Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729970 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1515 on: August 23, 2011, 01:26:16 am »

*shakes hand*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: August 23, 2011, 01:26:57 am »

Don't killsteal or I'll punch you so hard the moon will cry once you hit it.

*Shakes hand*
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: August 23, 2011, 01:29:39 am »

Well, I doubt it will be all that complex, as I haven't run an RTD (or any other forum game, for that matter) before, so I'll probably just use basic RTD rolls, with 1 being a critical failure and 6 being an overshoot.
I think I'll try to keep weapon damage fairly realistic... Which should be kinda cool. :)
I'll start working out how combat and the like will work next. Mainly the urge to do this came about from watching too many old western movies!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: August 23, 2011, 01:35:53 am »

watching too many old western movies!
ahahahaha

Don't killsteal or I'll punch you so hard the moon will cry once you hit it.
Unless someone's aiming for us.
But I'll try.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: August 23, 2011, 01:56:46 am »

That sounds interesting but I won't say in just yet I am getting carried away at the moment.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: August 23, 2011, 02:17:27 am »

Well, I doubt it will be all that complex, as I haven't run an RTD (or any other forum game, for that matter) before, so I'll probably just use basic RTD rolls, with 1 being a critical failure and 6 being an overshoot.
So a 1/2 chance to do things right and a 1/2 chance to not succeed?

Mmmmmmhhh... I don't know how I feel about that. :-\

Can you make a 3 roll a partial-success/not-great success? That way, we have a MUCH better success rate of 2/3 instead of 1/2. So we won't be flailing around doing absolutely nothing 1/2 the time and instead we'll be making some progress.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: August 23, 2011, 02:24:17 am »

*nods in agreement*
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: August 23, 2011, 02:28:38 am »

I thought a 3 was a partial success? Heh, well, a 50% chance of failing miserably would get kinda boring, so yeah.
A three is a partial success. That's what I thought it was in normal RTD rules... See, told you I was new to this.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: August 23, 2011, 02:49:34 am »

From the RTDs I've seen, 3 seems to be considered a "You fail, but in a good way". Like 2, but slightly better. Though I could be miss-remembering.

Actually... I think I might have miss-remembered.

Argh...?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: August 23, 2011, 02:55:56 am »

I think the rule was always '3 is a partial success' but it's usually interpreted as 'fail in a good way,' but that's just my thoughts.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: August 23, 2011, 03:11:48 am »

I kinda interpret 3 as the "meh" roll. Either a success or a failure that nobody's gonna care much about.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: August 23, 2011, 03:51:35 am »

Anyone wanna know what I think would be a good idea? An inFamous RTD. Maybe it's because I'm playing inFamous 2 as we (I) type, but I think it would be fun. Were I not on my iPod, I would already be writing a system/thinking up a storyline.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: August 23, 2011, 07:43:18 am »

I think it probably would be fun, and I'd probably be interested. I haven't played it, but a friend has played it HARD and made it sound very enjoyable.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: August 23, 2011, 07:45:20 am »

Apologies for the double post.

I have a waiting list for my rtd. I thought I'd cap it at 5 players, but the waiting list made me wonder.

What do you think would be best, to have more player death and speed up the waiting, to let in a 6th and not increase death, or leave it as it is?

My reasoning for leaving it at 5 was to keep my first rtd manageable. I had imagined some player death, but not a constant stream of it.

Any thoughts?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: August 23, 2011, 07:55:07 am »

Depends on what you're comfortable with. Me, personally, I ramp my player-list up to 8-10 players, because I like bigger games. But most people keep it at 6 to keep it manageable. I'd personally say expand the playerbase and keep deaths as is, but thats because I dislike killing my players unless they are REALLY stupid or unlucky. Im not a Killer DM :P Unlike some people I know...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 661