Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Whats the Biggest tower/longest game you guys have had?  (Read 3357 times)

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the Biggest tower/longest game you guys have had?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 03:15:10 pm »

My longest is about 10 years. Ive had a break from it due to ghost lag. the tallest "tower" is probably the above ground part of the magma pump stack at a booring 4 or 5 z-levels + in progress piping.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 07:21:40 pm »

I dig towers.  Skyscrapes is pretty a pretty beastly succession fort that started with 31.02 and still going (I think) on year 18 or so.  Tower's up to 70ish floors now.

There was also a tower competition that started right after .31 came out.  After 8 years my team was able to use up all 100 floors with a helix tower.  My wrist still hurts from all that designation.
At last, she is done.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 12:18:05 am »

My longest living fort is 25 years and counting. As for towers, well, I generally don't build them on account of the fact that they confuse me. I am bad at translating a bunch of 2d screens into a 3d object in my head. It is baffling.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 01:13:40 am »

My oldest fort was 15 years old. I lost it to foot rot syndrome.  :'(
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 11:05:52 am »

I dig towers.  Skyscrapes is pretty a pretty beastly succession fort that started with 31.02 and still going (I think) on year 18 or so.  Tower's up to 70ish floors now.

There was also a tower competition that started right after .31 came out.  After 8 years my team was able to use up all 100 floors with a helix tower.  My wrist still hurts from all that designation.

I, too, was involved in both of these. And I would do it again if it weren't for RL.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Saim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 05:35:18 pm »

:o Man those are some huge towers. I stopped mine at 5 levels for now...I made it wayy to big, takes 404 stones to complete 1 level of it...floor/walls/stairs included. I'll start it up once all of the rotting goblins are cleaned up out of the sand! Though I might shrink the levels in half or down to a quarter of the size.

It's pretty cool to see what some of you guys can do (I thought I was pretty good at the game, but it turns out I'm just adept!)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 05:24:23 am »

I wouldn't consider 80 to be slow?
For 13 dwarves?
I regularly get 40FPS on embark.
くコ:彡

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 05:46:23 am »

My longest fort was 11 year old, and it featured my highest tower. The tower was 44 levels high, from the ground up, but the base was at the bottom of a canyon so you could only see the 30 highest levels from far away.
I had put a jail and guard quarters at the top, thinking being very high would be the most incomfortable for dwarves.
Pages: 1 [2]