Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Never Happened Before...  (Read 1401 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Never Happened Before...
« on: March 29, 2011, 02:04:50 pm »

Just got ambushed by a group of outlaws, and I was on my way to their camp to kill them! :D
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
Re: Never Happened Before...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 02:37:58 pm »

They're the nice kind of outlaws. The ones who know they're just part of a larger plan to make the player more famous, and so they make it easy for you by taking half the walk for you, so you can behead them and return home in less then a day.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 10:35:23 pm »

I learned the hard way that it's a really bad idea to go to sleep on the tile immediately adjacent to the bandit camp you're about to raid.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 10:43:43 pm »

I learned the hard way that it's a really bad idea to go to sleep on the tile immediately adjacent to the bandit camp you're about to raid.
It is? I tend to do it frequently. Get there, take a nap, wake up, stretch, slaughter, go home.

Tsukana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 06:23:39 pm »

Same. Decidedly more convenient than waking up after a long days walk to walk more, kill, then continue walking.

StreetPizza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 09:50:54 pm »

Generally, I actually prefer making the whole walk to the bandit camp because the bandit treasure thingy might have nice stuff.
the soapmaker Urist McSudsy has come!  Beware his deadly cleansing action!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 11:46:32 pm »

I like to play with my food when it ambushes me; I'll kill their leader/somebody else that gets too close and sneak away, then if they ambush me again I'll kill one or two more. If I go to their camp, it's at night to steal their shit, back-stab some poor bastard, and leave again. Eventually the last one there ambushes me again. It's quite humorous.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tsukana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 05:41:33 pm »

Devious sir. Simply devious.

And delicious. Very, very delicious.