Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729075 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2070 on: November 16, 2011, 06:59:08 am »

I say special equipment and no ponies. >:(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: November 16, 2011, 07:20:35 am »

I had three pre-ins out of five player slots for a Fire Emblem RTD, but Taricus (who got a pre-in for assistance/continued assistance with adapting the mechanics to a more RTD form and filling me in with some of the other FE-related stuff I needed to know) opted to take the role of +1 GM as opposed to player (that way I can, hopefully, have three running at the same time since he'll be there to handle it if I'm busy or burnt out at the time or whatever, and he'll be handling some of the important NPCs as well) so now I only have two out of five slots filled.

Well, count me in for this if possible. I generally don't like to call pre-ins, but I figure if this gets off the ground it will be going on long after CvRTD has reached it's glorious end, and your games are pretty awesome anyway. Can't resist. :)

Oh yeah, never played Fire Emblem before...From what I read about it, I've been missing out.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: November 16, 2011, 07:31:43 am »

I'm also quite interested for the same reason but have no idea what FE is. Would that be a hindrance?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: November 16, 2011, 07:33:45 am »

>.> Just because It's you, Serious, would I be tempted to pre-in. I also have not played FE before, but I can find out about it if I must. The internet has to be useful for something, right?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: November 16, 2011, 07:41:07 am »

I say special equipment and no ponies. >:(
With Irony here. Even if it is Ironic that my vote won't count :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: November 16, 2011, 09:57:07 am »

Just thought I'd say why my dwarven race and the one before it died at the start. The hex grid system was truly an awful idea for that kind of game. Neither of us realized it until starting(at least, I didn't), and by the time we started, it was too late. I'd try starting it again with the same system that was used in the first two, but I already know I'm bad at running games. So, does anyone else want to try starting it? Also, does anyone want me to actually post most of what I changed for the "For Science!" RTD?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: November 16, 2011, 11:43:28 am »

@Tal & la: Nah. Much like how I'm running Castlevania, Fire Emblem is going to be mainly the system and general story flavor, so hopefully I don't end up stepping on anyone's favorite canon. Not being up on FE lore won't hurt you any; I plan on writing a general backstory for the RTD so the first post of the thread should have everything you need to know.

@Tal & Dwarmin & Draignean (I think that was a compliment :P): Thanks. ^^^

@Taric: Your vote does count since I'm relying on you to help me make sure I got this stuff balanced. :P So two for equipment, one for tree?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: November 16, 2011, 11:56:58 am »

In case you hadn't noticed yet, I was joking :V

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: November 16, 2011, 12:00:32 pm »

Darvi, you broke my ability to detect when you are and are not joking. :(
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 16, 2011, 12:01:36 pm »

Hey, I just noticed Darvi was back. For like a week now.

*blows victory fanfare for self on tiny horn*

Darvi, you broke my ability to detect when you are and are not joking. :(

Watch the eyes on his avatar. They will change. :I
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: November 16, 2011, 12:03:27 pm »

Well, yeah, but that's 'cause it's a gif...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: November 16, 2011, 12:03:52 pm »

When in doubt, assume that I am.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: November 16, 2011, 01:24:34 pm »

Anyway... any other opinions/votes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: November 16, 2011, 03:33:52 pm »

I am for the Gear, but you should put special limitations on it. For instance no Generals riding the Horse (From the look of it they have like eighty pounds of armor), and no shapeless either (I think Horses could sense they aren't exactly human, and would freak out.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: November 16, 2011, 03:47:20 pm »

The first should resolve itself in that by the time we have heavy armored units better mounts than horses should be available that can - implausibly or not - carry them, and as for the second Shifters/Westlanders/Shapeless shouldn't need mounts. :P I can add that to their list of Cons, though I think I'll make up for it by giving the Primal, Geomancer, and Earth Stalker a slight bonus to mounts since they're supposed to be a 'one with nature' deal.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 661