Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 726782 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Oh, I nearly forgot my other idea. It's a sort-of Memento-RTD. You'll see why.

That's Not How It Happened: A Randomized Story Of Your Life!

I would definitely play that.
Same here.
Sounds like a novel idea. And I love novel ideas. :v

:P

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Psh, there's no pun there. You're telling tales!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I'd play.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I'd play too.

Speaking of memento, I'd like to see an Inception style RTD.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so. Need some help with the system I've come up with for truth rolls. Here's the rolls for the answer of "I was forced to dig my own grave by bandits and then shot in the back of the head." Would these suit it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Looks good to me.

Rolling a 4-6 at the start could lead your rtd in some pretty wacky directions but isnt that the point?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to make sure it stays within the realm of realism, though. It'd help not to complicate things. Though the format would lend itself excellently to a cosmic horor setup.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I'm going to make sure it stays within the realm of realism, though. It'd help not to complicate things. Though the format would lend itself excellently to a cosmic horor setup.
:D
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was thinking more along the lines of your trying to keep it in the realm of our physical reality and someone says they were escaping an "alien abduction"

As a gm you physically cannot prevent them doing this as people IRL believe this has hapenned to them so the character would be a drunk guy running from comicon chased by nerds dressed as roswell greys, a government abduction utilising hallucinagens gone wrong, or an actual alien abduction which could lead to an interplanetary adventure that ends/begins with the character being thrown into the ditch when the ship is torn in half mid flight after the cia hits it with a missile.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or I could just say "This is meant to be realistic, no aliens allowed."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The alien abduction is a starting scenario but does not explicitly imply real aliens, after all these "abductions" are  just attention seeking or hallucinations not extraterrestrial encounters.

The roll of 6 creates the weirdness by making them real, or you know.. mutants/deformed people.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Something about this conversation made me think of an alternate game where everyone is in a police holding cell in various ridiculous states of dress and whatnot, explaining how they got there. But the story doesn't unfold linearly either backward or forward, everyone is just explaining the story at various points as it comes up.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Something about this conversation made me think of an alternate game where everyone is in a police holding cell in various ridiculous states of dress and whatnot, explaining how they got there. But the story doesn't unfold linearly either backward or forward, everyone is just explaining the story at various points as it comes up.
That would make a great movie.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

It's probably been done before.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

It's probably been done before.

I think Gatleos suggested that as an RTD a while back
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 661