Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Succession fort  (Read 7458 times)

Kona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession fort
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2011, 01:16:22 pm »

(OOC lol an excellent dwarfish story an awesome way to get the ball rolling. charred_gp its your turn good luck)

With our leader under contract orders, hahahaha they never read the fine print, now discharged and ordered to appoint a new leader points to a dwarf who just happened on by. I knew he did it just out of reaction, but hell i got rid of my position threw trickery how can i deny a unlucky lucky dwarf their chance to shine, even if its by chance, who knows we could be they new gods of the land or never heard from again. It is fate for Armok to decide only thing we can do is try to live.

I have other matters to attend to, so may our new leader lead us in to an elf free utopia!!!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:42:26 pm by Kona »

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2011, 04:53:37 pm »

Just downloaded the save, I'll have something up by tomorrow.

Edit: I think there's something wrong with the save, it doesn't show up on the continue menu.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:19:25 pm by charred_gp »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2011, 07:56:23 am »

That's odd. It shows up for me. The fort's called Adilnokgol. Have you tried removing the region1 folder then re-extracting it?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2011, 09:16:48 pm »

Figured out the problem, I had version .23

Starting FOR REAL this time

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2011, 10:29:58 pm »

Journal of Zas, Leader of Wallriddle

2nd of Granite
I've been...elected, I suppose would be the word. I came to Seraphin's office, hoping to be promoted to manager AND bookkeeper, but the second I came in he threw a rock at me and screamed something about resigning. So I guess I'm in charge now. Yay?

But now that I am in charge, I can finally do what I've always wanted to do...ORGANIZE! I have cast my mortal shell of Zas, and am now forever known as...Charred_gp! I shall scour the fort for every rock, every plump helmet. We shall have order in this fort at last!

5th of Granite

I took the liberty of killing off some animals and dividing our farm plot. Now we have four smaller ones that grow a variety of plants for us. Now we can get some quality food made. I also set up a magma workshop with bar and anvil storage. It's incomplete, but it will look nice eventually.

4th of Slate
Migrants! Whoa, a lot of migrants. In total, 23. Not a whole lot of animals, thankfully. I noticed we have a goblin prisoner in our stockpile. I might set him out for military practice later...

Kona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2011, 12:07:49 am »

And so it begins!!!!!

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2011, 02:48:18 pm »

Can I get in on this?
Name: Edosurist
Profession: carpenter/woodcutter/axeman, or whatever's closest
I'll take year... 10, unless I'm needed earlier.
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2011, 08:14:03 pm »

Journal of Zas, leader of Wallriddle

20th of Slate
Our expedition leader went crazy today. He kicked our carpenter's workshop and started demanding a whole bunch of crap. He seems to have everything he needs except for some bones. Wuh oh. I ordered an animal to be slaughtered. Hopefully he can use that, once it gets hauled.

12th of Felsite
Elves came today. I have no idea if the...EEP? works or not. I'll take them to the bloody trade depot and just lock them up like the last one was. But first, I think I'll grab us as much booze and seeds from them as we can...

OH WAIT, WHICH LEVER OPENS THE TRADE DEPOT?
This fort is so disorganized! Fine, we'll just take their stuff and NOT let them go insane!

We also found a snatcher in a cage this afternoon. The sneaky bastard must have been following the elves...

15th of Felsite
Uh oh, it wasn't just a child snatcher here. It's an ambush!

19th of Felsite
Idiots. Fucking idiots. Three morons died because they forgot how to FUCKING FOLLOW ORDERS AND FIGHT!

Now we've got an unhappy military that's upset over their retarded comerads proving their inability to defend themselves. And it's not even summer yet...

20th of Felsite

Well the military is still whining, but the magma workshops are all done! Soon, we shall have our mighty furnaces churning out the finest dwarven metals!

8th of Hematite

Welp, our expedition leader went crazy for real this time. I had the military put him down. More misery! Fucking great!
On the plus side, I've begun excavating a hospital. Hopefully this will reduce casualties slightly. Hopefully.

Kona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2011, 01:08:57 am »

O shit who died, tell me tree McChoppin still lives!!!!!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2011, 02:38:11 am »

Damn. We might have a tantrum spiral soon!
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2011, 09:04:49 am »

Don't worry, it was just our expedition leader. Tree McChoppin' is still alive and well.
And yeah, a tantrum spiral is looking really likely. According to Dwarf Therapist, two of the military are in single digit happiness (very unhappy)

Kona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2011, 01:20:22 pm »

K, well besides the inactivity in and of itself, next time you think you might not be able to give a post within a couple of days let us know please

Kona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2011, 10:05:41 pm »

Well seems like i'll give it another day, if not next person is up

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2011, 06:35:26 pm »

Well seems like i'll give it another day, if not next person is up

Awwww yeah!
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2011, 02:45:06 am »

i would like to be added to the list.

also i would like to be dorfed

the next migrant wave
name:melkor (duh)
profession:siege engineer
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6