Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 728426 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #555 on: June 13, 2011, 06:00:11 pm »

Well I would quess that players would cycle through quite quickly about 15 players every six to eight turns.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 13, 2011, 06:01:25 pm »

With 4 players, its a good game, man!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 13, 2011, 06:14:16 pm »

Heheh.

So, I'd suggest to start with character creation, of course.

Mainly color, equipment (either normal mage or ragged mage), and stats.
As stats I's say Strength, Agility, and Magick would be good.

Strength manages melee damage and defense, Agility is for hitting, evading and sneaking, and Magick is like Strength but for spells.

Stat distribution would be on a point-by-point distribution. First statpoint costs 1, and every other point would cost one more than the one before.
One could buy points for 15, so either 1-2-4 for a min-maxed caster or 3-3-2 for a more balanced fighter.

Then, there's the rolling system.
Success depends on a spell's complexity. A regular, singe cast spell would be easy to cast, so they'd only have to beat a 5 or so on a d10+magick stat for success.
A more complex spell, like conflagration (How the fuck do you even cast that shit?) would cause a huge modifier, and you'd have to beat, like, 15 or something to succeed.

Melee fighting would be an Agility-roll to see if you hit, and a Strength-roll for damage. Plus whatever weapon enchantments you have.

Sounds good so far.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 13, 2011, 06:27:56 pm »

water fire fire fire water fire fire water (Conflagration, pretty sure) That ones one of my easy ones.

and Oh my god is this actually happening? Hell yes!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 13, 2011, 06:31:02 pm »

So, we're combining Magika with the DnD DC thing and other assorted stats?
Sounds fun to watch (I'd join, but I haven't played it due to instacrash)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 13, 2011, 06:32:33 pm »

Calling a pre-emptive spot.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 13, 2011, 06:32:43 pm »

water fire fire fire water fire fire water (Conflagration, pretty sure) That ones one of my easy ones.

and Oh my god is this actually happening? Hell yes!
It isn't. The second water would override the second fire, and not the third.

Because seriously, I have still not figured out how to do it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 13, 2011, 06:34:49 pm »

No, the second water would make the third fire into steam. if it went before the third fire it would make the 2nd fire steam because there wouldn't be a third fire for it to go to.

another version, Fire water fire fire water fire fire water.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 13, 2011, 06:35:25 pm »

Imma checking that now.

Holy fuck my bother overwrote my save.

Gonna kill somebody now.

Well I'll eat a horse. You're right.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:40:28 pm by Darvi »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 13, 2011, 06:51:39 pm »

What IS your steam name, anyway? Perhaps we could blow each other up some time.

:D

:o

:-[

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 13, 2011, 07:48:52 pm »

Warning! Sudden Left Turn approaching!

Well I've been hammering my Wraith Ruleset, the character creation was meant for a true RPG, and one based a lot around personality and force of will, so it's pretty damn complex to convert to RTD. Most of it is being kept but some of it... Hell I've got no damn clue.

The roll system is based around D10s, which I can work with without a problem, but the rolling system itself is different. It relies on multiple dice being rolled for a single action, so instead of the standard roll 1d10+X where X is your skill and attribute bonus, the Wraith system is Xd10 Vs Y where X is  Skill/Knowledge/Ability+supporting Attribute and Y is a difficulty between 2 and 10.

I'm actually getting to like the system, but man... It's a new way of looking at the rules for most things.

All goes well I'll have it up tonight, still trying to figure out shadows...

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 13, 2011, 08:21:11 pm »

Magicka RTD... I think to makeit a bit longer to play as a single character, you should give a set amount of turns after death before a new player joins... Or make it switch every time there's a game over.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 14, 2011, 02:01:33 am »

Posting this here to preserve it so I can work on it tomorrow without having to remember which folder I stuck it in, and as a teaser trailer for my upcoming RTD.

That and so people can get ideas, and or faint at the character sheet if they so choose.

Out of the night that covers me,
black as the pit from pole to pole,
 I thank whatever gods may be,
 for my unconquerable soul.

You are marked for death, all of you. The story begins in the waning hours of your life, letting you watch as you succumb to death's embrace and cross to the other side. Still, perhaps you didn't go to church enough, maybe you ate pork on a friday, or maybe you just really didn't want to leave. For whatever reason you don't get to move on, not all the way. Heaven and Hell -or whatever regions of the hereafter are promised you by your religion- are denied you because of your uncertainty, your fear, and the things you've left behind.

You're dead, but you aren't ready die. Your lot is pain and struggle, perhaps redemption, and perhaps eternity among the shadows.

Still, even if you're going to die, you need to know how you lived... Let's get started with that shall we?

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 14, 2011, 02:03:29 am »

>.>

Calling a spot nao, if that's all right?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 14, 2011, 02:10:55 am »

>.>

Calling a spot nao, if that's all right?

Yeah, Tarran, Talarion, Taric, and Wolfchild got grandfathered in from Imperfect (Waited too long to revive it, so it's getting sent on a looooong vacation until I need it again), but I'm sure I could swing a fifth.
---
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 661