Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729170 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2430 on: November 23, 2011, 03:43:16 pm »

DH, isn't that sorta like YaK? In any case count me interested in that.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: November 23, 2011, 03:45:34 pm »

DH, isn't that sorta like YaK? In any case count me interested in that.

Yeah, that's pretty much the first thing that came to mind when I started thinking about it. There won't be any non-lord/army commander characters in this and only 6 or so players, so it'll be much less work for a GM.

There's no chance in hell I could start this any time soon, though. I've still got my Agency RTD to start next month and two others to run.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: November 23, 2011, 03:47:44 pm »

Apparently Fniff just started a Silent Hill RTD, so I'm taking it upon myself to advertise in the hopes of getting it started. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: November 23, 2011, 03:55:15 pm »

Also, because I can't get this idea out of my head, any interest for a grand strategy RTD? Players would be lords and mercenary captains, fighting wars with thousands of men, thinking of ways to utilize terrain and troop tactics to their advantage, getting mixed in political intrigue, running intelligence networks and assassinating rivals and enemies, and so on. All this on my nice Hexographer maps.

Grand strategy RTD would indeed be very nice, if someone can just GM things like those. Its pretty damn hard to include all that intrigue. Also tactical battles are quite hard to pull of successfully... As a RTD it could propably work so the rules wouldn't be too much in the way, and I bet there are alot of interested players for a game like that
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: November 23, 2011, 04:18:59 pm »

Also, because I can't get this idea out of my head, any interest for a grand strategy RTD? Players would be lords and mercenary captains, fighting wars with thousands of men, thinking of ways to utilize terrain and troop tactics to their advantage, getting mixed in political intrigue, running intelligence networks and assassinating rivals and enemies, and so on. All this on my nice Hexographer maps.

Grand strategy RTD would indeed be very nice, if someone can just GM things like those. Its pretty damn hard to include all that intrigue. Also tactical battles are quite hard to pull of successfully... As a RTD it could propably work so the rules wouldn't be too much in the way, and I bet there are alot of interested players for a game like that
I am so in I will even help you if need be :)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: November 23, 2011, 05:49:57 pm »

Hmmmm. Next random thought. We could do some collective brainstorming, put all our ideas together in a single post and then people can play mix and match with them.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: November 23, 2011, 05:57:22 pm »

I like that, but I think it would be best if it happened live as a chatroom or IRC channel or somesuch at first. That's more efficient for brainstorming. Maybe someone needs to start #Bay12RTD so that we can get together and talking about GMing and playing? I dunno.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: November 23, 2011, 06:10:04 pm »

Well, I can set the IRC server up on freenode if everyone is okay with that...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: November 23, 2011, 06:14:42 pm »

[insert poorly drawn 1-minute DO IT image]

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: November 23, 2011, 06:16:17 pm »

irc://freenode/Bay12RTD

It's up.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: November 23, 2011, 08:07:15 pm »

I'm in it right now, no one is talking D:
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: November 23, 2011, 09:12:41 pm »

...I have never used IRC before and have no idea how to go about doing so... :(
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: November 23, 2011, 09:17:14 pm »

...I have never used IRC before and have no idea how to go about doing so... :(
http://webchat.freenode.net/

Type in a nickname, and then for the channel type #Bay12RTD.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: November 23, 2011, 09:27:13 pm »

Ah, OK, thanks BD! I'll see about it in a bit, I have like five posts to write and stuff. ^^^;

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: November 24, 2011, 12:09:45 am »

Has anyone thought about a Mini-RTD thread ?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:18:21 am by adwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 661