Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729253 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:07:49 pm by penguinofhonor »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I would totally play that. Also, I feel you need to implement redshirts into the game somehow. Like, maybe every time an attack or something is made, it gets rolled against them first and, if it takes them out, the main character it was targeting is unharmed, whereas, if it doesn't, it's rolled against the main character it originally targeted. Or maybe everyone can be redshirts.

Everyone could have a number of redshirts based on their character's experience/rank/level, and they take all the hits in amusingly horrifying ways. But the redshirts can't actually do anything else except watch whilst the captain seduces an alien.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

You know, I just realized I have no knowledge of typical whaler slang or stereotypes whatsoever.

Y'know, in case people would still like a space whaler RTD, rather than the random mutation RTD.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

You know, I just realized I have no knowledge of typical whaler slang or stereotypes whatsoever.

Y'know, in case people would still like a space whaler RTD, rather than the random mutation RTD.

Read Moby Dick and you'll be golden. Provided you can stomach it, of course. And space whalers is still a more awesome idea than random mutations.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm fairly sure I got it on a shelf here somewhere...

Though I probably should find it in English if I want to use it as a reference, huh...

* Sean Mirrsen goes off to google.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I completely agree with Harry baldman about the space whaler being cooler. However, I'd play either RTD.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

I'm fairly sure I got it on a shelf here somewhere...

Though I probably should find it in English if I want to use it as a reference, huh...

* Sean Mirrsen goes off to google.

You could make up some background about Russians forming the backbone of the space whaling industry at some point in the past for some reason, which wouldn't be completely unbelievable. And then you could use Russian terms for everything space whale-related due to similar reasons as we've got French, Latin and English terms for other things.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Got it.

Let's be welsh.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Ever since the development of (insert chemical here), during the Third Cold War, an accident involving said chemical has completely wiped out the nutrients in Russian soil involved with potato farming. Lacking the economy needed for mass potato imports and a sudden spike in vodka prices, the Russian government had to do something.

Space Whales.

They're bodies had many of the needed nutrients for potato growth and the rest of the materials could fetch a nice price at market. The Russians jumped at the chance. Sure, it wasn't legal- or illegal, yet, as few even knew about Space Whales- but they risked the possible backlash for their prized booze.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Yes, please! I'm still waiting for SPESSH WHALERS.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bweheh. :P

Okay, I've looked at Moby Dick... and it's kinda huge. And I don't mean the whale. Hmm.. well, I guess I'll have to read this thing after all, so onto my lil' tablet it goes... but in the meantime, I think I should start this anyway. I mean, come on. I, at least, am not entirely interested in the whaling references. I want to see starship-to-elder-god combat! :P

Also, the ship is already a "Protsvetanie" class, so it's kinda already a Russian whaler. ^_^

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Bweheh. :P

Okay, I've looked at Moby Dick... and it's kinda huge. And I don't mean the whale. Hmm.. well, I guess I'll have to read this thing after all, so onto my lil' tablet it goes... but in the meantime, I think I should start this anyway. I mean, come on. I, at least, am not entirely interested in the whaling references. I want to see starship-to-elder-god combat! :P

Also, the ship is already a "Protsvetanie" class, so it's kinda already a Russian whaler. ^_^

So your saying Moby Dick is huge?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's situationally huge. It'll take me a few days to read it, at least. It might not hold a candle to, say War and Peace, or Fallout:Equestria, but it's pretty darn long.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

It's situationally huge. It'll take me a few days to read it, at least. It might not hold a candle to, say War and Peace, or Fallout:Equestria, but it's pretty darn long.

You missed your own innuendo
Sigtext

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I willfully ignore such things unless it's actually funny. :P

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 661