Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 730472 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1110 on: July 06, 2011, 01:48:31 pm »

Oh balls, didn't notice. D:
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 06, 2011, 01:49:55 pm »

Heheh. It's okay, I'm falling awake anyways. I mean asleep. I'm falling asleep..,
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 06, 2011, 01:52:28 pm »

Heheh. It's okay, I'm falling awake anyways. I mean asleep. I'm falling asleep..,
You need some rest.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 06, 2011, 05:29:51 pm »

Forum Game then ?
Yeah, likely a better choice.
Been done before, but usually ends up too complicated for most GMs, and sometimes some players.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 07, 2011, 01:03:42 am »

So, I think I've fixed my Shaper RTD's system so it actually will work easily enough, The story I can make much more easily. What do you guys think?

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shaping Guide (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creations (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 07, 2011, 10:03:12 am »

Looks fine, although you should probably fine tune the costs a bit. In some cases, the class bonuses just aren't as much as they should.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 09, 2011, 09:17:41 am »

Well the Civilization Game I was working onis up now in Forum Games, but it changed quite a bit from its original concept.

Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88522.0

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 11, 2011, 03:14:30 am »

So, quick question:

Would there be any interest in a game where players are let loose in a vast but inescapable wilderness, then ruthlessly hunted down by extremely powerful enemies that they have no real chance of defeating in a fair fight? Or would that be too frustrating? What about the reverse, where the players are essentially demented big game hunters?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 11, 2011, 03:44:16 am »

So, quick question:

Would there be any interest in a game where players are let loose in a vast but inescapable wilderness, then ruthlessly hunted down by extremely powerful enemies that they have no real chance of defeating in a fair fight? Or would that be too frustrating? What about the reverse, where the players are essentially demented big game hunters?

That basically describes the dual phases in roll to hunt that I'm waiting for choobakka to post in sometime this century.  I need to update roll to doom as well >.>. All I can think about is zealots and demons though. :(

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 11, 2011, 03:49:27 am »

That basically describes the dual phases in roll to hunt that I'm waiting for choobakka to post in sometime this century.
He hasn't posted at all since the 5th. I'd say it's safe to auto him or just outright drop him if you want.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 11, 2011, 04:10:48 am »

That basically describes the dual phases in roll to hunt that I'm waiting for choobakka to post in sometime this century.  I need to update roll to doom as well >.>. All I can think about is zealots and demons though. :(
Vaguely, but I was thinking a lot more brutal and difficult. Even for being the hunter, just about everything would be a potentially dangerous boss or sub-boss.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 11, 2011, 05:06:35 am »

Vaguely, but I was thinking a lot more brutal and difficult. Even for being the hunter, just about everything would be a potentially dangerous boss or sub-boss.
Well it would be intresting if it was a game of survival where the players were thrown onto an island given a few turns to run, hide, and prepare then monsters would be let loose, and the last one standing wins, but the thing is the monsters would have to be massively stronger than the players, and the only way the players could win would be by escaping, trickery, stealth, and cunning instead of brute force.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 11, 2011, 06:58:01 pm »

Well it would be intresting if it was a game of survival where the players were thrown onto an island given a few turns to run, hide, and prepare then monsters would be let loose, and the last one standing wins,
Not exactly, for a couple reasons. For one thing, it'd be far more continuous than that- large swaths of the game would be running, hiding, preparing, getting discovered, being attacked by something that's far more ready for you than you thought, and then running again, possibly having lost a member or two. It wouldn't just be like tag where you find a tree or whatever and then that's your hiding spot for the game.

Secondly, it wouldn't be directly competitive. You could certainly kill other players and take their stuff, and there might even be further benefits to doing so, but the ultimate goal would be not dying for not dying's sake, and maybe escaping if you got really good. Newer players would get added in to replace the slain.

but the thing is the monsters would have to be massively stronger than the players, and the only way the players could win would be by escaping, trickery, stealth, and cunning instead of brute force.
Yeah. The enemies would be alarmingly intelligent and canny, also- simple stuff like "dig a pit" or "distract it with a thrown rock" wouldn't get you very far. Trouble is, I'm not sure if that'd be fun and suspenseful or just frustrating and pointless.

Surely some other people have opinions? "Sounds terrible" is still useful feedback, you know.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 11, 2011, 06:59:33 pm »

Amnesia: the dark dice? (Fun with Acronyms. Heh)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 11, 2011, 07:11:07 pm »

I'd join it, I like the sound of it personally.  As far as advice goes, always have a visible goal.  If there is no visible goal the game often descends as I'm trying to get Z&D back on track after a little too long without clear goals.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 661