Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 730428 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1185 on: July 23, 2011, 07:45:26 pm »

Garland.
Sarda help you if nobody picks Sara and decides to help you.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 23, 2011, 07:46:51 pm »

I will own all of your contracts, and your souls, and your money, and your dignity............except yours black mage, you never had any to begin with but I own any you might someday in the future gain.

Garland has shown bits of evil genius at times, like the amnesia cookies, it's just really really really really really(I think you get the point) rare.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 23, 2011, 07:53:14 pm »

What amnesia cookies?

:?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 23, 2011, 07:56:34 pm »

Exactly

Edit:I'm sorry, it was Tacos with Amnesia Peppers, I just checked the page to see if I had gotten it correct
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 08:38:14 pm by KaguroDraven »
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 23, 2011, 08:41:41 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 23, 2011, 08:43:10 pm »

I reserve Warrior
You mean Fighter.
Its been a while since I played he earlier FFs, so thanks for fixing that.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 24, 2011, 07:43:36 am »

Does anyone here know Fate/Stay Night? I would love a Holy Grail War RTD... That being said, I dont want to make it myself for two reasons. A) I want to participate. B) My current RTDs are on the verge of dying die to my own lack of updating, I couldn't handle another.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 25, 2011, 08:06:15 pm »

Anyone interested in running a Roll to Dodge a Song? I'm thinking of doing one myself when I'm through with my current ones (there's so many RTDs that I would like to run. Probably best I don't until I've got none to write and actually put some thought behind the concepts >.>), but I wanna play one as well as host one. :P Anyway, I was thinking to make this one a little different (and the route I was thinking of taking myself) is the characters and abilities would still be decided by the song the player chose, but instead of the goal also being randomly generated it would be more like a standard game where the party is working together, or something like that.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 25, 2011, 08:19:51 pm »

Roll to Dodge a Song?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 25, 2011, 08:21:20 pm »

Basically put, a few people sign up with just the character name and a link to a song on YouTube. The GM listens to it and gens a character from it for the player to use in the game. ^^ The concept's popped up a few times on the board but usually seems to die quickly. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 25, 2011, 08:21:43 pm »

I'd play that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 25, 2011, 08:22:50 pm »

That's where the players choose a song and the GM chooses their abilities based off of that. Then its a regular RTD.

I always enjoy things like that.

Ninja'd

Edit: If someone makes one I call a spot.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 08:26:01 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 25, 2011, 09:05:12 pm »

One of the issues with Roll to Dodge a Song is that being attrition-heavy is kind of the point. Half the fun is seeing what your song creates, which also doesn't mean your character is necessarily something you want to play for long. I suspect that might have something to do with their apparent tendency to die.

That would also make a more focused game somewhat problematic, since it's either Revolving Door Adventuring Party the RTD, or Get Random Character the RTD. Maybe you could figure out a way to make the players more cooperative while still killing them off and/or allowing them to complete their goals and retire with reasonable frequency.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 25, 2011, 09:13:50 pm »

Hmm. Good point, Irony. Well, even if it wouldn't work for a 'long' game like Z&D, D22, OotK, or Cv, I'd still like to play one. :P
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 661