Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 Released  (Read 183153 times)

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 Released
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2011, 09:00:07 am »

Black pudding... what else to make from barrels of blood?
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2011, 09:54:04 am »

Great work on the bugfixes, Toady.   :)

This recent bug-fixing spree has me convinced.  I would play a nightly build of DF.

Strange, because I get totally the opposite feeling!  I'd really like the Toad to announce a 6+ month release-free dev arc of something awesome so we can go back to the 40d days... playing and dreaming.  Good times.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2011, 10:20:17 am »

More probably a 2 month cycle. I haven't checked mantis yet, but judging from the posts here there have been no new crash bugs. End bugfix, begin next batch of new features... after some bureaucrasy (taxes etc).
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2011, 10:29:24 am »

Well, I did crash, but that was a fort from .21, and it was while HFS was cleaning out my fortress (in other words: too much stuff going on at the same time to narrow it down). Haven't tried to reproduce.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2011, 11:18:22 am »

At this stage I'm just  going to wait until the 'final' .x release and then congratulate...

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2011, 11:22:20 am »

we'll truly know the bugfix arc has finished when our dwarves start wearing clothes again...

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2011, 12:03:51 pm »

That implies the 'bugfix arc' was about sitting down to do every single known bug before moving on. Not how Toady works, these latest few quickfire releases were only to hotfix crash bugs introduced by the last set of bugfixing. Assuming no more hotfixes are needed, the next time he fixes bugs will be after the Release 1 content.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2011, 12:06:20 pm »

we'll truly know the bugfix arc has finished when our dwarves start wearing clothes again...
...and when metal barrels won't weigh as much as three anvils. And metal flasks won't weigh four spears' worth.

Just kidding, those things are very minor.
Everyone, latest Dwarf Therapist settings are out and auto-downloading to your DT!

ps. some collected item weights:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:32:15 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2011, 01:00:25 pm »

Not to rain on the parad, but am I the only one whose game always crashes on selecting the barracks with q?
Memento Mori

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2011, 02:37:56 pm »

Not to rain on the parad, but am I the only one whose game always crashes on selecting the barracks with q?
REPORT IT!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2011, 03:28:24 pm »

REPORT IT!

Already done.  It's a TrueType issue.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2011, 05:03:47 pm »

The speed tweaks in .23 have made a big difference to my current fort. 230 Dwarves, it was hovering around 6 but it's now back up to 14-15 or so. It makes a big difference to the enjoyability of the game. And the working hospitals? Utter bliss.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2011, 06:00:39 pm »

Am I the only person who checks this forum in trepidation every time they wake up, expecting to find yet another new version with some VERY necessesary bugfix?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2011, 07:51:04 pm »

It's better than having to deal with those bugs for a year or more while you're waiting for them to be fixed.

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2011, 12:44:25 am »

Am I the only person who checks this forum in trepidation every time they wake up, expecting to find yet another new version with some VERY necessesary bugfix?

Right there with you. Last thing I want done before Toady sits down for a big arc is patching up some of the few military/random high places bugs and thats it =[
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27