Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 730620 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #855 on: June 24, 2011, 12:12:35 pm »

Brown!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 24, 2011, 12:13:13 pm »

RED!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 24, 2011, 12:14:26 pm »

You can do that when I start it up. Right now I have no idea how it'll work, excepting combat as that'll be a D6 system.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 24, 2011, 12:16:41 pm »

How many players?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 24, 2011, 12:17:30 pm »

5-10. Even if it's a small group of players expect a LOT of death on both sides. LOTS!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 24, 2011, 12:18:48 pm »

Hmm. I want to join in that case... but Red or Brown, I can't decide.. or maybe Green.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 24, 2011, 12:25:31 pm »

I would have to say those are both really good ideas.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 24, 2011, 06:05:52 pm »

Well before I completely finish the ruleset for a ROTK RTD I decided to ask you guys if a Countries @ War Style RTD game is a good idea, or should I just make the rules for the Forum Games, and Roleplaying Section?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 24, 2011, 06:09:22 pm »

Let's see the rules first.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 24, 2011, 06:11:28 pm »

Well before I completely finish the ruleset for a ROTK RTD I decided to ask you guys if a Countries @ War Style RTD game is a good idea, or should I just make the rules for the Forum Games, and Roleplaying Section?
Make the rules for Forum Games. C@W is not a good game to make into a RTD-type game.

If it were more diplomacy oriented, however, it could be better fitted to an RTD-style game.

Yes, I still want a diplomacy game. If one doesn't pop up sometime, I'm gonna make one myself. :<
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 24, 2011, 06:12:13 pm »

As I recall, Countries at War collapsed due to overcomplexity. Multiple times.

Yes, I still want a diplomacy game. If one doesn't pop up sometime, I'm gonna make one myself. :<
What do you mean by diplomacy, exactly?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 24, 2011, 06:17:13 pm »

It will have diplomacy aspects to it if you chose to create your own faction otherwise you would have to becoem a high ranking officer in one of the other factions to be able to do any diplomacy. The game is heavily based on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series (I own 7, and 8, and have played 6-11) so it will be a little complex, but it should be simple enough if its the only RTD you are going to run.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 24, 2011, 06:18:10 pm »

As I recall, Countries at War collapsed due to overcomplexity. Multiple times.
You recall correctly.

What do you mean by diplomacy, exactly?
Shadow President type. AKA:
USA: Oh hi Iran I'll station five-million troops in Afghanista-
Iran: OH NO YOU DON'T *NUKE*
Everyone else around: WTF IRAN *Invade invade invade*
Some-other-country-around-there: USA? Would you please move away those troops?
USA: No.
Some-other-country-around-there: *Condemns actions of the USA*
USA: OH YOU BASTARD *Condemns actions of the other guy*
Russia: Oh I'm so glad we're out of the Cold War with those two maniacs going about.
China: Russia, since the USA is currently busy, we're coming to take your stuffs.
Russia: Shit.

Just a simplified and silly example, but you get my idea, right?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 24, 2011, 06:20:56 pm »

After playing the zombie roguelike Cataclysm, I kinda want to do a system similar to that game. One of the things I really want to add is Morale, a players Morale starts at a certain rate and slightly goes down whenever the player is moving around, doing something, etc. Morale can be restored by doing something that makes you happy, winning a big battle, or like in the game Drugs! Drugs will be included but using them has some drawbacks obviously. Using a stimulant type drug would make you go faster, and react quicker. But you can get addicted to it, and after the effects wear off you'll be extremely tired an suffer a penalty. Any suggestions?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 24, 2011, 06:44:00 pm »

I am still working out the rest of it but this is what I have so far.

ROTK RTD -

The Yellow Turban Rebellion -
A Chinese Three Kingdoms era decorated brick taken from the wall of an underground tomb, with miniature paintings depicting people in domestic scenesThe power of the Eastern Han Dynasty went into depression and steadily declined after the reign of Emperor He from a variety of political and economic problems. A series of Han emperors ascended the throne while still youths, and de facto imperial power often rested with the emperors' older relatives. As these relatives occasionally were loath to give up their influence, emperors would, upon reaching maturity, be forced to rely on political alliances with senior officials and eunuchs to achieve control of the government. Political posturing and infighting between imperial relatives and eunuch officials was a constant problem in Chinese government at the time. During the reigns of Emperor Huan and Emperor Ling, leading officials' dissatisfaction with the eunuchs' usurpations of power reached a peak, and many began to openly protest against them. The first and second protests met with failure, and the court eunuchs persuaded the emperor to execute many of the protesting scholars. Some local rulers seized the opportunity to exert despotic control over their lands and citizens, since many feared to speak out in the oppressive political climate. Emperors Huan and Ling's reigns were recorded as particularly dark periods of Han Dynasty rule. In addition to political oppression and mismanagement, China experienced a number of natural disasters during this period, and local rebellions sprung up throughout the country.

In the second month of 184, Zhang Jiao, leader of the Way of Supreme Peace, a Taoist movement, along with his two brothers Zhang Liang and Zhang Bao, led the movement's followers in a rebellion against the government that was called the Yellow Turban Rebellion. Their movement quickly attracted followers and soon numbered several hundred thousands and received support from many parts of China. They had 36 bases throughout China, with large bases having 10,000 or more followers and minor bases having 6,000 to 7,000, similar to Han armies. Their motto was:

"The firmament has perished, the Yellow Sky will soon rise; in this year of jiazi, let there be prosperity in the world!"

Emperor Ling dispatched generals Huangfu Song, Lu Zhi, and Zhu Jun to lead the Han armies against the rebels, and decreed that local governments had to supply soldiers to assist in their efforts. You are the leaders of small groups of voulunteer soldiers who have decided to join one of the two sides, and help them win the war.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Factions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Forces (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 661