Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 730507 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1095 on: July 06, 2011, 05:15:50 am »

I agree, it is quite common. High Fantasy, cliche, been done a lot before. It's just the easiest for me to flesh out. Working on the 2nd one now...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 06, 2011, 05:25:07 am »

Okay, now to say my replies.
@Tarran: I'm on my School Holidays at the moment, and I'm insane. I don't care how big of a workload it is, I'm gunna do it.

@Adwarf: I worked for about an hour on that. (:O Such amazing work!) I think it was an hour, atleast. It was a pretty simple concept.

And now.. what do you guys think of the story? This is one of the many I've thought up, the first I fleshed out. I will have some more, or I might just choose to use this one, depending on it's reception.

1 Hour ! HOW ? It took me 8 hours to make all the rules for Oblivion, and then 2 hours for the current lore I have worked out.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 06, 2011, 05:47:25 am »

Spoiler: Setting/Story #2 (click to show/hide)
Okay, I like this one slightly more than the other one, but it was pretty simple and couldn't elaborate, so it's shorter. Thoughts?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 06, 2011, 05:49:32 am »

Seems good I like this one better than the first one to.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 06, 2011, 09:46:44 am »

ya Talarion that's a great idea, but to make it work I'd think you'd want to make heavy usage of maps, so quests could be more player driven if they see a town about to get overrun type thing, otherwise it would get pretty boring having every battle be:  General "Ok you go here, do this and stab that guy now!"  Being all soldiers would kinda suck eventually too, unless you want to have medical based magic characters that can heal NPC allies, potion makers that could give allies bonuses, leader types that could get thier own mini-army eventually (including necromancers) and various other things like that.  I just get the feeling you would end up with insane amounts of rolls each turn, and having to railroad everyone all the time.
Nom nom nom

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 06, 2011, 09:48:26 am »

I plan on making maps, yes, and don't worry; variety will be abundant, and I have a plan to avoid making it into a game of 'General says...'

What more do you need?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 06, 2011, 10:09:33 am »

I have no life tahts all I have to say.
hahaha.
>:D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 06, 2011, 12:08:40 pm »

I have no life tahts all I have to say.
hahaha.
>:D
Silence Other Roman God Trapped in the Inter-Web !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 06, 2011, 12:41:40 pm »

Sorry about the double post, but what do you guys think of a Civilization/Colonization RTD ?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 06, 2011, 01:37:01 pm »

Tal, it sounds alright.

Sorry about the double post, but what do you guys think of a Civilization/Colonization RTD ?
That's hardly a game for an RTD.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 06, 2011, 01:40:05 pm »

Forum Game then ?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 06, 2011, 01:40:31 pm »

Well, Tarran, I have you a slot with your name on it In the RTD. ^^

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 06, 2011, 01:43:29 pm »

Forum Game then ?
Yeah, likely a better choice.

Well, Tarran, I have you a slot with your name on it In the RTD. ^^
Yay.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 06, 2011, 01:45:38 pm »

Well once I have the basic rules, and story wrote I will post it here for you guys to check out.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 06, 2011, 01:46:09 pm »

Just in case you didn't notice, go make your character. The actual RTD is up already.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 661