Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 727309 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For anyone who want to GM Mad Scientist RTD, or Dwarven Races, I've got some files that may provide inspiration/etc. But for races, I HIGHLY suggest not using hex based movement. I firmly believe that that system is what killed the last two remakes. It was too simultaneously vague and complicated. I'd mainly like to see Dwarven Races, but unfortunately after my last few.... incidents, I'd rather not GM for a long time. I kinda don't trust myself as GM.  :( Anyway, the files are on a different comp, so pm me if interested and I'll get back to you eventually.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

For anyone who want to GM Mad Scientist RTD, or Dwarven Races, I've got some files that may provide inspiration/etc. But for races, I HIGHLY suggest not using hex based movement. I firmly believe that that system is what killed the last two remakes. It was too simultaneously vague and complicated. I'd mainly like to see Dwarven Races, but unfortunately after my last few.... incidents, I'd rather not GM for a long time. I kinda don't trust myself as GM.  :( Anyway, the files are on a different comp, so pm me if interested and I'll get back to you eventually.

I think I may run a Dwarven Races that lies somewhere between Mario Kart and Wacky Races (The RTDs).

TO NOTEPAD
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I think I may run a Dwarven Races that lies somewhere between Mario Kart and Wacky Races (The RTDs).

TO NOTEPAD
Go ahead. If you need info on some of the mechanics, feel free to ask.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Posted my MtGRtD.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Heh, making another game, maybe.

Pretty much, adventure RTD...under the ocean! I don't think I've seen the setting done in an RTD around here.

Hopefully, with more races than just Merpeople, that I can think of.

I guess the problem is, I have a nice setting and ideas but nothing concrete. I doubt this will inspire much interest, but I'm putting it out anyway. Suggestions welcome! Not exactly taking pre-ins (unless you really really want it), just seeing if it's something I should keep working on.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Sounds interesting to me- water worlds can be really cool when done right. Keep at it, sez I!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go for it, dudee. Get more species than the merfolk, though.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In theory, I'd make available hybrid "any sea creature/man", DF style. :P

I'd probably just let players pick and choose.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I AM A SHARK **** ** ****!"

Oh I mean. Sturgeons are deadly whenever they find my poor adventurer.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Actually, that'd be pretty cool. *resists urge to make Spongeman*

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Sounds interesting Dwarmin. I'd love to be an octo-man. (In the game.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds interesting Dwarmin. I'd love to be an octo-man. (In the game.)
Not making any jokes about tentacles, I swear. Not.
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

.... I can haz polypman? >.>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

That does sound pretty cool, Dwarmin. Do you know what kind of system you'd use?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Irony: Probably something a lot easier than what I usually do. I recently found a system online that uses a sort of opposing d100's, with a multi rock/paper/scissors type deal for bonuses/maluses. I'll probably just use that.

Thus Following list. Beats -->

Attack: Physical --> Magic --> Stealth
Defense: Armor --> Evasion --> Ward
Tactics: Melee --> Hybrid --> Ranged

So, a char who used Physical/Evasion/Ranged VS Stealth/Evasion/Melee (pretty much a Ranger vs a Rogue ), would match for their defense and the other two would cancel each other out with a +10% to each. Base chances would be 50% for either side, on a balanced fight. Generally, way easy, so I can concentrate on writing the story instead of crunching numbers.

It also allows a lot of room for skills, buffs and things without collapsing the system. :P

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 661