Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 728159 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #480 on: June 06, 2011, 09:27:03 pm »

I would play an SCP RTD WtFoaTS. But I'm too lazy to GM, and nobody seems to want to GM it. Maybe when RtPJ ends I would? Around turn 60 or 70? So maybe in a few weeks to a month.
SCP sounds like fun, I'd join.

As for GMing it though, I'm hardly into it enough (even though I got through nearly all the SCP that were on several months ago, I'm pretty sure I'm missing a lot of behind-the-scenes things) to know everything, my style (no flavor except where necessary) wouldn't do it any favors, and I've got another RTD which I'm still working on, so I'm not likely going to GM it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 10, 2011, 10:21:33 pm »

Someone needs to run a Roll to Die. I want to play in a Roll to Die. Why is no one running a Roll to Die?

:(
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:46:52 pm by GlyphGryph »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 10, 2011, 10:46:10 pm »

Someone needs to run a Roll to Die. I want to play in a Roll to Die. Why is no one running a Roll to Die?

:o(
Roll to Die?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 10, 2011, 10:47:13 pm »

Roll to die, die to win!

Roll to dies are the best.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 10, 2011, 10:48:08 pm »

It was more of a "what is it" kind of question.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 10, 2011, 10:49:56 pm »

Links!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62924.msg1447425#msg1447425
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64072.msg1491847#msg1491847

(also I tend to post before I'm finished posting, I was going to include them in the last one but you had to get all impatient. ;))

(Example: This)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 10, 2011, 10:55:05 pm »

Hmm. I could use that to focus my idea.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 10, 2011, 11:31:17 pm »

Hehe, I could do one of those. In space!

Trouble is, I also kind of want to do a space RTD where the idea is not to die. Hm...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 10, 2011, 11:44:13 pm »

I want to see a space RTD that revolves around mech pilots since that would be alot of fun trying to destroy Dreadnoughts with mechs is such a brilliant idea.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 11, 2011, 12:05:48 am »

...Problems with that:

How the hell are mechs in space worth their money?
How the hell are the mechs going to move in space without huge engines? Why would you build mechs anyway if you are basically building a ship?
How the hell are you going to stick enough armor on a mech to survive against actual ships?
How the hell are you going to stick good enough weapons on the mechs to actually damage the ships even a minor amount without resorting to nukes?

I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything, but it's just... not practical. You'd have fun just trying to explain it! Space really isn't a place for land vehicles. :|

But, if you really want one, start one yourself or something. I'm not stopping you. I'd recommend sticking to the ground, though. It makes a lot more sense.

@Irony: Anyway, space RTD, maybe. If you want I could list the number of problems mine had (which you were in, huh).
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 11, 2011, 12:07:42 am »

More a Armed Mobile Space Ram than a mech, if its in space. Unless its related to the Veritech.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 11, 2011, 12:17:33 am »

Hm... now that I think about it, I could combine the dying and not-dying parts to make a sort of Mafia-ish RTD, wherein some of the crew of some station/vessel are spies/infiltrators trying to kill everyone, while the others are your standard, oxygen-loving, prefer to not die crewmen. It'd probably lack the amusement factor of everyone trying to dispose of themselves as soon as possible, though.

I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything, but it's just... not practical. You'd have fun just trying to explain it! Space really isn't a place for land vehicles. :|
Sorry, what? I couldn't hear your logic over the sound of giant robots swordfighting in space. With lasers.

@Irony: Anyway, space RTD, maybe. If you want I could list the number of problems mine had (which you were in, huh).
The only issues I recall were that it got too complex, and you sort of lost interest in it. If you mean issues with the feasibility of maintaining shields or the power requirements of warp travel, those wouldn't really apply because I'd flagrantly and shamelessly ignore them.

Damn it, now I kind of do want to make a mechwarrior/gundam RTD. The mental image of two gundam-things fighting with giant claws got to me.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 11, 2011, 12:28:24 am »

With IronyOwl on this one. I mean I guess some people would want to track those kinds of things but, well, you know how I react to frivolous complexity. Especially if it gets in the way of the Rule of Cool.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 11, 2011, 12:30:17 am »

I was imagining they had the jetpacks from Gundam to help them fly around, and that they survived the ships blast by zooming out of the way, or their shields would take care of the blast.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 11, 2011, 12:30:38 am »

I was imagining they had the jetpacks from Gundam to help them fly around, and that they survived the ships blast by zooming out of the way, or their shields would take care of the blast.
You lost me at Gundam.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 661