Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 730361 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1275 on: August 10, 2011, 08:54:13 pm »

Im thinking of running an RTD, any suggestions for the theme? Im kinda out of idea's :P
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 10, 2011, 09:33:40 pm »

Revive an old one that you never finished.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 10, 2011, 09:35:27 pm »

Revive an old one that you never finished.
I prefer to make new idea's, because the main reason I don't finish my RTD's is because it seems like a good idea at the time but doesn't end up being fun for me to GM.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 10, 2011, 09:36:52 pm »

Roll to dodge a song sounded interesting a page or so back, but if you don't want to do that then perhaps a wizard war or something? I've had an idea for a wizard war game but no idea how to mechanize it so that it can be played.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 10, 2011, 09:38:52 pm »

Roll to dodge a song sounded interesting a page or so back, but if you don't want to do that then perhaps a wizard war or something? I've had an idea for a wizard war game but no idea how to mechanize it so that it can be played.
I love the idea of Roll to Dodge a Song, the only problem is i'd rather be a player in that game. Im not really a big fan of wizard like fantasy, I may end up doing something along the lines of a Modern Fantasy. Probally because I miss the Magical Creature Take Down Squad RP :P
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 10, 2011, 09:54:20 pm »

How about fantasy elements in a modern world? Like magic in a city with sky scrapers and such.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 10, 2011, 09:55:28 pm »

How about fantasy elements in a modern world? Like magic in a city with sky scrapers and such.
Sorta like a magitech game, then?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 10, 2011, 09:58:01 pm »

Thats pretty much what Magical Creature Take Down Squad was.

Anyways, my new idea is that the six player's are a new group of Magical Creature Hunters. Ever since an old group started the buisness, many people got interested in the job. Generally the player's can be anything that is human and logical, for example in the freeform rp we had a necromancer, some mercanaries, a priest, and a few other fun characters.

The new group will have to rise up in the ranks, but first they have to do all of the crappy jobs no other group wants to do. During which they'll meet up with the old squad, and insane events will ensue.
Welcome to Reality.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 11, 2011, 07:08:13 am »

Hm. Sounds good, very good.

A continuation of the dangling plot threads from the original Anything Can Happen would also be awesome, possibly explaining the nature of this Pvt/Sgt. Frost and what his deal is. That never got properly solved, really.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 12, 2011, 07:26:17 pm »

Does anybody else prefer short and simple games over long and elaborate ones? I'd rather play/watch a game that gets straight to the point - A la "Roll, explain effect, finish" rather than "Flavor, Roll, Flavor flavor flavor flavor explain effect flavor flavor".

Turns come by faster, and in general, easier to read. Don't get me wrong, I love reading a good story, but too much "Flavor" gets really annoying. I'll probably be alone on this one, but whatever. Oh, and as a final note, it's nice to know a bit of what and how your roll took effect, but it doesn't need to be a bloody story.

"(5) The blade whistles out, dealing (4+1=5) damage."

Rather than

"Preparing himself, Grimlock lashes out with his saber! (5) The blade whistles in a beautiful arc, glinting like a sparkly vampire in the sun. Grimlock manages to control the strike, dealing (4+1=5) damage. His foe had no chance to react, and his chest was ripped open! Three hearts and some lungs fall out. Grimlock grimaces grimly, and cleans his blade, preparing for another battle."

Or, maybe I'm just a really bad story teller. Either or...

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 12, 2011, 07:28:18 pm »

I like flavor, but simple ones are fun too.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 12, 2011, 07:30:03 pm »

Im pretty sure my RTD RTBAFMCTDS has the longest abbreviation in RTD history. So yeah.
Welcome to Reality.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 12, 2011, 07:31:17 pm »

RTFAPW isn't as long, but does have a dirty word.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 12, 2011, 07:32:50 pm »

Im pretty sure my RTD RTBAFMCTDS has the longest abbreviation in RTD history. So yeah.

"Remembering Terrible Beavers After Making Cake That Doesn't Smell"

? Dirty enough, no.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 12, 2011, 10:34:55 pm »

Does anybody else prefer short and simple games over long and elaborate ones? I'd rather play/watch a game that gets straight to the point - A la "Roll, explain effect, finish" rather than "Flavor, Roll, Flavor flavor flavor flavor explain effect flavor flavor".
As a player, I prefer more fancy stuff. It keeps me entertained longer.

As a GM, I would like to make more fancy stuff, but I just lack the ability to do so.

Turns come by faster, and in general, easier to read.
Turns come by faster: Not necessarily. Maybe a few hours saved, at best. As far as I can tell, most of the time between turns is waiting for players, waiting for a time when the GM wants to update, or waiting for a time when the GM can update.

Easier to read: Definitely. But also more boring in a way.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 661