic levels. Or the failure at the nuclear power plant has turned the surrounding area into a wasteland, nearly devoid of life. Or the dice rolls are all mediocre, and business as usual. But that would be boring.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or the dice rolls are all mediocre, and business as usual. But that would be boring.
That would not happen. The ways of the RNG are mysterious, but they almost always end up with the players being screwed one way or another.
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Not an idea for a game, but for a setting.

The original idea was to have a Godhoodgame were every player represented the idea of a certain dead forum thread. It somehow got intermingled with Roll to underworld however.
The following post has nothing to do with the above quote.

Roll to exist. An rtd based solely one the following words:Cogito ergo sum.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Making the game boring is also a way of screwing things up, mind you. I wouldn't let it past the RNG to be that kind of a dick.

Of course, failures and successes would be context sensitive (so a critical failure on tying your shoes would result on the lace being torn, while the exact same roll on disabling a bomb...).
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 661