Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia Discussion Thread  (Read 33031 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Rougelike Mafia Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2011, 11:30:00 am »

13p would have 4 or 5 sk. I believe I set it to 4 for now.

And yes, evolver has permanent abilities. That's a main difference. However, that stops a lot of brokenness. The only problem is inspections, which will be need a few more counters.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2011, 12:53:38 pm »

Good news! The bot can determine several things right now: alignments, votes, and possibly classes. The last one is iffy, as I fixed an error right after testing it.

Unfortunately while lynches work, no lynches don't. Oh, and the game never ends correctly just yet.

Funny: I got sk twice out of the two times I tested it. The bot is clearly smarter than I thought.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2011, 04:08:42 pm »

T-t-t-triple post!

I'll be at server irc.newnet.net in #roguebot

Please remember that this will probably be super boring.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2011, 04:53:26 pm »

Quadra post!

Items are working now... Might have made an incredibly stupid error where I wasn't initializing them.
Votes might be fixed now, since I might have caused a crash by checking to see if something empty had stuff in it. And you know how code hates that.
Now, let's see if I can lynch myself...

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2011, 05:02:51 pm »

Hey, mind if I ask what you coded the bot in?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2011, 05:29:07 pm »

Java. I'm using a Jar Library known as PIRCBot. It's pretty easy to use.

Anyhow, votes are working. I'll start programming actions later. Items are working too :D

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2011, 05:35:14 pm »

Aw, man, Java's my worst language. Ah well. I wanted to see if I could steal the code to write a bot of my own.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2011, 05:37:40 pm »

Whitespace is your worst language, never let anybody tell you otherwise!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2011, 05:39:52 pm »

Aw, man, Java's my worst language. Ah well. I wanted to see if I could steal the code to write a bot of my own.
I didn't start learning Java until last summer, when I started writing DiceBot. Was pretty fun to learn.

My code is pretty ugly. Unless you don't mind no comments and pretty random groupings and separations.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2011, 10:36:22 pm »

Anyhow, votes are working. I'll start programming actions later. Items are working too :D

I asked you some eleventy billion times what you wrote DiceBot in and you never told me.  Jerk.

Comments are good for you, lest you look at the code many months later, wonder "What idiot wrote this code?" then realize it was you.

(I know Java half-decently if you need some debugging)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2011, 10:47:43 pm »

I asked you some eleventy billion times what you wrote DiceBot in and you never told me.  Jerk.

Comments are good for you, lest you look at the code many months later, wonder "What idiot wrote this code?" then realize it was you.

(I know Java half-decently if you need some debugging)
You never asked! And if you did, I wasn't paying attention. Plus, if you join in while the bots in the room, he says it's written with PIRCBot 1.5.0. You could've just googled that.

And comments are for squares. I program for fun, really. I'll almost certainly not make a job out of it, and therefore will just look back on my work and figure it out that way. It was lots of fun going back and editting my old DiceBot to work with lists instead of arrays. Man, what was I thinking back then?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2011, 11:44:02 am »

Adding wincons and actions, which will help figure out if Night has ended and Day has begun.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2011, 10:57:50 pm »

Guess what!

Nothing. I'm still working on actions, but I've got it sorting! Woo!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2011, 09:22:13 am »

Hey Toaster: how does protection and kill resistance work? Because right now, all I'm doing is adding a temporary 100 (%?) kill resistance to anyone that's being protected.

What I want to do is have kill resistance reduced by 100 every time they are killed during that Night (this, in itself, is easy and only during that Night), so that someone will never truly be impossible to kill.

Also, I've got Night actions working almost perfectly. It just has to check to make sure they're all in first. And then do them. >.>

After that, the game just needs items and actions added! :)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2011, 09:54:14 am »

Not exactly- you'd have to separate guaranteed protections (?oProtect) and percent based kill protection (enchant armor).  Guaranteed protects are checked first and lost at one per kill attempt.  Percentage protection is checked next, and does not expire when triggered. 

Example A:  A and B both ?oProtect C.  C would have to have three kill actions target him to die that night.

Example B:  A has been previously been hit with Enchant Armor.  B targets A with Grayswandir (a double kill).  A would have to pass the 25% chance both times to not die.

Example C:  A has been previously been hit with Enchant Armor.  B targets A with protection.  C, D, and E target A with kills.  The first kill triggers the protection.  The second kill gets checked against the 25% protection, and the protection saves A.  The third kill gets checked against the 25% protection but fails to be protected.  A dies.

Example D:  A, a warrior, targets B with a kill.  B has been previously been hit with Enchant Armor.  C protects B.  D blocks A.  A makes two separate 33% rolls to ignore the block and the protection.  They both pass, so all protection is disregarded.  B dies.

Is that clear?  I believe the only percentage based kill reduction is the Enchant Armor effect, and it doesn't stack.

EDIT:  Enchant Armor is 25% protection, not 33%.  Also, I forgot Ring of Protection:

Ring of Protection:  Kills targetting you have a 50% chance to fail

I need to think on that one- as written, I interpret that as a completely separate roll, as it targets the action itself.  That may need to be reconsidered.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:57:37 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17