Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Succession fort  (Read 7455 times)

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession fort
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 09:27:08 pm »

I'll take a turn running this joint!

Dwarf me in the opening wave please, as the medic if possible. Iggy McNatz, male
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

Kona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 09:39:11 pm »

We get word of a wonderland to the north east, and we start our trek, on our journey one Tholtig Kerligkivish, started ranting and raving, we believe heat stroke, for what booze we sweat could fill up the rivers back home, Demanded that we call him Iggy McNatz, not wanting to deal with it we all agree and never brought it up again, after another "episode" he decided to be a medic, a wise choice as we have none right now, but we all question is capabilities as he came as a Mason/Mechanic, maybe he's good at making casts or something, but i secretly think he's just out of his mind, but all will be revealed with his first patient, but until then he's doing the job i've assigned him. We Get to our Wonderland only to realize its a Wasteland, i'm going to have a little talk to my supervisor about the meaning of "wonderland". But i was given a job to do and by damn i'm going to do it, building this forsaken place into something livable for my fellow dwarfs. That will come in all and good time, but for the meantime i must fill my time by cutting down the thing hippies hold most dear, they don't call me Tree McChoppin for nothing, and now to fulfill my dream of ridding of every tree in sight!!!!

O yes we need to start building and digging don't we, well a simple barracks and depot to get started "I Don't care where it is just start digging and let me start chopping"

Update*
We've just finished constructing a masonry and our Mason Medic Iggy McNatz decided to go in and create a masterpiece chair, why he has given up his ways to become a medic is beyond me, maybe he's so talented at masonry that he's gotten bored? I honestly don't know all we know is that his talent is wasted in medicine but by Armok its his life let him waste it as he pleases
(seriously the second i finished the mason and started building chairs tables ext. he runs in and BAM a masterpiece if things keep going like this we should have a pretty interesting game)

(now its 2/2 masterpieces )
(well was expecting more bet o well first 2 items are masterpieces can't really get mad at that)

(k well we are basically on a hill with one lake to the north that is barely alive as it is, on Badlands, nothing too notable other than its very barren, and practically no water and hotter than a fire imps back side, i already think that the lake is going to dry up before it gets any use starting to dig and just get everything inside, few mountain goats here and there but you never know what's bound to show up)

(i wanna get the smaller versions other people have but my screen capture isn't working, DAMN YOU VISTA)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:45:57 pm by Kona »

Kona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 11:08:21 pm »

20 Hematite*

Excellent some immigrants have arrived how many do we have today?  3? that it? spinner, planter and an armorer? no no i'm not upset just realized we need to spread the lies stories of our fort more, and seeing as how i have already gotten rid of all trees on sight, i still keep an eye our for any more trying to sprout their ugly heads, only to be destroyed by my ax, but for now, i shall train to be ready should our fort ever be threatened

(and like i said the lake evaporated before i could even do anything with it o well gotta dig for water then)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 11:29:01 pm by Kona »

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 11:26:43 pm »

The Unofficial, Official, Journal Autobiography of Iggy McNatz

I've been trapped in this stone prison for too long surrounded by chisels, grinders, hammers. All I want to do is help people. Is it my fault, am I cursed that my hands create such wonders out of stone when they would rather work miracles with flesh and bone?

We have come to a barren wasteland, but it is here I shall make my vision a reality! I've dreamed it for years, dwarfs in white painted wagons, thundering across the plains, responding wherever the need arises, trained in the latest medical techniques. We need a symbol, something so that everyone will know us when we come... I'll wait for my muse to strike, she will grant me a symbol. In the mean time the overseer wants chairs...
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

Kona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 11:57:23 pm »

(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAhAHAHHAHAH mother F****** VISTA I WIN!!!!)
(now with the Vista completely defeated i've got more pics to upload)

With tree's now gone for the moment, we have successfully started our good productions for when our dwarven brothers come, one is enough for now for he shall work endlessly in making..... mugs

More immigrants? Our word is really spreading how many this time? 9? 12? 15?.........2? well it isn't exactly what we need, but we need body's for our work, another mason and a leather worker? put the mason to building some walls so we can be somewhat protected and the leather worker... we got no leather so I DEMAND MUGS. Huh, and they brought animals? leave them in the pen with the others. No not the immigrants too. I think these immigrants got lost and were apart of the original 3, but they never said anything about them? maybe bad blood is already brooding in our community, they haven't even spoken to each other even though just arrived and they seem a little uneasy, for the moment all i can do is watch and wait

By Armok the Caravan is already here!!!!! bring the mugs and that totem i had you make cause i'd thought it would be funny, what do you mean we don't have a broker? your funny aren't you? go make them laugh and we can grab some stuff without them noticing. No it isn't thievery.... Its an investment so they can do more business with us nothing more. Now be gone!!! i believe i smell tree's

And with all our mugs in their hands and our stocks much replenished with food, beer, wood and a few miscellaneous things i feel we might need should anything unforeseeable happen, they leave without so much as a good by but the liaison has been trying to get my attention for a long time but i've been brushing if off cause their are tree's a foot root and they need to be introduced to me and my ax, and winter hit, if you can call this heat winter, and my chopping is once again quieted for lack of a single tree he ask's what we should need next year, and to be honest i'm quite baffled at what to choose, so i get all the necessities out of the way food wood beer, yadda yadda yadda, and then it hit me, i've almost completed my term without so much as completing a single project!!!

Built a wall to keep out invaders, mostly just keeping everyone safe as i can, but no long term plan. laying plans for such a place is beyond me, maybe its been a long year for me and we need someone new to keep watch all is good for me for that leaves me for more training for the cursed hippies and should a tree be near i'll behead it without a single question asked
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:02:28 am by Kona »

Kona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 01:33:48 am »

What's this? an underground River Perfect just what we need give the miner who uncovered this ummmm.... 4 MUGS and not just any mugs, mugs with my personal signature, who knows it could be valuable someday, but with this uncovering of [twitch] more wood that isn't wood, i've become somewhat at odds with myself, i don't feel the need to destroy these as i would the tree's out side i desire to topple them as i would every tree i see but its a more humble feeling than that of pure hate, i fear i've become like the dreaded hippies but before i begin my escapade of toppling the underground forest i must make it safe before entering, but we have dire need of the water so i've put on hold my massacre and ordered a lake for us to be able to use freely that should have to be my accomplishment for the year as it comes to a close

I was unable to complete the lake before my time has ended but i think the fort is sturdy enough to get by without me All i can do is wait an see where this journey takes us

(first time doing a succession fort and hope my story telling was good enough/dwarvenly enough to get the ball rolling and got 2-3 days to respond before i go onto the next person in line so good luck to everyone)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:43:38 am by Kona »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 06:42:05 am »

I guess we better keep that feline away from the caves. I see cave spider webs down there. Unless they're from a giant cave spider.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Kona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 08:34:14 am »

I guess we better keep that feline away from the caves. I see cave spider webs down there. Unless they're from a giant cave spider.

Its cave spider and Giant Cave spider its the reason i didn't immediately begin chopping wood

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 04:31:31 pm »

Journal of Seraphin, the Stonecrafter
Wallriddle, 251
1st Granite
So there I am, furiously working on a new masterpiece goblet in my rickety-looking workshop, when in barges Tree McChoppin with one whopping bundle of paper. He throws it right on top of my workbench, tossing aside my most wonderful, yet incomplete creation to the floor, breaking it in the process. Well thank you very much, Mr Lunatic. I’ve spent over a week on that and you destroy in a matter of seconds. Well done, sir.

In any case, Mr Tree McDecapitator with his old, blunt and rusty axe holds me at axepoint, demanding that I sign that wasteful pile of wood. I don’t even bother to check what I’m signing; I simply have to if not only to be able to get revenge for that humiliation. Turns out old Mr Grumpy over there is stepping down from his position as overseer and giving it to me for some reason – I don’t care. He’s giving me power and that is always useful. Maybe now I can get that gilded magmatic bathtub I always want to throw elves into at the push of a button.

Having spent a year making nothing but mugs and goblets in this asylum, I decide that we need a change. I organise a meeting with everyone except Mr Super-Fly-Booze-On-Fire to discuss dictate our production orders. No more mugs or goblets. Hell, no. I’ve had enough of them. After that I order every able-bodied dwarf to bring me a detailed report of the current status of the fort. Food, booze, production levels, defences, the lot; if I’m ever going to get my most murderous bathtub then everything needs to be documented in the most minute detail.

Well I get less details and more stone tablets with horrifying images of the disturbing kind or something; I can’t easily tell since they are mostly illegible and now worthless flat rocks.  It doesn’t bother me, though, seeing as we can technically declare ourselves kings and still be able to deep-fry the entire Elven population – should the enormous amount of stone be gold. So I have to do the inspection on my own and it isn’t pretty – the outside, that is. Wood is severely scarce in this place, which was something I apparently didn’t notice crafting small figurines out of pebbles on the wagon-trip towards this barren wasteland.

I also notice the cattle amongst other animals that are desperately combing the sand for anything green that wouldn’t kill you by merely looking at you. This can’t possibly do! We are what, twelve dwarves and they are sixteen? They barely have anything to eat while our ridiculously oversized farm yields us dozens of plump helmets everyday with barrels of booze to boot. Out of mercy, and because we need to keep a balanced form of animal husbandry on the surface, some of those unfortunate (or fortunate?) beasts are going to have to die, starting with the puppies, since we only need one male and a few females. Our stockpile of meat’s running low anyways, and that fishery isn’t going to help when there’s no fishing area that won’t murder us in our sleep.

Looking at the architecture has me confused. It seems like Mr Prepare-For-Full-Scale-War has made veritably defensive walls that even have a drawbridge, but there’s still a gaping hole just waiting to allow ungodly beasts passage. I’m not sure if this is intentional or not, but I leave it as is. A fiendish trap there would be exhilarating, though.

The interior design is a mess, truly a uniquely dwarven architecture at its finest. Still, vast improvements aren’t necessary. Sure, the bedrooms are a bit too large for my liking. We are dwarves, tough cookies at that too. Why else do we thrust our hardened metal, fists and beards into the ground, into the very solid, bare rock? The mountain hates us, so we must hate it, too. We can only hate it by pushing ourselves to the edge. We need to be conditioned to the harsh mountain. We don’t need nine square Urist bedrooms. One square Urist is enough. One square Urist, with a door and bare rock is all we need. Beds are for weaklings and nobles. True dwarves endure back-breaking labour, scrape off from dry rock only the purest of plumps, our beards soaked in only the strongest of alcoholic beverages, and lie on the very foundation of the pure dwarven spine; true dwarven might and ingenuity, when Armok’s fist pummels us to the ground as we black out from a hard day’s work in the darkness of the treacherous mountain. We’ve become soft, and that must change here in Wallriddle. It will begin with the elves.

For too long have those pompous tree-huggers been allowed to wander the surface; it’s time they go away for good. We’ll need an efficient method of slaying, though. Merely chopping them down with axes won’t help. It takes too long and our soft dwarves don’t have the mental willpower to withstand continuous bloodbaths. This is why I’ve sketched plans for the Elven Euthanasia Project, or EEP. EEP will ensure the future of the dwarven civilization to be free of elves and their softening ways. First up is a secondary trade depot. For this reason, I’ve told one of the miners to lend his hand to the masons to speed up the process. I hear the elven caravan is just around the corner or hill or whatever.

4th Granite
EEP is underway and so is the mercy-butchering. But it seems we’ll have to double-time as one of the dogs gave birth to more puppies today. To the slaughter, they go.

15th Granite
The basic walls of EEP are up and so is the gate. I’ve ordered the construction a lever contraption to remotely control EEP from underground. It should make the execution of EEP much easier on the minds of our soft dwarves.
The masons are working rather slowly, though. But the issue was solved by giving a big slap on their cheeks for making table, doors and chairs over and over again for some strange reason. Even stranger when they start to talk about oily, hairy and naked dwarves fighting hand-to-hand in a pit somewhere once I left the room.

17th Granite
I’m sitting at my workbench sketching the new water-canal pump system for EEP. If everything goes as planned, EEP will be very effective.
But of course, no important overseer should ever be able to work undisturbed, now should he? One of the planters bursts in to my office yelling that he doesn’t have anymore hides to tan and removes himself just as swiftly as he entered. He’s an odd one. I must keep an eye on him.
Also, the EEP’s depot access control unit has been fully installed.

22nd Granite
It seems our stray yak bull died from starvation today. This is proof enough that what little grasslands we have aren’t enough for our large grazing animal population. The dwarves can expect more animal blood to flow down the rock floor from the Butcher’s. I also expect them to be able to make more decent food. They’re soft; their stomachs can’t stomach true dwarven food yet. For this, I’m forced to have the chef get into the kitchen and cook some lavish meals.

23rd Granite
The animals are fighting over the sparse grass again. Time for more butchering, I guess.

7th Slate
Today, 20 soft dwarven migrants arrived. It’s apparently a mixed plethora of dwarves from all corners of life, and some animals too. They’re lives will most likely be short.

8th Slate
Some miners break into my office while I’m trying to find the strongest booze I can find. I return and find a stone tablet on my desk, with smashed figurines and amulets on the floor. “We’ve hit onyx” it says. I guess they’re not as illiterate as I thought.

10th Slate
Iggy and Co are at again. This time they’re yelling about not having enough cages. I go over there and tell them to shut up, since we barely have enough materials other than stone and food to make anything. They start yelling more and I ask why the need so many cages. They go silent. I guess they’re just bored and need entertainment. But I’ve never thought anyone would need cages to have fun.

18th Slate
EEP’s on schedule. Its pumping building is undergoing construction. It shouldn’t be long now before the outer shell’s finished.
I’ve also noticed a very high number of idlers loitering around the dining hall with the dogs. This must be dealt with. Such profligacy cannot be allowed here. Everyone loitering is called in for a meeting.
Nearly everyone in the woodworking business is being conscripted. And so are some of the more useless people as well. On the positive side, though, our high master siege engineer is also a diagnostician. He’ll be promoted to CMD, to heal our injured comrades and bring massive death upon their injurers.
The military training schedule has also been properly altered.

21st Slate
Meanwhile, on the other side of the universe…

27th Slate
EEP is continuing in a good pace. The outer structure is about to be finished.

3rd Felsite
Well jolly good, it seems the CMD has jumped on Iggy & Co’s bandwagon. Can’t a dwarf work in peace for once?

9th Felsite
I’ve noticed an increase in the number of uncut gems. Seeing as we have an expert gem cutter, I’ve ordered the construction of a Jeweler’s workshops as well as designated a stockpile for gems.

17th Felsite
And here they come, those vile elves and their smug caravan. Well fortunately EEP is only lacking its final component, and thus can still be used to serve our purpose.

21st Felsite
Hey look, they’ve fallen for it! They’re heading for the secondary trade depot, oblivious to their impending doom.

1st Hematite
Summer’s here. EEP’s outer structure is finished and its inescapability is being tested. This will be a glorious summer, I can tell. They even brought wood!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:36:07 pm by da_nang »

Kona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 05:44:54 pm »

(i love it any pics on the EEP design?)

Tree McChoppin is my name, and having been relieved of my duty as overseer is actually turning out to be much more of a relief than i thought it would be, I was in charge for one reason and one reason only, to get them there and keep them safe, guess they never figured we'd actually make it being no other orders on how to actually make it thrive, i'm a tree hating man and all i can say is that the less tree's and elf's there are the happier i can be.

By being a little "rough" i handed my position over to Seraphin, and he has a better idea what to do in this hell hole then i do, and his elf hating should be equal to mine [secretly that's why i choose him]. His people skills could use a little work but screw it we aren't people we are Dwarfs and by Armok all we need is some Elf blood and some booze and we can die knowing we lived a happy life, My only fear right now is still of an invasion, they call my paranoid but its all ways the one's who constantly look behind their back that actually find the trouble before it hits.

One thing for certain though, should i ever be needed for beheading an elf or a tree i shall be there
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:52:24 pm by Kona »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 11:02:51 am »

Journal of Seraphin, the Stonecrafter
Wallriddle, 251

1st Hematite
After having drunk lovely, highly alcoholic, morning booze, I see that my beloved EEP’s missing something. It’s too open; too fragile should invaders ever descend upon it. This is undesirable, so my fellow soft masons are told to install some protective doors in it. I also need to prepare for the main EEP machinery. We lack the resources to mass-produce corkscrews and pipe sections, so instead we’re going to create a mountain of blocks. Stone blocks from the very depths of the mountain are going compose the delightful symphony of drowning woodland critters by being the building blocks for the mighty pumps. For this reason – and for a faster construction rate – a stockpile for them and them only has been created outside EEP. Even more, I’ve had a look at the carpenters’ skills at making pump components. They aren’t at par with my level of expectations. We need more skilful carpenters for high quality components, for which we need more wood. Sadly, the only logs in miles are with the elves. For now.

EEP Design
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

4th Hematite
The fish cleaner came into my office recently. He said he was lacking work and subsequently barged off somewhere. I’ve now had a look at our stocks and noticed that we are in dire need of some fish. So I open the map of the caves, full of holes and spots of moist booze, and spot a nice looking area fit for a fishing operation. I call in my miners and tell them to dig out that area ASAP.

Some security measures are ordered for construction as well.

I also notice the other stonecrafters are wasting time hauling detritus all over the place. A quick slap on their cheeks and revised work orders seems to have stopped that, though.

9th Hematite
Speaking of work orders, since the fishing area’s complete, I’ve told the fish cleaner that he’s now a full-time fisherman. Congratulations – and try not to get eaten by carp.

12th Hematite
Today I’ve decided to look inside the EEP to see what the elves are doing and what do I find? Underneath the mountain of wood, I see they’ve brought with them some animals!

A hippo, a monkey and a warthog; none of them interests me, though. Fantastic.

On my way out, Miner McIdiot’s intelligence levels plummets while preparing the pump tower and is now stuck. Great job, moron.

15th Hematite
I’m getting tired of seeing this fort. There’s nothing but stone, goblets, crafts, food, more stone and more goblets to clutter my vision. Where’s my metal industry, I say. We have competent smiths, but no ores! How are supposed to defend ourselves with only bone cutlery and paper armor? It’s time we delve into the mountain. It’s time we test our resolve, our courage and our sanity!  It’s time we search for precious metals in the deep. This day will signal the birth of a new fort, a new power and a new empire! This is the day our new mineshaft is carved out, as we descend ever so further into our hated rock.

16th Hematite
Our cattle are fighting again out in the “fields”. It has become apparent to me that no amount of butchery will ever sate the hunger of the leftover herd. The butchers will be busy today.

19th Hematite
Head’s pounding. Ears are aching. Vocal chords are at their breaking point. Iggy and the others are incapable of staying silent. “More cages, more cages, more cages!” they yell. It’s driving me insane. Fine, have your fun with your cages! Waste all our wood! Just leave me the Urist alone! Ugh… I need more booze.

26th Hematite
Out of pure intuition, I asked the miners about our progress with the mineshaft recently. We struck galena!

Finally, now we can plan ahead for our industry. However, seeing as we have no access to fuel, our only option now is to dig deeper. Dig until we’ve dug too deep. Dig until we strike precious magma! Your days are numbered now, elves!

27th Hematite
I’ve got good news and bad news. The good news is that we’ve found even more galena. The bad news is that the galena is inside a huge, new cavern.

Full of plump helmetmen.

Also, we have some guests in the upper cavern, too.

I wonder if I can make some nice leather boots out of the serpentmen's skins. Furthermore, the mason’s workshop is cluttered to the rim. We are in desperate need of a new furniture stockpile.

1st Malachite

As I promised, we now have no idlers. The workforce can be sure that as long as I stay in power, there will always be work for them.

9th Malachite
A few things have happened in the recent days. Firstly, one of the recruits has proposed to his axe.

He’s on his way to becoming a true dwarf.

Secondly, we breached into another freaking cavern – big one, too. There are no metals in it, though, as far as I can see.

Thirdly, there have been some interesting developments in our search for delicious magma.

It’s only a matter of time now before the great magma sea is revealed.

Fourthly, our resident broker lost his mind to feyness recently and claimed the mason’s workshop, kicking him out in the process.

This might be a sign of a troublemaker, or an insane dwarf.
Lastly, disaster struck as the fisherman gave me a note yesterday, saying that there’s no fish in the western cavern. Blast!

11th Malachite
As I sit here, working carefully on a new, fragile, figurine masterpiece, the mason gets the jump on me. That idiot makes me jump out of reflex, forcing the figurine to get smashed as it hits the floor. He might still be grumpy after losing his workshop to a madman, but this is way out of line. I toss him out and give him a slap so hard he won’t regain his feeling for a week. And the cheek will be blood-red, too. In any case, I have a look at what on earth the broker’s doing. “Furiously working” he says. Well, make me destroy another masterpiece and I’ll show him just how “furiously” I can work on him!

12th Malachite
I kept hearing these animal noises from the EEP, so I sent someone to check up on them. They returned and said that they’ve gone insane. Looks like I’ll now be off watching that spectacle, then.

14th Malachite
It was brutal. It was beautiful. The pansy elves never stood a chance.

Now that I’m back in my office, though, I can’t get this thought out of my head. I took a look at the wall on my way back from EEP and it still wasn’t defendable enough. That’s why I’ve now ordered it to be laden with traps – loads and loads of traps. But even with that defense, it will only keep topside invaders out. The real threat’s coming from the inside.

A giant toad has decided to take a peek inside our mighty fort. Too bad I ordered the hatch to be locked as soon as my fisherman spotted it. I’m also installing the new bridge control unit for the bridge that controls the passage to the fishing area.

16th Malachite

The broker bursts into my room today, revealing his new creation – a bed made out of stone.

True dwarf, indeed – the bed, that is. Too bad none of us are worthy enough to sleep on it yet. But time will tell soon enough, who will be dwarf enough to earn to sleep in a truly dwarven bed.

19th Malachite

MAGMA! Delicious, precious, most delightful magma! We’ve found you. Come to me, aid me! Soon our dwarven might and prowess will be known across all lands, as elves will be dissolved for their heretical beliefs! Armok’s blood! We’ve also found the blood veins of the gods! Not one but two! I’m so excited and tearful. But then again, vile fire imps dare to oppose us. We must find alternative ways to reach the blood of the gods.

27th Malachite
Looks like our population will jump a bit. We got migrants on the horizon. I suspect 10% of them will have useful skills, the rest just have just come to leech from our wealth with their goslings and keets. Mind your step around here, leeches, for the fury of the magma knows no bounds and will most likely embrace you with its heat in the coming years. Mark my words on that. For now, jobs have been designated and people have been conscripted.

2nd Galena
The dwarves are getting grumpy. It’s not the cages this time. They’re just a bit off today. Looks like booze-withdrawal. Are we running out of booze? By Urist’s beard, we are! I guess it’s time to put some coal into the plump-helmet-booze furnace, and fill more stone pots with delicious, flammable, alcohol.

10th Galena

Well, crap. While attempting to isolate one of the veins of the gods, one of our miners strikes into the magma sea, subsequently flooding the hallway and melting the dwarf. The first death in Wallriddle is a miner. Perhaps this is a sign of things to come? In any case, we’re attempting to stop the flooding with walls. Hopefully, we won’t lose too much valuable blood from the gods. I better start making a memorial slab soon. Or not, actually, since it wasn’t a “pure” dwarf that died. Yeah, screw her. Her stupidity caused the disaster and she paid it with her life. Such idiocy doesn’t deserve to be remembered.

11th Galena
Garbage day! The garbage men humans have arrived from faraway lands to take away our unwanted clutter and pay us with their most gorgeous resources. Everyone better start hauling! We’ve got a golden deal in the making here and I don’t plan to miss it.

14th Galena
Blasted thieves! They’re always coming to steal away our treasures and two dwarven younglings. I hope they die in a fire, or gets hit by stones or –

Or just get caught in the cage trap. Wonderful. Perhaps I should build an arena just to watch it die an undignified death.

17th Galena
Cats are always a double-edged axe. On the one hand, they’re useful as scouts and keeps pests and the random hypnotised dwarven idiots away. On the other hand, they breed like fluffy wamblers. Today marks the first kitty birthday, and as such, I’ve arranged a party at the butcher’s. Enjoy.
And another goblin has run past the defenses today as well. They’re getting smarter, clever bastards.

26th Galena
There’s one little berserk yak bull still in the EEP drowning chamber and I’d very much like to get my hand on those logs it’s gnawing on. Therefore, an addition is being constructed to take care of any “survivors” in future uses of EEP.

27th Galena
Today is a glorious day to celebrate. We’ve finally got all those pesky mugs, goblets and other crap sold for some much needed material. Most importantly, high-quality wood has been bought as well as several metal bars, gems, food and booze. I should have my carpenter(s) start crafting pump components shortly.

1st Limestone
The wind’s getting colder; the booze is frostier than ever with a delicious taste that drowns your mouth. The dwarves are growing increasingly tired as time moves on and the green leaves on the imaginary trees turn orange. Autumn is here. And the elves are taking one more step forward to their doom. Oh yes, they won’t be around to bug us any longer soon. I’m counting on it.

Topside:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OOC: Aw, the animated images won't work! Darn.

EDIT: Does anyone have any feedback on the images? I just want to make sure they're the right sizes and not too big or small.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:58:03 am by da_nang »

Alaric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 05:42:16 pm »

This fort seems awesome. Could i be dorfed as warrior? I prefer sword or axedwarf.

Kona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 09:55:35 pm »

(OOC Some of the pics are a little big but great update)

It has been a quiet couple of season, and I McChoppin have been waiting for the EEP that our overseer has promised us to take action. For i await the spilling of elf blood, and when the Vile elves have taken the bait, the only thing i can do is wait for the high pitched screams of the scum that has been waiting to reach my ears, and when the blood bath commences i'll enjoy watching it all happen.

At Last the elvish screams could be heard, and i rush out to see the spectacle before my eyes, one of the yaks has gone berserk and slaughter the hole lot, though i would of liked to be the one to have that Honer, but any one or any thing that has the same hatred for those hippies as i do i consider a friend. I can only await to see what other ways we can torture the scum of the earth

Richards

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 12:12:18 am »

Images seem fine. Charred_gp and ignatzami can go ahead of me. I just want turn five.

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 10:10:31 am »

Magma, crazed animals and dead miners? Armok knows I'm going to have trouble topping this year, nang.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6