Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 730574 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #975 on: June 27, 2011, 11:26:59 am »

I had a problem with Railroading to, with my Roll to Escape the Internet RTD. I was so bad, when they were getting weapons from the armory for to long I literally told them to "Get out of there already!".
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 27, 2011, 11:28:50 am »

Not knowing anything about either the RTD or Geneforge, all I can say is that the creation system looks kind of complicated. It might have been better to knock it down to basing creations on a 1 through 10 system. I mean it's nice to plan for every eventuality, but I probably would have had something like: You're a level one shaper, so you can make these kinds of beasts. Using a generic skeleton as an example, I would have given it stats like 1/2/1/2 as a base, and then allow the mage to put in extra points based on his level so he can individualize his creations. Like dermonster might make his skeleton 2/2/1/2 and Irony could make his 1/2/1/3, that kind of thing. Just my opinion though, and as I said I have no familiarity with the source materials. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 27, 2011, 11:35:10 am »

With the source material, <2 Int was not controllable by you.
That could work in a way, though. I'll poke around with it. Definately easier to use than what I had,though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 27, 2011, 11:49:43 am »

HERE IT IS

Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roll table (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat and stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills and spells (click to show/hide)

Okay so what do you guys think so far? If you mostly like it, I'll get started on the sign-up sheet for when my forum is up.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:47:03 pm by freeformschooler »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 27, 2011, 11:53:15 am »

I never thought i'd see a serious Mario RTD, you sir have made my day.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 27, 2011, 11:56:15 am »

I like it :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 27, 2011, 01:42:04 pm »

Alright, updated the post with slightly better grammar and additional notes in the Skills & Spells section. Note that most of the starting abilities are not strictly "spells" -- they are rather more innate, but most of them are considered all the same (non-weapon-based for the purpose of weapon-based active ability bonuses). However, any ability or spell that is used at the same time as, in conjunction with or in addition to a regular melee attack is considered "weapon-based" for the purposes of these bonuses.

Anything that is actually a genuine "spell" is not innate, and almost always gained from items, such as a Spellbook.

I can't believe I came up with all these rules myself (except a few, such as I believe the Active/Passive ability seperation was stolen from Sean's even more truly incredible RTD :D)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:55:49 pm by freeformschooler »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 27, 2011, 01:51:01 pm »

I believe Multiworld Madness used the active/passive split first, but whatever. A curious RTD you've got there. I don't suppose jumping on the enemy's head will be the M.O. for players?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 27, 2011, 01:53:06 pm »

I don't suppose jumping on the enemy's head will be the M.O. for players?
Onl th e humans. And only if we don't have hammersuits.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 27, 2011, 01:53:54 pm »

I believe Multiworld Madness used the active/passive split first, but whatever. A curious RTD you've got there. I don't suppose jumping on the enemy's head will be the M.O. for players?

Sorry Sean. I hadn't kept track of Multiworld Madness! You are now officially given credit for the wonderful idea of the split. Shame on me.

Anyway, as far jumping on heads... it's the same as an unarmed attack. Remember the goomba partners from Paper Mario? In fact, for Bob-ombs and Goombas, other than tackling enemies it's the only melee attack they have!

Oh, unarmed attacks are by default crushing damage. I should put that in. Thanks for catching that.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 27, 2011, 01:55:09 pm »

SPIKY SHOOOOOOEEES.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 27, 2011, 01:55:32 pm »

Green koopa + throwing hammers = HAMMERTOSS OF DOOM! AKA Hammerbro.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 27, 2011, 01:57:34 pm »

I shall get a football helmet, and then the story about the Charlie who wanted to be a Bob can begin!

It doesn't end well.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 27, 2011, 01:59:11 pm »

SPIKY SHOOOOOOEEES.

Yeah, I'm... I'm gonna have to give all enemies like Spinies a passive ability that negates damage and causes 1 or 2 damage when successfully targeted by an unarmed attack.

Green koopa + throwing hammers = HAMMERTOSS OF DOOM! AKA Hammerbro.

Or just Hammersuit!

COME ON FORUM. My host is currently moving all servers to a new version of MySQL and PHP. It's gonna take a while.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:02:33 pm by freeformschooler »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 27, 2011, 02:00:46 pm »

2 damage, and they take none from the attack.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 661