Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729621 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Hmm, communist Yoshi in a corset... That gives me a bit of a plot twist of a speedo related idea.

edit: on a slightly different note, I think when I have completed my current rtds in ooh about a year's time, I totally have to either do another totally awesome idea of an rtd, or Roll to Shaman.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:17:04 pm by lawastooshort »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

edit: on a slightly different note, I think when I have completed my current rtds in ooh about a year's time, I totally have to either do another totally awesome idea of an rtd, or Roll to Shaman.
IT'S BEAR TIME!
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

RE: Murder Mystery- what's the motivation for the players? Why, exactly, are they murdering? Do they do it for the sake of murdering, or do they get points/money, or is murdering merely the easiest method of achieving a desired end (an end that does not necessarily require murder?) The answer to that will probably heavily inform the design of this game.

As for the identification problems, what if the turns were secret? Basically, the murder phase (be it one turn or many turns) would take place solely via PM. Either the audience is completely unaware of what is happening, or they are only aware of certain things- if the setting was a museum the player(s) are robbing, for example, the audience might be observing the security system. They can see what the cameras see, and know what the motion sensors tell them, but there are places they cannot directly observe (these places being ideal for actual murder.)

The accusation phase is public, where everyone tells what happened to them in the night (or lie like hell, to obfuscate their wrongdoings.) If a player is arrested (after receiving a certain number of accusations from other players / the audience) they are removed from play. Play ends when all guilty or all innocent parties are removed from the location, at which point identities are revealed, winners declared, new round begins with shuffled roles.

Why yes, I own a copy of the board game Clue: Museum Caper, why do you ask?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Pre-in for the mystery game.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Can't you hear the beating?
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks

Hello Everyone! I have an idea for an RTD I would like to run with you guys:

Four robots awaken in the bottom tiers of a large complex, each of them fitted with a screw at the bottom instead of legs. They will have the chance to screw into larger mechs and use them to get through the complex. Combat will be a thing, along with some stats and items along with the "mech" system.

Basically, a bunch of house sized robots try to survive deadly trials and puzzling obstacles.

Eh, sorry for bad first post.

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Hello Everyone! I have an idea for an RTD I would like to run with you guys:

Four robots awaken in the bottom tiers of a large complex, each of them fitted with a screw at the bottom instead of legs. They will have the chance to screw into larger mechs and use them to get through the complex. Combat will be a thing, along with some stats and items along with the "mech" system.

Basically, a bunch of house sized robots try to survive deadly trials and puzzling obstacles.

Eh, sorry for bad first post.

Welcome to Bay12 Dexexe! Thats no bad post as it carries ideas with it.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unrelated, but might you be the Dexexe1234 of the MSPA forums? If so, be even more welcome, you have such great adventures-slash-games.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks

@Tiruin Oh good! Guess that wasn't wasted.

@Digital: Yes, that is me. I have a link to my website in my signature where I have my stuff right now.

But yeah the idea is of the basic rolls determining how well you perform your actions, with stats modifying the outcome. Also thinking about using a D20 instead of a D6.

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dexexe is here? Oh man, I'm one of your secret fans. I'd be interested in any RTD you ran.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Dexexe is here? Oh man, I'm one of your secret fans. I'd be interested in any RTD you ran.

2 Pre-ins already?  ;)

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks

Weird, I have so many secret fans, but none that bothers with any donations or commissions. I am a poor man with a ton of interest! Anyways, gotta try and get my work PC going again, its been on the fritz lately, sorry for offtopic stupidity everyone.

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I told him people would line up right from the get go.
He was skeptical. :3

How's this mecha RTD gonna work, whats the system your using look like?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am also a poor man who would love to commission but cannot. Anyway, yeah, the system could be interesting - in my RTD I have it set up so that one of the character types can swap a bunch of different items into a "transformation slot" which changes their abilities. Maybe something like that?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no idea who you are, but welcome to Bay12 and your idea sounds interesting.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been thinking back to my Awakening Titans idea. Elaborating on that, how would an RTD/forum game sound where the players were cosmic beings from beyond morality and the dawn of time, including eldritch horrors from the Abyss that connects all worlds, primordial titans only now awakening to a world of man, children of the stars, looking to regain their ancestral birthplace, or ever-hungry entities transcending understanding, somehow trapped by mere mortals and bound into a shell, forced to combat the pitiful mind of its host while spreading its influence. How will humanity fare in a world where gods walk the earth?

All these would have their unique advantages and disadvantages and some customization. For example, where a Titan awakens decides its form - a mountain as a body would be tough to break by anything, a volcano could be harnessed for great power, and a city filled with mortals might offer more... unique benefits. It would be more fun in the modern times - gives time for ancient mortal conspiracies to form and form rivalries, and offers mortals a fighting chance aside from heroes chosen by the gods. A barrage of nukes might make even an ancient horror from beyond time think twice about its approach.

I was also thinking of making some players humans, or more precisely leaders of powerful human organizations/conspiracies. But that might just get too micromanagey and require at the very least two threads.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 661