Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 728231 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2925 on: December 21, 2011, 10:34:44 pm »

Quick! EVERYONE CHOOSE A BUG POKEMON!

Although in all seriousness, if I were the one running it it'd depend on how things work mechanically. I do know that the stats and leveling would probably need adjustment to the coarser RTD rules, so things would probably play out more like the Anime than the games. Not that I watched the anime much, but there did seem to be more matches won based on pluck and luck than grinding and type advantage. All of which would probably work out well enough anyway, since players could then choose Pokemon they like without worrying about relative competitiveness. This might be an idea I poke at in the corner of my mind...

Again, I've got enough on my plate without another game to update (I'm behind on Necromancy as it is,) so half of my posting is to write my ideas down so I can come back to it when I do have the time, and half is the hope somebody with the time and inclination to run it decides they like them. And then reserve me a spot :P

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: December 21, 2011, 10:54:01 pm »

For a 'be a pokemon' RTD I'm at a tossup between one of the Torchic lines (Because I fuckin' LOVED that Blaziken. Was my first pokemon ever. I got that sucker maxed the hell out before I lost him. He could one shot most of that lvl. 100 battle tower thing. Broke the hell out of pokemon coliseum I can tell you that much.) and a Ralts line. (I obsessively farmed for that sucker every playthrough I went for some reason. also ~~~Gardevoir~~~)

The only game I ever had was ruby >.>
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:57:02 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: December 22, 2011, 04:50:11 am »

Oh gosh. Related to my current quest-based rtd: Roll to be a Minstrel. Sing songs and take the hits for your lord Sir.

Related to the modern children's programme noddy: Roll to Spoil the Fun.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: December 22, 2011, 04:51:33 am »

Hmm, what would an RTD where players throw specialized mooks and obstacles at another player be like? Or any kind of mook duel thing, with customizable/player-created forces? Actually letting them create the units from scratch might not be such a good idea, but upgrades and such. Maybe kind of a tournament. Would probably require mapping though, meh.

Alternatively, an RTD where the players encounter characters/enemies and worlds from other RTDs. Converting everything to the same system would be hell, but it could be fun.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: December 22, 2011, 05:39:07 am »

Alternatively, an RTD where the players encounter characters/enemies and worlds from other RTDs. Converting everything to the same system would be hell, but it could be fun.

Yes! I've occasionally got distracted by the idea of characters from one of my rtds accidentally bleeding into another.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: December 22, 2011, 05:47:08 am »

It should only be characters and settings that the players/GMs are cool with sharing, though.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: December 22, 2011, 05:49:23 am »

Yes.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: December 22, 2011, 05:49:43 am »

Ok then, starting up the roll to serve Dracula re-boot that I promised.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: December 22, 2011, 09:05:56 am »

Hmm, what would an RTD where players throw specialized mooks and obstacles at another player be like? Or any kind of mook duel thing, with customizable/player-created forces? Actually letting them create the units from scratch might not be such a good idea, but upgrades and such. Maybe kind of a tournament. Would probably require mapping though, meh.

I actually have a similar idea I'm tossing around in my head for my mini-RTD idea.  I'll probably run it starting the 27th or so.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: December 22, 2011, 09:24:43 am »

That's good to hear, I wasted several hours despairing over how much work it might be and considering different variations (In Space, with ships, for example) earlier today.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: December 22, 2011, 11:12:43 am »

Hint: Robots

It's going to be a 10-turn 4-player RTD, so if it's a disaster, not much lost.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: December 22, 2011, 11:13:50 am »

Dibs on Wall-E

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: December 22, 2011, 12:21:58 pm »

GLaDOS is MINE.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: December 22, 2011, 02:59:30 pm »

I call a sentient Megas XLR.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: December 22, 2011, 03:21:06 pm »

Then you better go grab a signup spot before they're gone, because I'm taking only four.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 661