Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729455 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2580 on: November 30, 2011, 07:03:16 am »

Demon RTD sounds great, I'd be up for that in a heartbeat.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: November 30, 2011, 07:22:29 am »

so... like Roll to be a Dungeon Keeper?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: November 30, 2011, 03:07:03 pm »

It's been done at least twice (first by Sensei, second by... TolyK?), but died both times.
... maybe? I'm not rly sure
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: November 30, 2011, 04:11:20 pm »

Can I become the most powerful bureaucrat in Hell and strangle all with my mighty red tape whip and impale on cheap (Infernal) Ball-Point Pens. And wear a tie always, even on casual fridays?
Raggle Fraggle

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: November 30, 2011, 04:29:07 pm »

Sure. Just make sure that you put skills in Infernal Bureaucracy

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: November 30, 2011, 05:36:04 pm »

Hm. Sounds like there's a lot of enthusiasm for those two. Maybe I should begin trying to figure out the specifics.

so... like Roll to be a Dungeon Keeper?
Not exactly, though that could be cool also. You'd have a much longer reach and less secure home, nor would you have any preset minion types. It'd also be larger in scale, handling armies of units and not just individuals.

Can I become the most powerful bureaucrat in Hell and strangle all with my mighty red tape whip and impale on cheap (Infernal) Ball-Point Pens. And wear a tie always, even on casual fridays?
I would generally try to keep the game more serious than that, but players and dice can result in some very strange things.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: November 30, 2011, 06:28:03 pm »

I haven't actually played dungeon keeper, but I HAVE read Dungeon Keeper Ami. No knowledge on either series but it was (and is continuing to be) an excellent read.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: November 30, 2011, 06:33:17 pm »

A fellow student has been playing DK 2 during class yesterday. Was kinda amusing.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: November 30, 2011, 06:34:11 pm »

Can I please IN just in case someone starts the RTD?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: November 30, 2011, 06:40:53 pm »

I haven't actually played dungeon keeper, but I HAVE read Dungeon Keeper Ami. No knowledge on either series but it was (and is continuing to be) an excellent read.
...what the fuck am I reading? Why did you do this to me, derm?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: November 30, 2011, 06:42:02 pm »

hehehe...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: November 30, 2011, 06:43:24 pm »

Is this a...Dungeon Keeper-Sailor Moon crossover? I'm not going to read it, period.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: November 30, 2011, 06:46:19 pm »

*Shrug*

Honestly it's much less... uh, that show like than it sounds.

Give it a few chapters, 's interesting.

Also only read the ones written by Pusakuronu. The site is one of those branching storyline things and the others are basically really bad, and also completely dead.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: November 30, 2011, 06:46:50 pm »

Oh. And here is another idea that was bouncing around in my head, I need to flesh out the other two nations and some of the minor powers a bit more, Also I need to finish up on the classes.

Roll to Dieselpunk

Theocracy of Elleyon

The largest nation geographically in Valis it extends to the central Valis Mountains to the west and to the east it has a uninterrupted coastline with the Eastern sea. It extends northward to the Urcian Mts to the south is the Jiria Desert and then has small missionary outposts throughout the world.  It is divided into Thirteen provinces with atleast one major city in each. The Capital resides in the centermost province of Siechland with the city itself being Sieylon, Named after the first hero of Elleyon, Siegfried.

Elleyon is ruled by the Chosen Cardinal who resides in Siechland. The other tweve are ruled by one of the Grand Cardinals. There is also a Grand Senate made mostly up of people of the Church with few prominent noblemen. The current Chosen is Cardinal Urthrop XXI. There is a marked change in the policy Urthrop from his predecessor, The Red Priest, Vult. Wheras Vult had readily used the military resources of Elleyon Urthrop atleast on the grand scale is being more careful with his power and his relations with the Senate although there has been reports of multiple Inquisitorial and Crusader sorties into the neighboring Jiria desert and former Satilite-State of Wul. Most Nations are careful in there dealings around Elleyon and regarding the Church of Elli out of fear of a possible Crusade but now some are more openly against the church.

Republic of Wul- Formerly and unofficialled called the 14th Province, it is one of the youngest nations on the continent,  It is run by the  charismatic Chancellor Blackthorne. It is well known for its experimental research with the Magister Stones. It is to the west of Elleyon and resides mostly on the Jehrian Plains and has a few ports on Callers Bay to the North.  It is rather prosperous mostly due to its location and history it does have a higher amount of Magister Stones within its borders than some other nations. And resulting in some strange vehicular designs coming out of Wul

Chandlerian Homestate- The Land locked nation to the north of Elleyon it rests mostly on the Urcian Mts. And the stepes around it.  They are very high on material for waging war but not much else so more than once in the past it has declared war in order to keep itself fed. Otherwise the landlocked nation is rather mysterious and xenophobic, Its borders watched carefully with their characteristic Super-Heavy Tanks

Magister Stones- The lifeblood of most everything. It is the natural channel used to bring Magic from the Ether into the material world. This makes it prized by most nations as a energy source it is even more rare than oil in this world and mining and processing it is a even more demanding process. Now in the search for more nations are sending agents to search and fight in the lawless wastes on the Jiria Desert.

The Jiria Desert The one place where War is more of a constant than in the ​Chandlerian Homestate, It’s just the way things are. Wetther it be between roving tribal nomads or exiled generals conflict is something that is regular there, The most notable being Elleyon’s Crusade on the Orcish Clans. It left the Orc people devastated and seeing a group of Orcs is a rare site now.  Also important in Jiria is the "Grand City of Cargo" or Cago. Named quite aptly because many smugglers, slavers and "Legitimate Buissness men" make their base of operations there for the Eastern Sea and to send convoys through Jiria to minor nations republics like Callia. But the only reason the big Trio cares about Jiria is that within the dunes is what makes the world go round. There are petrol fields that dot the peremeter areas of the Jiria but most importantly in the inner, much more dangerous part of the shifting sands lie the larger Magite deposits outside of Wul. This is what sends men, mercenaries and adventures into Jaria, to control the raw Magister Stone, The balancing force between the three powers and if the scales were tipped too far in the favor of one, then conflict as a whole may change.

System Info.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Things look good?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:14:42 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: December 01, 2011, 10:40:10 am »

So here's what's gonna change in the new RTS

Spoiler: First, the Char sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Next, combat. (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 661