Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729457 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1845 on: November 07, 2011, 01:54:25 pm »

Well, lawa's system seems pretty good, so unless anyone has a suggestion of their own, we oughta get started. If that wasn't clear yet, I'm signing up as a GM, right after Gatleos unless someone else wants that spot?
Wait, what? I'm GMing now? I suppose I could start it off and write the "pilot episode". Is anybody up to indexing each GM's turn with a link in the OP?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: November 07, 2011, 02:00:13 pm »

Oh, you're not? I assumed you were - this was your idea, after all.

I can do that, if nobody else volunteers. What would I need to include in the starting post and is the name of the thread going to be Endless RTD?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1847 on: November 07, 2011, 02:13:50 pm »

Nah, I can start it. I'll create the thread and update the OP when needed.

So, have we thought of a premise? Maybe I could think one up from the vague character bios that the initial players come up with?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: November 07, 2011, 02:19:45 pm »

We're the power rangers in all but name. five man band of crime fighters or something.

From what I remember this means we get giant combining robots too.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 07, 2011, 02:21:27 pm »

If we're going full rangers, then yeah. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: November 07, 2011, 02:23:10 pm »

Oh, alright, I was already creating the topic.

Okay, so we've got six people Walking the Earth, fighting Monsters of the Week while a Myth Arc develops in the background. I'm still sticking to my Mad Science! angle which fits in with most settings after a fantasy tech level, but that doesn't need to be the main theme, just mine. Building parts around character bios sounds alright.

Wait, we're power rangers now? I thought we were doing the above. Superhero team could be fun as well, as long as people wouldn't fully copy the Power Rangers.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 07, 2011, 02:25:11 pm »

I have no idea what the hell is going on. People were talking about power rangers and the thread kinda blurs after that.

I think we agreed on the Walking the Earth thing though. That sounds about right.

Goddammit can someone comb through the last couple of pages and find out exactly what happened here?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: November 07, 2011, 02:26:15 pm »

I have no idea what the hell is going on. People were talking about power rangers and the thread kinda blurs after that.

I think someone else was going to make a Power Rangers RTD after someone suggested superpowered team? I dunno. 'Tis thread moves so fast sometimes.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 07, 2011, 02:30:36 pm »

Okay, I looked back and apparently Irony, Digital and Gat are all simultaneously writing an Eternal RTD opener, which is really confusing.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: November 07, 2011, 02:32:35 pm »

Irony? What? Since when has he been involved in this?

And I didn't get further than the title before I saw Gatleos' post, so.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 07, 2011, 02:32:40 pm »

I think the problem stems from the fact Irony suggested doing MMPR and someone else assumed he meant he was doing it as the Endless RTD.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1856 on: November 07, 2011, 02:33:29 pm »

You are now a team of crack mercenaries killing people and doing awesome things. In other words, roll to A-Team. No wait, scratch that. The A-Team thing is just how I'm starting it out; you can take it any direction you want after that. Giant robots included... maybe they get sent into the future and Howling Mad Murdock pilots a Gundam or some shit I DON'T KNOW

Sound good for a vague premise?
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: November 07, 2011, 02:33:40 pm »

In fact, I guess I'll just ask now: Is there any interest in me starting up Eternal RTD, using Power Rangers as a baseline (or either one on its own, for that matter)? Anything else you'd prefer/not prefer/like to say?

Followed by multiple posts of 'DO EET'

Goddamnit we need to get our shit together.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 07, 2011, 02:36:04 pm »

Goddamnit we need to get our shit together.

True.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 07, 2011, 02:38:50 pm »

Augh. Okay. Is Irony here? What's he doing? We need to get everyone who's involved with the opener here for like ten minutes and come to some sort of conclusion.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 661