Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 Released  (Read 183184 times)

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 Released
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2011, 09:33:29 pm »

What does today code in anyway?

C++, if I recall correctly.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2011, 09:49:07 pm »

Okay, I must have had some sort of cacheing issue because there are several posts between my last post and the one I was responding to that weren't there before. Anyway.

I think I have a weird bug, I don't see it in mantis but casting around for ideas before I submit.

My civilization screen always listed my civ as only having an expedition leader. When I became the capital, the game paused and said, "The King and his entourage have arrived!" .... except not. He's not there. He's not hiding in a corner. He's not at the booze pile, I checked. Neither is his entourage. The civ screen now says I have no important leaders  :-\

This is the same save as the uneaten grass one.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2011, 10:09:05 pm »

One last thing: do you guys manage to visually distinguish grass from muddy floor, pebbles, and various other kinds of soil? Around my fortress, it seems that the only way to see if grass is growing somewhere is to use 'k' and check tiles one at a time, not very good if you want to quickly assess how much food is left for your grazers, or if a place is good for a pasture. Some different tiles for grass and bare soil would help I think.

Briefly: grass is light green or dark green, soil is other colours.
Grass can turn yellow in the dry season, but it can still be distinguised from bare ground as the only yellow soil type is yellow sand, and sand always has a double ~ as its tile.
Some plants can be blue, but there aren't any blue soil types. I assume that there are few or no exceptions when it comes to other plant colours.
Mud covers everything, unfortunately. All you can do is wait for things to grow over the top of the mud.

Just looking at the grass tiles doesn't tell you how much grass is on there, but if you're getting down to bare earth your animals need to be somewhere else.

And since this thread is on page six, it must be time for .26!
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2011, 12:13:34 am »

Toady entered evil mode with his update speed. Some communities might counterstrike.

All hail!

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2011, 01:07:09 am »

Holy Speedy Updates, Batman! I take a few days away from my fort and four new versions are released!

Huzzah!

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2011, 01:38:22 am »

The artifact is made of code depicting a toad slaving over keys.  It is banded with giraffe egg shell and menaces with pure win.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2011, 01:40:28 am »

It's obvious isn't it? ELF BLOOD GIVES YOU WINGS!!! /redbull reference.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2011, 01:49:19 am »

It's obvious isn't it? ELF BLOOD GIVES YOU WINGS!!! /redbull reference.

Actually, I find that I can't digest elf blood any better than I can human blood.

... I did accidentally swallow a large mouthful of my own blood once. It was NOT a pleasant experience. This is how I know vampires are not actually a Thing.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2011, 01:54:44 am »

My blood is sweet... I kind of like the taste, but not enough to cut myself.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2011, 02:14:14 am »

My blood is sweet... I kind of like the taste, but not enough to cut myself.

Yeah don't do that.

It's not that my blood tasted bad- it's that your stomach rejects it and there's only one way for it to go.

Wow, okay, that was an incredibly creepy and incredibly off-topic tangent  :-X

I will correct that by saying: Blood... for the... Blood God? Armok's stomach must be made of steel.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2011, 02:24:05 am »

I will correct that by saying: Blood... for the... Blood God? Armok's stomach must be made of steel.

What are you talking about? everyone knows that Armok bathes in blood, he doesn't actually drink it.
That sort of this is reserved for those filthy vampire creatures.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2011, 02:50:38 am »

Toady entered evil mode with his update speed. Some communities might counterstrike.

All hail!
We're on page 6 again? Time for a new update!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2011, 02:53:12 am »

come on... come on...

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2011, 03:24:33 am »

(*)fixed world gen crash caused when a prisoner escapes from a site at the same time the last person to arrive at the site commits murder

Why the hell should that crash DF?

Probably "last person to arrive at the site commits murder" targets prisoner, but "prisoner escapes from a site at the same time" so it targets invalid person, so it targets invalid index, so it reads invalid area of memory, so it crashes.

Or because two seperate processes (murder and escape) access the same property of the site (population number).

AFAIK DF is not multithreaded.

Correct, and you beat me to posting it.
yes, but...you can have multiple methods in a single process, accessing the same value:
It decides what to do with a site's population in one loop,

-----

edit: no please, I'm just halfway through genning a new world in .25
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 03:26:42 am by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Dradym

• Bay Watcher
  • if its hard, overly complex, but fun, its a dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2011, 06:08:45 am »

spartan warriors used to "eat" blood soup-made from actual blood, you just have to cook it first....preferably over magma, with bits of elephant and carp...thats called dwarf style jambalaya, lolz
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27