Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 730504 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1080 on: July 04, 2011, 08:45:06 pm »

Okay, almost done with the Wheel of Time game. Which is now a Forum game but i'll post here since there is no other place for me to show my ideas. I admit that I spent most of my time on the story of the game, and im currently working on the actual mechanics. Its going to be skill based without any classes or stats. Its going to take place at the time of the first and second books (I think, I have a bad memory of the timelines of the early books). The current backgrounds a character can choose from are Aiel, Borderlander, Cairhienin, Domani, Ebou Dari, Illianer, Midlander, Tar Valoner, Taraboner, and Tairen. For the people who haven't read any of the books (Shame on you!) i'll provide an explanation for each. Currently these are for flavor, but i'll add a few bonuses for each.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 04, 2011, 08:49:41 pm »

Ok definatly reserve me a spot.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 04, 2011, 08:56:38 pm »

Current list of skills.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Currently all player's start at 0 with every skill at character creation, then with the skill points they have they assign them to each skill. Depending on the background you pick you may get a few bonuses and penalties to each skill. An example being picking Aiel and getting a bonus to Spear and Unarmed combat, but a restriction to Bluffing and Disguise because it is against ji'e'toh (Basically a strict code of honor).

Also to encourage RP to more than just one post a turn, anything trivial like talking to an inkeeper, pulling out a sword, buying a drink, etc. Are considered a free action, you simply state that you think this is a free action and you can get a response from the GM at anytime. An example would be "Greet the newcomer" then I could respond later "Blah blah blah" and the turn wouldn't be over.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 04, 2011, 09:13:29 pm »

Definitely reserve me aswell.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 04, 2011, 11:32:47 pm »

To anyone who's interested in the Wheel of Time forumgame, the link is here. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88260.0
Welcome to Reality.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 06, 2011, 04:28:32 am »

Why.. just WHY, CRUEL MIND! Not too long after I shut down Incursion, I am cursed with another idea for an RTD... except this time, it has an actual system.

I'm not too sure about the setting yet, aside from Medieval Fantasy. I have the basic character sheet and system worked out for it, however.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stat System (click to show/hide)

Any thoughts so far? This is.. slightly based off Dwarmin's RTD and Draigneans. >.> People should be grateful I'm actually thinking of using a system for this one... I mean, I totally didn't use random rolls for my other RTDs. Totally not...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 06, 2011, 04:36:46 am »

Wow that is pretty amazing I want in !

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 06, 2011, 04:39:25 am »

You want in, just from the character system? This bolsters my confidence. I'm trying to think up a basic setting now. Just a note, like all my other RTDs this will be heavily RP influenced.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 06, 2011, 04:42:49 am »

You want in, just from the character system? This bolsters my confidence. I'm trying to think up a basic setting now. Just a note, like all my other RTDs this will be heavily RP influenced.
Yep that is some pretty amazing work, and looks intresting just from that, and yep all our RTDs are RP base which makes them that much more fun.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 06, 2011, 04:53:42 am »

Are you sure you want to start another? I mean, 3 RTDs are a huge workload, and it could become too much for you to handle.

However, it looks pretty okay, actually. If you would reserve me if you start it, I might join, since I wouldn't have to rush my character or--worse yet--use reserve posts, which I hate for some reason.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 06, 2011, 04:54:19 am »

adwarf, is there any RTD you're not in? You join every single one that's advertised in this thread. It's just kinda weird, y'know?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 06, 2011, 04:58:34 am »

I just noticed Adwarf has been in almost every single game i've run. WHAT IS THE MADNESS, WE MUST LYNCH THE WITCH.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 06, 2011, 04:59:13 am »

I have no life tahts all I have to say.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 06, 2011, 05:06:03 am »

Spoiler: Setting/Story (click to show/hide)
Okay, now to say my replies.
@Tarran: I'm on my School Holidays at the moment, and I'm insane. I don't care how big of a workload it is, I'm gunna do it.

@Adwarf: I worked for about an hour on that. (:O Such amazing work!) I think it was an hour, atleast. It was a pretty simple concept.

And now.. what do you guys think of the story? This is one of the many I've thought up, the first I fleshed out. I will have some more, or I might just choose to use this one, depending on it's reception.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 06, 2011, 05:13:54 am »

...Ehhh, it seems average to me, personally. Then again, it may also be due to me seeing so many medieval RTDs with a similar story anyway. The half-way part seems very, very similar to Irony's RTD, strangely.

I don't really care on the story, personally, so go ahead and start with it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 661