Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729877 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #3855 on: March 25, 2012, 04:36:05 pm »

Request: Could anyone set up the RTD FAQ? Specifically what die is for? d6, d10 and d20 are the common ones I've heard, to help those new to RTDs.
I really need to get on this. :-\
I a doing the FAQ. It is me.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: March 25, 2012, 06:06:55 pm »

Request: Could anyone set up the RTD FAQ? Specifically what die is for? d6, d10 and d20 are the common ones I've heard, to help those new to RTDs.
I really need to get on this. :-\
I a doing the FAQ. It is me.
FAQ cage match go.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: March 25, 2012, 06:11:04 pm »

Spoiler: Spam Army (click to show/hide)
Mind if I take that? I've always loved traps, never able to do something like this though.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: March 26, 2012, 03:56:41 pm »

Spoiler: Spam Army (click to show/hide)
Mind if I take that? I've always loved traps, never able to do something like this though.
Take it! This thread is like an infinite-and free-buffet! Take what you want!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: March 26, 2012, 04:06:54 pm »

Yes, let us all become bloated on the all-you-can-eat smorgasbord of ideas that is this thread. Roll to Eat More Than Anyone Should!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: March 26, 2012, 04:29:44 pm »

Yes, let us all become bloated on the all-you-can-eat smorgasbord of ideas that is this thread. Roll to Eat More Than Anyone Should!
This has inspired me with a cross between Kirby, Katamari Damacy, and Hungry Hungry Hippos. Players are Kirbylike blobs hoping to devour everything, especially one another, and so must run around gobbling things up. But in addition to some sort of overall mass or size, players have to pay attention to what their consumables do to them- eating a lot of tanks will make one somewhat tanklike, eating a lot of concrete will make them concretelike, and so on. Players have to balance between stuffing their faces full of anything they can find and absorbing the things they need to become more effective, both in general and against their rivals.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: March 26, 2012, 04:30:59 pm »

That sounds just crazy enough to work in the hands of someone skilled in the silly. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3862 on: March 26, 2012, 04:39:11 pm »

That sounds fun too o_O

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: March 26, 2012, 04:41:07 pm »

...WHAT HAVE I DONE

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3864 on: March 26, 2012, 04:41:51 pm »

I don't think I'm skilled enough to be that silly ...()

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: March 26, 2012, 04:42:06 pm »

That DOES sound awesome.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: March 26, 2012, 04:49:50 pm »

I was working in the School of Badass subjects sheet and then it ocurred me that aside from "classic" subjects such as Stealth, Fencing and Marksmanship, I needed something over the top.

So it ocurred to me the "Impossibly Cool" subject (as I said, this setting is supposed to be lighthearted). Which would work mostly to teach over-the-top "specials" for classes that do not use magic. For example, a pirate can shoot you with a blunderbuss and slash your face with a cutlass. So a pirate with enough "Impossibly Cool" experience plus other different classes, could call upon a shower of cannon fire from 19th century ships out of nowhere. Alternatively, he could summon the Flying Dutchman (guns blazing) or the Kraken into the battlefield.

I mean, it could be a way of allowing other classes aside from summoners and wizards to do horribly flashy stuff.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: March 26, 2012, 04:51:20 pm »

Alternatively, that could just be the high-end result of every non-flashy discipline.

Or the default results, for that matter. This is more or less Shonen RTD to begin with, right?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: March 26, 2012, 04:56:06 pm »

Or the default results, for that matter. This is more or less Shonen RTD to begin with, right?

Yeah, as I was reading his post I imagined a pirate doing hand signs and shouting "19TH CENTURY CANNON FIRE NO JUTSU".

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: March 26, 2012, 05:18:09 pm »

Yah, I know, the more I delve into this, it just gets more ridiculous.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 661