Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 727611 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2011, 02:40:12 pm »

:3 is to me what :) is to other people.

Yes. Yes it is. :3 Anyway, I get what you're saying Tarran. So if I wanted to have a +1 to spellcasting I'd need 20 Intelligence and not 15, right? If that's the case then I'll make yet moar edits and move 5 points from charisma to intelligence.

-Also it's raining really badly over here and the power keeps cutting on and off, so if you start the RTD and I don't post for awhile it's probably because I don't have electricity. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2011, 02:40:58 pm »

With 30? Ya.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2011, 02:41:54 pm »

ah, gotcha now.
so I get +2 bonus?
Yep.

:3 is to me what :) is to other people.

Yes. Yes it is. :3 Anyway, I get what you're saying Tarran. So if I wanted to have a +1 to spellcasting I'd need 20 Intelligence and not 15, right? If that's the case then I'll make yet moar edits and move 5 points from charisma to intelligence.

-Also it's raining really badly over here and the power keeps cutting on and off, so if you start the RTD and I don't post for awhile it's probably because I don't have electricity. >.>
Yep.

Alright, don't worry about taking too long, since I need you guys to take the maximum time possible so I have "reasons" for procrastination. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2011, 02:43:48 pm »

I don't even have a character up. I'm helping!

Anyway, doesn't the autosucceed spellcasting problem apply to everything then? Wouldn't someone who whored Str or Agi succeed at everything?

Admittedly, there's a difference between "jump from rooftop to rooftop" and "animate my hulking golem," but still.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2011, 02:46:58 pm »

Anyway, doesn't the autosucceed spellcasting problem apply to everything then? Wouldn't someone who whored Str or Agi succeed at everything?
No, not really, the bonuses only apply to weapons that use those stats. Also, look at combat:
In melee combat: The attacker rolls 1d6+(weapon Skill level and attribute bonuses) against the defender's 1d6+(defense Skill level and attribute bonuses).
The defender has a reasonably good chance to defend.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2011, 02:54:22 pm »

I can throw a massive +3 Spanner of Fixing into your works by reposting the RTD Ruleset 2.0 snippet I posted over at RTD Wars thread.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Feel free to utilize.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2011, 02:55:48 pm »

personally i would prefer the current system (much less complicated, and is easier to play  ;)) but your call Tarran.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2011, 02:57:17 pm »

I just noticed he's having problems with ridiculous bonuses, so I decided to share. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2011, 02:58:24 pm »

(i know, but sometimes ridiculous bonuses r a gud thing  :P thanks for taking the time to copy it here)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2011, 02:59:29 pm »

I just noticed he's having problems with ridiculous bonuses, so I decided to share. :)
Only really in intelligence. Not so much anymore with the nerf.

Since I've already entrenched the current ruleset and changing it at all at this point may break a lot of things, I'm sticking with the current one.

Now, would you guys kindly stop posting so I can actually post the game without getting distracted? :P

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2011, 03:00:32 pm »

sure thing!
*slaps self*
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2011, 03:00:55 pm »

Sure.

...wait, crap.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2011, 05:35:59 pm »

TolyK I win I am DEATH YOU CAN NOT KILL DEATH

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2011, 05:37:57 pm »

um...
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2011, 05:41:16 pm »

TolyK I win I am DEATH YOU CAN NOT KILL DEATH
...Huh? What? Why are you posting that here?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 661