Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 730372 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1215 on: July 26, 2011, 08:22:39 am »

I also had reserved a spot for RtDaS, although I might have not said it exactly like that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: July 26, 2011, 06:40:58 pm »

I... I never even said I'd run it. :-\

I guess if it's that popular I might have to at least give it a shot, though. What's everyone's favorite setting for such a thing?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 26, 2011, 06:54:18 pm »

What do you mean?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: July 26, 2011, 06:57:49 pm »

The setting is usually best as a sort of loose fantasy.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: July 26, 2011, 06:58:44 pm »

loose fantasy works for me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 27, 2011, 01:43:19 am »

Tight fantasy... Okay, that sounds wrong to me. Loose Fantasy is cool :P
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 27, 2011, 01:25:55 pm »

That sounds fun!
It's FEF, not FEOF

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 31, 2011, 04:31:01 am »

aaalll right...

tech and magic

Spoiler: Backstory - Part 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planet description (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backstory - Part 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backstory - Part 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backstory - Part 4 (click to show/hide)

Character selection/stats/etc. are not done yet. Ideas on any of these?

Questions, comments?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: July 31, 2011, 04:39:33 am »

Honestly? Not sure where you're going with it. Is it just tech humans vs magic monsters? Are the players supposed to be one side or the other? What would they be doing? The magic monsters want magic coal, the humans want... uh... everything I guess? But it doesn't sound like they'd care much about the altogen, so... I'm not sure why they'd be fighting exactly, and I'm not sure what the players could be doing other than fighting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 31, 2011, 04:42:35 am »

First Question: Can I get a spot reserved? It sounds awesome so far.

Second: As per Irony's question, what would our objective be?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 31, 2011, 04:53:07 am »

Hmmm...

1: I really don't think humanity would spark up so quickly even if nukes became radiationless. But it's not a big deal.
2: You could merge all the spoilers, really.
3: I nominate Tau Ceti to be your system. Sun-like, no potential hazardous amounts of ultraviolet radiation, no gas giants causing problems, no real-life planets identified, close to Sol... perfect target for a game, really.
4: What is the humans' stance on the aliens and why do the feel them as competition so quickly? On first contact people would likely be fascinated by them, not viewing them as competition.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 31, 2011, 06:42:50 am »

WOAH. I was planning on leaving a day to have enough comments for a post.  :P
Honestly? Not sure where you're going with it. Is it just tech humans vs magic monsters?
Mostly yes, it's tech vs magic, though both races will be able to accumulate both to some degree.
Are the players supposed to be one side or the other? Either
What would they be doing? Eying each other, trying to communicate, possibly fighting.
The magic monsters want magic coal, the humans want... uh... everything I guess?
Mostly, yeah.
But it doesn't sound like they'd care much about the altogen, so... I'm not sure why they'd be fighting exactly, and I'm not sure what the players could be doing other than fighting.
Trying to figure out what exactly the hell is going on, trying to either cooperate or fight (depending on player choices)
In bold.

First Question: Can I get a spot reserved? It sounds awesome so far.
I guess.

Second: As per Irony's question, what would our objective be?
Survive, mine things, and try to achieve your personal goal (i.e. scientist wants to study them, miner wants to get the resources, commander wants to try to communicate, etc.)
In bold.

Hmmm...

1: I really don't think humanity would spark up so quickly even if nukes became radiationless. But it's not a big deal. I know, I'll try to figure out something slightly more realistic.  :P Possible like Al Queda, or a mislaunch...
2: You could merge all the spoilers, really. It's mostly so that folks read one at a time, to get a sense of "stages" I guess.
3: I nominate Tau Ceti to be your system. Sun-like, no potential hazardous amounts of ultraviolet radiation, no gas giants causing problems, no real-life planets identified, close to Sol... perfect target for a game, really. Coooooool... I'll look it up!
4: What is the humans' stance on the aliens and why do the feel them as competition so quickly? On first contact people would likely be fascinated by them, not viewing them as competition. It's just that guy not exactly figuring out what is going on. The alien was also "mining", so that could be part of the explanation. It was technically another phrase for "someone else is here", just a bit more humorous.

Thanks for the feedback btw!
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 01, 2011, 06:53:09 am »

Okay, so, 'nother idea. Vampire: The Masquerade RTD. Anyone?

What more do you need?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 01, 2011, 08:34:32 am »

:-\
Dunno.
So should I start mine after I make a combat system?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 01, 2011, 08:35:36 am »

I'd say yes, but that's just me :)

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 661