Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I hope this guy won't become a mayor.  (Read 9507 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: I hope this guy won't become a mayor.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 04:53:22 pm »

My baron likes rings, and so prohibits their export from time to time.

Our main industry is rock crafts, fueled by three legendary Stonecrafters.  >:(

Switch over to making rock mugs.

Qc Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 05:37:26 pm »

What version is this?  I checked the most recent raws and chickens no longer appear to have teeth, unless this guy is just making up nonsensical stuff.

You can also check your raws (I *think* it's in creature_birds.txt) and look for a line like this under chickens:
[BODY:HUMANOID_ARMLESS:2WINGS:2EYES:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES:BEAK:RIBCAGE]

Note the lack of "TEETH" in that list.  I'm just asking because this is clearly a bug, but it's not clear how it's related to the known bugs (i.e. whether they're just liking things that can't be obtained from butchering, or if they're liking things that simply don't exist).

I use the latest Lazynewb version, which is not the latest DF version I believe. Lacks a few bug fixes.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 06:30:39 pm »

Don't be telling me you produce less than you trade. I have only one, and have to have the industry on "HALT" for half the time because of craft pile-ups.
And I've had mayors that liked mugs.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 06:32:30 pm »

Don't be telling me you produce less than you trade. I have only one, and have to have the industry on "HALT" for half the time because of craft pile-ups.

You should probably start trying to get into more profitable industries - clothes or metalcrafting with gem encrusting because stone crafting isn't very profitable and it takes up way too much room in the long run.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 06:47:09 pm »

At least they don't want slade stuff.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 01:52:07 am »

What version is this?  I checked the most recent raws and chickens no longer appear to have teeth, unless this guy is just making up nonsensical stuff.

You can also check your raws (I *think* it's in creature_birds.txt) and look for a line like this under chickens:
[BODY:HUMANOID_ARMLESS:2WINGS:2EYES:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES:BEAK:RIBCAGE]

Note the lack of "TEETH" in that list.  I'm just asking because this is clearly a bug, but it's not clear how it's related to the known bugs (i.e. whether they're just liking things that can't be obtained from butchering, or if they're liking things that simply don't exist).

I use the latest Lazynewb version, which is not the latest DF version I believe. Lacks a few bug fixes.

That would be 31.21, then.  There have been several raw fixups since then, but that wasn't mentioned in the announce threads, so I wonder if it got fixed and nobody mentioned it, or if the bug is weirder than that.

Did you happen to find the chicken entry in the raws and see if it mentions TEETH in the list of bodyparts, or if it's the same as the current one ([BODY:HUMANOID_ARMLESS:2WINGS:2EYES:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES:BEAK:RIBCAGE])
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 01:58:43 am »

She likes the colour buff, eh?

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 03:11:01 am »

You should probably start trying to get into more profitable industries - clothes or metalcrafting with gem encrusting because stone crafting isn't very profitable and it takes up way too much room in the long run.
Don't forget cooking. A little bit of micromanagement and a good cook can easily produce stacks worth 5k dwarfbucks and up.
Badger badgers badger badger badgers badgers badger.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 03:45:33 am »

Yeah, right now there's not much of a use for a guard captain...

Hopefully when taverns and travelers arrive, you'll need a real justice system.  Also as personality rewrites happen we may get dwarves who are prone to criminal behavior.

But right now the only criminals are people who don't waste precious resources on nobles' silly demands, which kind of defeats the purpose of having justice at all.

Yea, I asked Toady about in the FotF thread, and he said that it would include the ground work for criminal dorfs in fort mode. Though this personality rewrite is meant for villains in adventure mode and for the army arc more though.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 03:49:17 am »

Don't forget cooking. A little bit of micromanagement and a good cook can easily produce stacks worth 5k dwarfbucks and up.
yeah but those stacks tend to rot in the depot and wouldn't they better be eaten by your dwarves?
As for me, i found my way in selling large serrated discs of any metal i find. they are so absurdly valuable that i suspect they are broken.

Nagassh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 10:19:16 am »

I thought the point of rock crafts was to clean up garbage.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 10:57:40 am »

My count constantly demands helmet snake tooth items. Thinking of causing an unfortunate accident.
Make it an accident by helmet snake tooth!
It has to be attached to the helmet snake to work.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 01:19:29 pm »

At least they don't want slade stuff.

I had mayor who wanted some bizarre metal so he and some cats were involved in unfortunate mining accident. My fort was saved from tantrum spiral... or so I thought because his wife became the next mayor. I checked her status and she liked slade.

[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 02:43:20 pm »

I thought the point of rock crafts was to clean up garbage.
I build stuff above ground a lot so it's not an issue.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 02:49:20 pm »

Hmm, I guess I'm the only one who chooses stonecrafts deliberately. I hate it when I'm giving away money because traders have little of use and my items are all expensive. One guy churning out stonecrafts makes enough for me to get what I want with some left over. I don't even bother encrusting them. :/
Pages: 1 [2] 3